Oklahoma State University hosts "Drag Queen Story Hour" for 2-year-olds

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

Humans are small and insignificant, we spin on a tiny blue and green ball speeding around a sun in a complex and unknowable universe, yet we think we can write off the possibilities that we assume, in our vast knowledge, are wrong....this applies to both science and faith. But in this thread it's fairly evident that we think we are smart enough that we can write off one or the other.

Point being, I have faith based on my lifelong experiences, the experiences of others I've observed, the grace that I've seen in numerous lives, the healing I've seen and experienced, and the fact that I think the Christian faith is the binding vine of civilization and the opportunity to access forgiveness, redemption, and grace for all...Granted the bastardization of it by evil people is less than helpful..

I've also seen science do great things, and I have "faith" in it, including vaccines and med's to cure our various illnesses on our journey to death. It's given us cars, airplanes, computers, the wheel, fire and a AC, the weapons of war and peace. Granted, the bastardization of it by evil people is less than helpful...

It's more than ok, and, in fact reasonable, to trust in both. However, I do find more comfort in my faith than in science...this comes from the book quoted above, it's promises, and overwhelming experiences that I cannot explain away with science...I'm counting on that evidence way more than I'm counting on science and it's evidence.

Just some random thoughts to hopefully add to the thread.
hmmmmm