Olympic Wrestling Trials

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
I’ll try to keep y’all updated on the Cowboys wrestling for a spot on the team, but I do have to work a little today.

Daton Fix beat Sean Russell in his first match (quarterfinals) 10-0 after a takedown and 3 gut wrenches. Russell wouldn’t even shake his hand. Good first match out the gate for Fix.

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Ferrari: Machiavelli gets a push out point up 1-0 end of 1. Machiavello gets put on shot clock and can’t score. Tied 1-1. Machiavello gets another step out point. Up 2-1. Ferrari on the clock and can’t score. He’s down 3-1. Gets a takedown at the buzzer! Under review! 1 second too late :(

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2014
Daton Fix's Olympic dream is over he lost 6-5 to Arujau. I'm not saying he will never make an Olympic team but this year was by far his best shot with no Spencer or Suriano

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Spencer lee and RBY will be the problem. This was a one timer for Suriano. The kid never wrestled freestyle, but literally skipped the season to focus on the olympics. Now that he unfortunately tested positive, MMA is in his future.

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Daton Fix wrestled Vitali Arujau in the Semifinals. He was slightly favored, but lost 6-5. Fix just couldn't get anything going until the second period, and by then it was too little too late. Got close to a takedown at the buzzer, but Arujau was quadpod. Needed a few more seconds to score. Most of Fix. scoring came from pushout while Virujau was running with the big lead. Disappointing.

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Daton Fix's Olympic dream is over he lost 6-5 to Arujau. I'm not saying he will never make an Olympic team but this year was by far his best shot with no Spencer or Suriano
I agree this was probably his best shot, but who knows with these sr level wrestlers. It's not like they were all 4 time NCAA champs. Some grow into it. I think he's 23, so he's not even in his real prime yet for freestyle. Burroughs was only a 2 time NCAA champ and he's one of the best Americans in the last 20 years.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2014
Spencer lee and RBY will be the problem. This was a one timer for Suriano. The kid never wrestled freestyle, but literally skipped the season to focus on the olympics. Now that he unfortunately tested positive, MMA is in his future.
actually he skipped 2 college seasons for it. Suriano has by far been the best American freestyler in international competition over the last year plus, he may see how big of a strides he made and make another run at it in 2024

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
actually he skipped 2 college seasons for it. Suriano has by far been the best American freestyler in international competition over the last year plus, he may see how big of a strides he made and make another run at it in 2024
Everything I've heard is its a one time deal and really wants to make MMA his future. Wrestling on the senior level isn't something he desires despite what he's done.

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Jordan Oliver beat Yianni Diakomihalis 4-4 (criteria). I missed the match, but according to the box score it was 1-0 Yianni at end of 1 with a shot clock point. Yianni went up 3-0 with a quick takedown, and JO returned the favor making it 3-2. Oliver was called for passivity and lost another shot clock point making it 4-2m then JO picked up 2, one pointers (step outs?) to tie it up; The last one was with 5 seconds left. I need to find a video of this match. He wrestles Joey McKenna for the spot, so has a good chance of making it. JO smoked McKenna 10-0 in about 2 minutes about 6 months ago.

Last edited: