Only 3 Power Five Teams have done it...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Oklahoma State is one of only six teams to post a winning season every year from 2010-21, joining Alabama, Boise State, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Wisconsin. It is one of only three Power Five teams with winning seasons each of the past 16 years, joined by Wisconsin and Oklahoma.

• Entering the 2022 season, Oklahoma State has been ranked in the top 15 of the Associated Press poll in 12 of the past 14 seasons and has posted 10-win seasons seven of the past 12 years.

• The Cowboys have averaged 9.4 wins per year since 2010, a mark that ranks 10th in the FBS during that span.

• Gundy has led the Cowboys to a 72-35 record in Big 12 games since 2010, a mark that is good for second-best in the conference during that span. His 91 career wins in Big 12 games rank fourth in the history of the conference, trailing only Bob Stoops, Mack Brown and Bill Snyder on the all-time chart.

• OSU has scored 10 victories over teams ranked in the Associated Press top 10 since 2008. Gundy has 36 career wins vs. AP Top 25 opponents. Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney are the only other active coaches with more wins over AP Top 25 teams at their current schools.

CowboyOrange82

Banned
Banned
Oct 29, 2016
US
Here's a fact: when Gundy retires, OSU will probably never even come close to replicating the success Gundy has fortunately blessed OSU's football program. I dread the day Gundy retires.

The anti-Gundy fools will quickly realize the error of their ways. Sure, would've been nice to have won 4-5 conference championship during Gundy's tenure. However, I don't think people truly comprehend the improbable success Gundy has achieved. Without Gundy, OSU football would've rivaled Kansas as the Big 12's doormat program.

We've been unbelievably successful. Let's be honest.. did anyone honestly believe that OSU would've achieved such success? Anyone remember the 90's? I don't, because I've blocked that nightmare of a decade from my memory. I thought we'd never come close. Not even remotely.

We all better enjoy the success... It will be over with when Gundy retires. I'm not saying we'll become Kansas like. The consistency Gundy has achieved will be over. Couple winning seasons followed by multiple losing seasons will be the norm. Heck, we may never be successful again. We all know it, too. We don't want to believe it. Better enjoy every second of it, because It will be over when Gundy retires

Mar 8, 2010
Here's a fact: when Gundy retires, OSU will probably never even come close to replicating the success Gundy has fortunately blessed OSU's football program. I dread the day Gundy retires.

The anti-Gundy fools will quickly realize the error of their ways. Sure, would've been nice to have won 4-5 conference championship during Gundy's tenure. However, I don't think people truly comprehend the improbable success Gundy has achieved. Without Gundy, OSU football would've rivaled Kansas as the Big 12's doormat program.

We've been unbelievably successful. Let's be honest.. did anyone honestly believe that OSU would've achieved such success? Anyone remember the 90's? I don't, because I've blocked that nightmare of a decade from my memory. I thought we'd never come close. Not even remotely.

We all better enjoy the success... It will be over with when Gundy retires. I'm not saying we'll become Kansas like. The consistency Gundy has achieved will be over. Couple winning seasons followed by multiple losing seasons will be the norm. Heck, we may never be successful again. We all know it, too. We don't want to believe it. Better enjoy every second of it, because It will be over when Gundy retires
Wow! I bet you’re a lot of fun at parties! Nobody’s criticizing Gundy on this thread. We’re just pointing out how our recent success differs from other successful programs.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC

We now have facilities and money to hire a proven D1 HC.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
#1 – Oklahoma 2000 to 2021

#2 – Wisconsin 2002 to 2021

#3 – Oklahoma State 2006 to 2021

How important was that Tyreek Hill punt return on OU in 2014? Without it we would have finished 5-7 and the winning seasons streak and Bowl streak would have ended. Thanks to Bob Stoops re-kicking to Hill, we finished 6-6 regular season, went to a Bowl and won the Bowl to go 7-6. So the streaks stayed alive. That year was close.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
You know.... Mike Gundy could be very similar to Eddie Sutton in some ways....

Under Eddie, alumni and Cowboy through and through, OSU was a nationally prominent basketball program. Really haven't been since.

Under Gundy, alumni and Cowboy through an through, OSU has been a nationally prominent football program. We'll have to see how things go after him...

Seems we've had our greatest success with Coaches who played at OSU. Eddie Sutton, Mike Gundy, John Smith, Josh Holiday to name a few....

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2004

I am a big fan of Coach Gundy but how do you know all this? You psychic?

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
It may be down to OSU and Wisconsin after this year as OU typically has a down cycle every 20-years so they probably go 4-8 or 5-7 this year with an unproven New HC. I have OU losing to Nebraska, KSU, TCU, ISU, Texas, Baylor, and OSU as they lost many assistant coaches and somewhere around 24 players. They may only win 3 or 4 games this year. Heck, El Paso and Dana Dimel might even knock them out in Snorman!

OU made a big mistake hiring Venables, a life long DC with no head coaching experience and he probably is let go after his second year when they go to the SEC and they bring in a proven winner as a HC. Heck, OU would have been better off promoting Cale Gundy than hiring a coach who left them for a parallel position. If Venables had HC abilities he would have taken a HC job many years ago. Venables is basically set up to fail or he is the interim until they get to SEC and OU gets a proven HC to replace Venables!

Last edited:

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma

That is your opinion, a theory, but not a fact.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

We now have facilities and money to hire a proven D1 HC.
Texas has been saying that for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro