Olympic Trials (Wrestling)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
For you nerds who don't follow wrestling that close, the Olympic Trials are this weekend (Fri/Sat). OSU has three current/former wrestlers competing for a shot at the freestyle team (p.s. I feel like I saw 4, but I couldn't figure out who 4th was):

56 KG (123.46 Pounds): Daton Fix is the 2 seed. Almost a 10 pound cut for him from the NCAA's two weeks ago. Going to be interesting to see how much the cut affects him.

65 KG (143.30): Jordan Oliver (3 seed) and 2X NCAA Champion has a TOUGH bracket to make it out of. I do not believe he has made the world team, but did win Senior nationals in 2019.

97 KG: (213.85): AJ Ferrari is the 6 seed coming off his first NCAA title. he's young and has to battle through a bracket only to face J'Den Cox then Kyle Snyder both rested to make the team. Don't count him out, but he's young and these guys are absolute hammers on the world stage. In a recent interview he said he walks around at 220-25 so this is not a huge cut for him, so he should be strong.

NOTE: Alex Dierenger, a high-level past multi-year world team member had ACL surgery late last year, and isn't in the field.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
For you nerds who don't follow wrestling that close, the Olympic Trials are this weekend (Fri/Sat). OSU has three current/former wrestlers competing for a shot at the freestyle team (p.s. I feel like I saw 4, but I couldn't figure out who 4th was):

56 KG (123.46 Pounds): Daton Fix is the 2 seed. Almost a 10 pound cut for him from the NCAA's two weeks ago. Going to be interesting to see how much the cut affects him.

65 KG (143.30): Jordan Oliver (3 seed) and 2X NCAA Champion has a TOUGH bracket to make it out of. I do not believe he has made the world team, but did win Senior nationals in 2019.

97 KG: (213.85): AJ Ferrari is the 6 seed coming off his first NCAA title. he's young and has to battle through a bracket only to face J'Den Cox then Kyle Snyder both rested to make the team. Don't count him out, but he's young and these guys are absolute hammers on the world stage. In a recent interview he said he walks around at 220-25 so this is not a huge cut for him, so he should be strong.

NOTE: Alex Dierenger, a high-level past multi-year world team member had ACL surgery late last year, and isn't in the field.
Marsteller is the one some are considering the 4th with ties to us.

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Marsteller is the one some are considering the 4th with ties to us.
I thought maybe, but didn't he only wrestle for us for a year, and not even make the "varsity" team? I don't remember him actually wrestling for points. Maybe I'm wrong. He had a hell of a last chance tourney and has a shot to make the team. Also, didn't he get into some bad trouble at Lock Haven?

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I thought maybe, but didn't he only wrestle for us for a year, and not even make the "varsity" team? I don't remember him actually wrestling for points. Maybe I'm wrong. He had a hell of a last chance tourney and has a shot to make the team. Also, didn't he get into some bad trouble at Lock Haven?
He was behind Dierenger and did not want to move weights apparently so yeah he did not do much for us. He did have some drug and alcohol problems but served his sentence and appears to have overcome those issues.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Trying to figure out who the real nerd(s) is/are? The guy with all the info, or the guys and gals that are interested in the info? :)

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa

J'Den Cox is an absolute freak. His combination of speed and power are otherwordly.