Oklahoma AG Mike Hunter announces surprise retirement. Personal issue is about to go public

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
An affair with meth.

Joking aside... I wonder if it's something else. The go-to approach for affairs or sexual misconduct is deny deny deny. Just saying "yeah, this is a thing that's going to be going down" and not jumping to get the denial out there has me thinking maybe it's drugs or financial improprieties.

RPG

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2017
Edmond, OK
An affair with meth.

Joking aside... I wonder if it's something else. The go-to approach for affairs or sexual misconduct is deny deny deny. Just saying "yeah, this is a thing that's going to be going down" and not jumping to get the denial out there has me thinking maybe it's drugs or financial improprieties.
https://www.oklahoman.com/story/new...er-resigns-following-affair-claim/7448564002/

Attorney General Mike Hunter announced his resignation on Wednesday, less than a week after filing for divorce from his wife, Cheryl.

The Oklahoman submitted questions to Hunter on Tuesday night about an extramarital affair that the newspaper confirmed through people familiar with the situation. The sources said the affair was with a state employee, who did not work in the attorney general's office.

* * *​

Cheryl Hunter told The Oklahoman on Tuesday: "I am heartbroken and my priorities are to take care of my sons, my daughter-in-law, my grandson and my parents."

Sep 12, 2008
Although the statement did not describe the personal matter, Hunter filed for divorce from his wife, Cheryl, on Friday. The couple had been married for nearly 40 years and have two adult children.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
What am I missing? Why does anyone besides those involved give two healthy poos about this guy having an affair? It wasn't a subordinate. She was of age and old enough that it's not even really creepy (looking at you Gaetz). Doesn't seem like there's an implication of favoritism. Why is this a thing worth resigning over?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
What am I missing? Why does anyone besides those involved give two healthy poos about this guy having an affair? It wasn't a subordinate. She was of age and old enough that it's not even really creepy (looking at you Gaetz). Doesn't seem like there's an implication of favoritism. Why is this a thing worth resigning over?
Oddly enough for a gossip site...The Lost Ogle tends to get a LOT of stuff right on these things in Oklahoma....apparently there are serious questions over the meteoritic rise in the ranks of the woman he was having an affair with...and the fact that he indicted one of Stitts appointees...who just happened to be in direct competition with his mistresses Burger King Franchis with his own Burger King Franchise locations

Mike Hunter was allegedly having an affair with state bureaucrat Kim Bailey!
Kim – who filed for divorce back on April 16th – has a short but distinguished career as a state employee.
After spending nearly two decades as a lawyer and Burger King franchisee, she joined the Attorney’s General office in 2015 and quickly shot up the ranks of state government.
In 2016, she was named Executive Director and General Counsel of the Oklahoma Workers Compensation Commission. After a few years on that job, she was appointed general counsel and COO of the Oklahoma State Health Department. She held that position until this past January when, after being passed on the bureaucrat ladder by Stitt-loyalist Lance Frye, she left the Health Department to serve as General Counsel for the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
According to the Ogle Mole Network, Mike and Kim became very close and developed a deep friendship when they worked at the AG’s office together. They would apparently “text each other all the time,” and, well, we know how that usually works out.
“So what, Patrick! People have affairs with co-workers all the time! What’s the big deal!”
Not to take anything away from Bailey and her professional accomplishments climbing the government ladder, but there’s the question of whether or not Hunter had an influence on Bailey’s rapid rise through the Oklahoma bureaucratic ranks. AGs are supposed to be trustworthy and impartial and have ethics, and that’s a hard thing to do when you’re helping your married mistress get good, well-paying government jobs.
There could also be something more nefarious at work…
Rumors are now circulating through the Ogle Mole Network (and Oklahoma Political Gossip Scene) that Hunter’s indictment of Stitt cabinet member David Ostrowe – another former Burger King franchisee – could have been politically motivated.
I guess Hunter and Stitt don’t like each other, and there’s also a long, weird history between Ostrowe and Bailey due to the Burger King connection. As a result, Ostrowe basically blocked Bailey from being promoted late last year. In retaliation for that, Hunter allegedly led the effort to indict Ostrowe for bribery.
Well, at least that’s what the Moles are telling me. You know how reliable they are.
Anyway, I guess we’ll continue to follow this juicy story and see where it all goes. If you have any tips or news or know of any other higher-ups in the Health Department who are also having an affair that everyone knows about, shoot us an email.
Stay with The Lost Ogle. We’ll keep you advised.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Oddly enough for a gossip site...The Lost Ogle tends to get a LOT of stuff right on these things in Oklahoma....apparently there are serious questions over the meteoritic rise in the ranks of the woman he was having an affair with...and the fact that he indicted one of Stitts appointees...who just happened to be in direct competition with his mistresses Burger King Franchis with his own Burger King Franchise locations

