Orlovsky

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I listen to our radio crew whenever possible. There is no crew on any network as professional, insightful, informative, knowledgeable and even impartial as our crew is.

That being said, I wasn't able to listen to the radio for the fiesta bowl so had to take what we got. They weren't the worst crew we've ever had by a long shot, but they certainly weren't the best either. One glaring item, if you don't know the players first name, just stick to the last name.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
He’s far from polished and smooth in his delivery but here’s what I like about him: he doesn’t come across as pretentious or someone just trying to be cool and hip with his comments and verbiage, like RG III; He’s a a play analyst nerd junkie and he’s proud of it. Although he speaks really quickly and rapidly throws in football acronyms and terms others may not pick up on, he seems to genuinely enjoy bringing us into his world of thinking, and most times I came away informed.
Herbie seems to be a really great person and family man. I would really like him a lot more if not for his Ohio State bias...Actually I'm in awe that the ultimate win at all cost program like Ohio State ever produced such a person.

Feb 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I listen to our radio crew whenever possible. There is no crew on any network as professional, insightful, informative, knowledgeable and even impartial as our crew is.

That being said, I wasn't able to listen to the radio for the fiesta bowl so had to take what we got. They weren't the worst crew we've ever had by a long shot, but they certainly weren't the best either. One glaring item, if you don't know the players first name, just stick to the last name.
“Caleb Presley” was said too many times.

Mar 31, 2011
ND has the tradition and the larger fanbase. He didn't think he'd need to do much research on us because he, like every other media asshat, seems to ignore us. Look at the media coverage since as an example. Baylor is the media darling and the Sugar Bowl is all ESPN could talk about while barely mentioning our win over ND, UNLESS covering ND and the reasons they lost and not even mentioning us.
You mean like this headline from SI? Not "Oklahoma State's..." or even "former Oklahoma State" but Ohio State's Jim Knowles named DC of the Year.

Screenshot_20220104-160250.png

Nov 8, 2013
just trying to be cool and hip with his comments and verbiage, like RG III
I would disagree with this. IMO, RGIII isn't "trying" to be cool and hip - he is comfortably speaking with contemporary style and with great energy. My college-age sons love him. And once I remind myself not to permanently hate him for his association with Baylor (*NOT* easy), I like his commentary as well. I understand he is not for everyone, however.

Perhaps a broadcast booth pairing with an unretired Verne Lundquist would be in order (and very entertaining)!

Dec 2, 2008
SC
I have to admit, I did lose a little respect for him after this.
https://twitter.com/laurarutledge/status/1479527949288165377?s=21

Nov 6, 2010
He just needs to smear a little peanut butter on top of it and he'll change his tune. If anyone here hasn't tried that yet, it may change your world.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I would disagree with this. IMO, RGIII isn't "trying" to be cool and hip - he is comfortably speaking with contemporary style and with great energy. My college-age sons love him. And once I remind myself not to permanently hate him for his association with Baylor (*NOT* easy), I like his commentary as well. I understand he is not for everyone, however.

Perhaps a broadcast booth pairing with an unretired Verne Lundquist would be in order (and very entertaining)!
Fair enough.

Mar 31, 2011
He's tOSU's Defensive Coordinator. Absolutely nothing wrong with the headline.
You're pretending that if Knowles spent last season at OU or Alabama before departing for tOSU it still wouldn't mention them in the headline? You're delusional. It doesn't matter, and I don't care, but you're delusional.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Choosing oatmeal raisin over chocolate chip is exactly the kind of thing the Chinese are hoping is going on over here.