Orlovsky

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 2, 2008
SC
I enjoy him and his insight. He hasn’t come across as a “homer” at all. The guy genuinely loves breaking down plays. He’s been very complimentary of the Pokes in the second half.

Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
I enjoy him and his insight. He hasn’t come across as a “homer” at all. The guy genuinely loves breaking down plays. He’s been very complimentary of the Pokes in the second half.
The problem is everything that comes out of his mouth is stupid. He does zero research and quite frankly I think he's the sloppiest commentator I've ever heard. I legitimately think any one of us could do a better job than that guy.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
The problem is everything that comes out of his mouth is stupid. He does zero research and quite frankly I think he's the sloppiest commentator I've ever heard.
Disagree. The dude is a fill in commentator for college football. His bread and butter is as an analyst of the NFL. He’s the only commentator for ESPN that doesn’t not come across as having a favorite in the game. His break down of plays is the best n the biz.

Dec 26, 2011
Stillwater
He had a hard on for Marcus freeman and mostly Tommy Rees. I don’t know what that was about

He bugged me, but he had good football knowledge. Better than most

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Didn’t listen to the TV. But on the NFL, Orlovsky is too much “shock” you with a hot take sorta guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah he used to come on the Will Cain show and argue how great Carson Wentz is. I honestly think he tried to be a contrarian to drive ratings from people who disagree. A much more likable SAS or Skip…

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Yeah he used to come on the Will Cain show and argue how great Carson Wentz is. I honestly think he tried to be a contrarian to drive ratings from people who disagree. A much more likable SAS or Skip…
That’s why ou never gets penalized. People watch them because they hate them and want them to lose

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
He’s far from polished and smooth in his delivery but here’s what I like about him: he doesn’t come across as pretentious or someone just trying to be cool and hip with his comments and verbiage, like RG III; He’s a a play analyst nerd junkie and he’s proud of it. Although he speaks really quickly and rapidly throws in football acronyms and terms others may not pick up on, he seems to genuinely enjoy bringing us into his world of thinking, and most times I came away informed.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
The impression I got is he thought ND was clearly the better team going in to the game, and they looked it early, so lots of comments about ND. He was complimentary to OSU in the second half. Didn't seem like he knew much about our team or players.

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX
The impression I got is he thought ND was clearly the better team going in to the game, and they looked it early, so lots of comments about ND. He was complimentary to OSU in the second half. Didn't seem like he knew much about our team or players.
ND has the tradition and the larger fanbase. He didn't think he'd need to do much research on us because he, like every other media asshat, seems to ignore us. Look at the media coverage since as an example. Baylor is the media darling and the Sugar Bowl is all ESPN could talk about while barely mentioning our win over ND, UNLESS covering ND and the reasons they lost and not even mentioning us.