Only 3 Power Five Teams have done it...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I'd put the O/U at 3 ou losses out of this group, and I'd probably take the under. I'd put our mortgages up as the wager (if I truly believed you own a house).
You know OU is due a down year or two every twenty years, right. Heck Miles beat them two or three times when he coached OSU. OU is in shambles and couldn’t find a good HC so they brought a DC they ran off years ago… big mistake. They have sub par talent and sub par coaching. I do not profess to be Nostradamus but as 1slowpoke, I won multiple pizza bets predicting OU loss to CU, BSU, Oregon and even several years ago ISU and KSU back to back losses. I have owned and sold many houses, but at 70, I rent a small house as I don’t need a large mortgage as I have had. We will see, but I believe OU will have a down year. Now they don’t let you gamble on these message boards anymore and you risk being banned as everyone gets mad when you always win pizza bets.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
You know OU is due a down year or two every twenty years, right. Heck Miles beat them two or three times when he coached OSU. OU is in shambles and couldn’t find a good HC so they brought a DC they ran off years ago… big mistake. They have sub par talent and sub par coaching. I do not profess to be Nostradamus but as 1slowpoke I won multiple pizza bets prediction OU loss to CU, BSU, and Oregon and even several years ago ISU and KSU back to back losses. I have owned and sold many houses, but at 70, I rent a small house as I don’t need a large mortgage as I have had. We will see, but I believe OU will have a down year. Now they don’t let you gamble on these message boards and you risk banning as everyone gets made when you always win pizza bets.
I remember what happened to Joe Pesci when he “got made” in Goodfellows. It wasn’t pretty.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
You know OU is due a down year or two every twenty years, right. Heck Miles beat them two or three times when he coached OSU. OU is in shambles and couldn’t find a good HC so they brought a DC they ran off years ago… big mistake. They have sub par talent and sub par coaching. I do not profess to be Nostradamus but as 1slowpoke I won multiple pizza bets prediction OU loss to CU, BSU, and Oregon and even several years ago ISU and KSU back to back losses. I have owned and sold many houses, but at 70, I rent a small house as I don’t need a large mortgage as I have had. We will see, but I believe OU will have a down year. Now they don’t let you gamble on these message boards and you risk banning as everyone gets made when you always win pizza bets.
Hah! I knew I was right about the house!

Just kidding - I'm always going for the cheap giggle.

I just don't think they are subpar on talent. Definitely down some due to transfers, but not below most B12 teams. Coaches? I really, really, really hope you're right, but we'll see.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Hah! I knew I was right about the house!

Just kidding - I'm always going for the cheap giggle.

I just don't think they are subpar on talent. Definitely down some due to transfers, but not below most B12 teams. Coaches? I really, really, really hope you're right, but we'll see.
They have been subpar on talent for several years, Reilly covered it up with the offense. The goon media machine is working way to hard to pump them up to get early rankings. Their qb is suspect, their defense has no new stars and their best receivers have left. How are they not subpar?

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
While I can't get to 4 or 5 wins for OU like Annie, I would not be surprised at all if OU fails to make the Conf Championship game.

I think they are:
- Weaker at Head Coach
- Weaker at OC
- Weaker at QB
- Weaker at RB
- Weaker at WR.
- And their defense wasn't that much last year. Probably will be about same with Venables.

I think OU has MANY questions to be answered this year. I could easily see a rematch of OSU/Baylor in Dallas. Hopefully, the outcome will be better for the Pokes than last season.

Oct 3, 2015
Enid Oklahoma
Here's a fact: when Gundy retires, OSU will probably never even come close to replicating the success Gundy has fortunately blessed OSU's football program. I dread the day Gundy retires.

The anti-Gundy fools will quickly realize the error of their ways. Sure, would've been nice to have won 4-5 conference championship during Gundy's tenure. However, I don't think people truly comprehend the improbable success Gundy has achieved. Without Gundy, OSU football would've rivaled Kansas as the Big 12's doormat program.

We've been unbelievably successful. Let's be honest.. did anyone honestly believe that OSU would've achieved such success? Anyone remember the 90's? I don't, because I've blocked that nightmare of a decade from my memory. I thought we'd never come close. Not even remotely.

We all better enjoy the success... It will be over with when Gundy retires. I'm not saying we'll become Kansas like. The consistency Gundy has achieved will be over. Couple winning seasons followed by multiple losing seasons will be the norm. Heck, we may never be successful again. We all know it, too. We don't want to believe it. Better enjoy every second of it, because It will be over when Gundy retires
I only log in when someone says something so completely outlandish.... Like this A$$Hatery. YES after TBP $$ I would say that MOST fans expected to continue to climb the ladder of further relevancy. Gundy has earned his Iba hall pass after last season. He's proven to be a very good ambassador for OKState. But any "fan" that believes we would be absolutely nothing without him is far too high. Any "fan" that can't be honest about how often he has turned into Captain give the game away by odd decisions like punting in FG range in the final minutes of the 4th quarter is high, drunk & delusional. It's not 1990 anymore budro.

Oct 3, 2015
Enid Oklahoma
While I can't get to 4 or 5 wins for OU like Annie, I would not be surprised at all if OU fails to make the Conf Championship game.

I think they are:
- Weaker at Head Coach
- Weaker at OC
- Weaker at QB
- Weaker at RB
- Weaker at WR.
- And their defense wasn't that much last year. Probably will be about same with Venables.

I think OU has MANY questions to be answered this year. I could easily see a rematch of OSU/Baylor in Dallas. Hopefully, the outcome will be better for the Pokes than last season.
I love me some Orange Kool aid too. And I have us going 12-2 again. BUT.

HC - Yes, obviously.

OC - No way. Logically or statistically is this statement justifiable.

RB - I love DR and am fully sold on Nixon & Gordon but putting them above Gray seems crazy.

WR - Yes! We are absolutely stacked!!!

And I agree on Defense.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby

I think they are:
- Weaker at Head Coach
- Weaker at OC
- Weaker at QB
- Weaker at RB
- Weaker at WR.

I love me some Orange Kool aid too. And I have us going 12-2 again. BUT.

HC - Yes, obviously.

OC - No way. Logically or statistically is this statement justifiable.

RB - I love DR and am fully sold on Nixon & Gordon but putting them above Gray seems crazy.

WR - Yes! We are absolutely stacked!!!

And I agree on Defense.
I may be wrong, but I don't think he was comparing OSU and OU. I think he was comparing 2021 OU and 2022 OU.

From that standpoint, he's probably right. Who really knows, though?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk