Olympics

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Have we ever had a President Bash one of their own countries teams at the Olympics before?

Former President Trump on Thursday criticized an old target - the U.S. women's national soccer team - by saying players would have won the gold medal and not the bronze at the Olympics if they weren't "woke."

"Woke means you lose, everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has," Trump said in a statement issued by his Save America PAC.

"If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn't woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze," he argued.

The women's team took third place and the bronze medal in Tokyo after defeating Australia 4-3 on Thursday.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Have we ever had a President Bash one of their own countries teams at the Olympics before?

Former President Trump on Thursday criticized an old target - the U.S. women's national soccer team - by saying players would have won the gold medal and not the bronze at the Olympics if they weren't "woke."

"Woke means you lose, everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has," Trump said in a statement issued by his Save America PAC.

"If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn't woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze," he argued.

The women's team took third place and the bronze medal in Tokyo after defeating Australia 4-3 on Thursday.
I doubt we’ve ever had Olympic teams bash POTUSes before either. When you enter the arena of politics I don’t think you should expect the other side not to respond.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Was channel surfing yesterday and came across power walking... Forget the Olympics, how is that a track event, period?...
Have more than one child at a time. Twins or more. You will find out at a certain point when they learn to walk at the same time. You will spend about 40% of your day Speed Walking between them in Public AND Private trying to stop them from creating mini disasters 24/7.

My wife and I could have medaled in this at one point in our lives I'm sure.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
I vote this as an Olympic sport ahead of power walking and equestrian.

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1423715065056878595?s=21

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Have to have something to fuss about. so do we think this was intentional?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Well I stopped reading this thread halfway through page 3...so sick of politics. All I'll say is I doubt you'll see any Chinese athletes protesting during their national anthem. There's a reason for that and it's not a good thing.

I for one am happy and damn proud to live in a country where people are free to protest during the national anthem and will defend with my dying breath their right to flip a middle finger to the flag while it's playing if they want to.

The flip side is that those same freedoms and rights extend to people who want to call those athletes embarrassing, ignorant, selfish, etc. And I would defend that just as vehemently. Amazes me the people on both sides who defend one and criticize the other. Freedom is a two way street.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Well I stopped reading this thread halfway through page 3...so sick of politics. All I'll say is I doubt you'll see any Chinese athletes protesting during their national anthem. There's a reason for that and it's not a good thing.

I for one am happy and damn proud to live in a country where people are free to protest during the national anthem and will defend with my dying breath their right to flip a middle finger to the flag while it's playing if they want to.

The flip side is that those same freedoms and rights extend to people who want to call those athletes embarrassing, ignorant, selfish, etc. And I would defend that just as vehemently. Amazes me the people on both sides who defend one and criticize the other. Freedom is a two way street.
USA isn’t the only country with freedom. Did any other country’s athlete(s) protest their anthem or flag? I’m not trying to make a point, just genuinely curious if this is a US only phenomenon.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
Have to have something to fuss about. so do we think this was intentional?

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's running wedged between other runners reaching across one. It could have been difficult to grip the first bottle you came to. One would think he had matters of greater importance on his mind. Seems unlikely it was a premeditated act.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's running wedged between other runners reaching across one. It could have been difficult to grip the first bottle you came to. One would think he had matters of greater importance on his mind. Seems unlikely it was a premeditated act.
I tried to, but I can't help but believe that natural instinct would cause you to pull your arm or hand up or back towards your body when you hit the first grouping, but he hit nearly a dozen cups and didn't even flinch until, as 787 pointed out, he coincidentally "was able to pick up the very last one."

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

I love freedom of speech. Just sometimes wish people didn't use it so much.