OrangePower Tailgate - Baylor Bears

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
Where - Our spot on the South side of Ag Hall
When -Most all day
Who - Anybody/everybody.
Menu -Pork Loin and sides

Kickoff time is 6 PM. For the first time in over a decade, the Harrell's won't be in attendance this week. So Storm and Jay will be leading the tailgate. I'm not 100% sure what time they plan on starting the day, but a good guess would be sometime around 10 AM. Come and support them, as I'm sure its rough not having me around. :)

We are 4-0 and have another undefeated and ranked team in Baylor coming into town. Any Baylor fans that want to come meet with some great people are welcome. The Intoxicologist will be set up and doing all the wonderful things he does. I'm sure it will be a fantastic day.

One side note: This tailgate operates 100% off of donations. Every dime donated goes to paying for the operating cost of the tailgate and anything above that goes to the scholarship drive (see below). Through three home games, the tailgate has spent more money than has been donated. That isn't unexpected after the first couple games, but generally we are back to even or slightly ahead after the 3rd game. That is not the case this year. We are about $80 in the hole after 3 games which is very unusual and the large crowd we had last week only brought in a grand total of $120 or so in donations. That didn't even cover the cost of the sausage last week. Those that know me know that I do not dwell on the money and expect things will work themselves out, but that amount averages out to a donation of about $1.25 per person that ate last week. That is very disappointing and frustrating. We never ask for more than people can afford, but that amount is less than a person pays for a soft drink. I would not have said anything, but a few people at the tailgate requested that I post something about it.

Scholarship drive for 2021: Since the 2012 season, the generosity of people donating has allowed us to donate at least $1000 to OSU for scholarships after every season except last year. The hope is that we can accomplish that goal again this year.

Additional notes:
  • While we aren't responsible for enforcing the no tobacco rules on campus, most people appreciate being smoke free. So if you wish to smoke, please move away from the tents to do so. We had a couple instances in prior years of people smoking under or right next to the tents. Not a good situation. Please respect those around you in their choice to be smoke free.

Nov 12, 2007
Tulsa, Okla.
Sorry I'm missing out on sligin' drinks and spinin' tunes this year, but we have a 7-month old and me spending 12 hours in Stillwater on 6-7 Saturdays this year just isn't tenable. :)

Bummer about the donations. I always had no problem browbeating people to donate before I made them a drink, especially if they weren't "regulars." Hopefully that will pick up this week.

Miss you all!