Oklahoma State Baseball VS Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO
since then haven't beaten anyone with much of a pulse but have still won
I guess we're one of those "no pulse" teams......
This is the first weekend since conference play started they have a chance to live up to their ranking. So far they've played KSU, KU, 0u, and WVU. Two decent teams, two junk teams. What they do against us, TCU, and Tech will tell you if they deserve the #3 ranking or not. Our chances of knocking them off that pedestal are not off to a great start, see what rest of today and tomorrow brings.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Osmond 9 ks in 4 innings. Walks a passed ball and hanging 1-2 pitch. Have to find a walk to play a clean game vs a good team. Walked their 244 hitting lead off man twice and both times he’s scored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
You can see that Bryce has the talent. He’s made some of their hitters look silly, but he’s also given up too much free baseball and hung a few breaking balls.
A lot of that, at least today is because he’s asked to throw back to back or back to back to back breaking balls. The HR came on the 3rd consecutive breaking ball and the hit last inning on the second. That is not his strength. When he’s been allowed to locate his FB, he’s been blowing hitters away.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
since then haven't beaten anyone with much of a pulse but have still won
I guess we're one of those "no pulse" teams......
This is the first weekend since conference play started they have a chance to live up to their ranking. So far they've played KSU, KU, 0u, and WVU. Two decent teams, two junk teams. What they do against us, TCU, and Tech will tell you if they deserve the #3 ranking or not. Our chances of knocking them off that pedestal are not off to a great start, see what rest of today and tomorrow brings.
The next 2 games are probably the 2 biggest games of the season for us. We have to find a way to win them.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Just too easy for madden. A lot of pitches but none I would consider high leverage.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
A lot of that, at least today is because he’s asked to throw back to back or back to back to back breaking balls. The HR came on the 3rd consecutive breaking ball and the hit last inning on the second. That is not his strength. When he’s been allowed to locate his FB, he’s been blowing hitters away.
100% correct

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Need a bloop and a blast to get back in this thing. Then drive maddens pitch count up to get to their pen within striking distance. All while continuing to put up zeros

Sep 29, 2015
Omaha
This team has had a really unusually high number of injuries. Have to wonder if it’s bad luck, bad training, or a combination of both. Definitely not what the doctor ordered if both Scott and Wrobleski are out for the weekend (or possibly longer?)....

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Biggest difference in Osmond and madden are the walks. Madden has been effectively wild but has yet to walk anyone

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
This team has had a really unusually high number of injuries. Have to wonder if it’s bad luck, bad training, or a combination of both. Definitely not what the doctor ordered if both Scott and Wrobleski are out for the weekend (or possibly longer?)....
Pitching injuries have been a staple under Walton....

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
Biggest difference in Osmond and madden are the walks. Madden has been effectively wild but has yet to walk anyone

It's the difference between pitching to your strengths and pitching to the way your pitching coach pitched and is forcing you to pitch to what his strengths were.