Oklahoma moving to Cashless Toll System, Some former cash rates increasing by 75% starting July 25th

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
My biggest problem with pike pass is the paying in advance. I put $40 into my account up front, then when it drops below a certain amount ($10 I think, can't remember), they start sending emails to replenish my account. Must be nice to be able to charge your customers in advance like that. I'm paying for something that I might not even use for a year or more, but it's just too inconvenient not to do it.
we put ours on Auto Refill. We set an amount...when it gets down to that amount $40 is automatically added back to it from our card on file.

The problem I have is that $40 is the MIN they let you put on the Pike Pass. I should be able to put what ever amount I want to, but they don't give that option.

My wife and I went through a toll gate on the way home this weekend and got the "Low Balance" light and we just looked at each other and said .....$40 spent, don't forget to record it

Aug 16, 2012
Better hope the retail industry doesn't catch wind of this. They might start selling people cards that they can put money on that can only be used at that store until they decide they want to buy something...

;) I personally have mine set to auto-refill. When it hits $10 it reloads it to $40. I use the turnpike nearly every day though so the convenience is worth it. And by "use it" I mean from the NW corner of the metro to either I-40 or I-235 (each way is the same distance for me), to and from work.
How my TollTag works also. I would never remember and it would be a hassle as frequently as I use the toll roads. Including DFW and Love Field parking, we average over $3000/ year and have had a $5k year. Stuff like this is why a good business accountant is important

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
My biggest problem with pike pass is the paying in advance. I put $40 into my account up front, then when it drops below a certain amount ($10 I think, can't remember), they start sending emails to replenish my account. Must be nice to be able to charge your customers in advance like that. I'm paying for something that I might not even use for a year or more, but it's just too inconvenient not to do it.
I justify it because I travel when my kids are doing sports in the fall and spring and I travel with them a lot. On top of that I go to Kansas and Colorado enough that it all offsets. Besides this gives them the money to do necessary repairs all they're doing is giving you a credit back into your account to justify them using your money.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
You aren't really paying in advance, just setting money aside. When I moved to Florida and closed my PikePass account, they refunded the $30+ I had in the account.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I doubt if you’re going to get rich on the interest that $40 might earn. The saving over the cash toll will more than cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I doubt if you’re going to get rich on the interest that $40 might earn. The saving over the cash toll will more than cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No doubt, but on the flip side, if you have a few hundred thousand people giving you $40 in advance, that could add ups to some serious interest.