Mike Hunter was allegedly having an affair with state bureaucrat Kim Bailey!
Kim – who filed for divorce back on April 16th – has a short but distinguished career as a state employee.
After spending nearly two decades as a lawyer and Burger King franchisee, she joined the Attorney’s General office in 2015 and quickly shot up the ranks of state government.
In 2016, she was named Executive Director and General Counsel of the Oklahoma Workers Compensation Commission. After a few years on that job, she was appointed general counsel and COO of the Oklahoma State Health Department. She held that position until this past January when, after being passed on the bureaucrat ladder by Stitt-loyalist Lance Frye, she left the Health Department to serve as General Counsel for the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
According to the Ogle Mole Network, Mike and Kim became very close and developed a deep friendship when they worked at the AG’s office together. They would apparently “text each other all the time,” and, well, we know how that usually works out.
“So what, Patrick! People have affairs with co-workers all the time! What’s the big deal!”
Not to take anything away from Bailey and her professional accomplishments climbing the government ladder, but there’s the question of whether or not Hunter had an influence on Bailey’s rapid rise through the Oklahoma bureaucratic ranks. AGs are supposed to be trustworthy and impartial and have ethics, and that’s a hard thing to do when you’re helping your married mistress get good, well-paying government jobs.
There could also be something more nefarious at work…
Rumors are now circulating through the Ogle Mole Network (and Oklahoma Political Gossip Scene) that Hunter’s indictment of Stitt cabinet member David Ostrowe – another former Burger King franchisee – could have been politically motivated.
I guess Hunter and Stitt don’t like each other, and there’s also a long, weird history between Ostrowe and Bailey due to the Burger King connection. As a result, Ostrowe basically blocked Bailey from being promoted late last year. In retaliation for that, Hunter allegedly led the effort to indict Ostrowe for bribery.
Well, at least that’s what the Moles are telling me. You know how reliable they are.
Anyway, I guess we’ll continue to follow this juicy story and see where it all goes. If you have any tips or news or know of any other higher-ups in the Health Department who are also having an affair that everyone knows about, shoot us an email.
Stay with The Lost Ogle. We’ll keep you advised.
The lesson is: "the wages of sin is death"

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
The lesson is: "the wages of sin is death"
I've got a better lesson. Don't throw stones in glass houses. Also, WTF is up with the health department and this?? This is the second time with two different employees less than 3 years apart.

https://www.oklahoman.com/article/5...upervisor-who-emailed-fake-threats-to-herself

Investigator at Oklahoma Health Department disciplined for affair with supervisor who emailed fake threats to herself

The state Health Department has reprimanded an investigator for "an inappropriate relationship" with his supervisor and forced him to take a sharp pay cut, The Oklahoman has learned.
Matt Terry, 38, of Guthrie, went from making $72,750 a year to $65,000.
The disciplinary action is the latest twist in the controversy surrounding the development of regulations on medical marijuana.
The affair between Terry and his supervisor, general counsel Julie Ezell, was discovered after Ezell reported getting threatening emails about the regulations. Both are married.
Ezell, 37, of Edmond, resigned July 13 after admitting she created a fake email account and sent the threats herself.
She posed in the emails as a medical marijuana advocate who threatened retribution if the Health Department imposed restrictive rules on its use. "We would hate to hurt a pretty lady. You will hear us," one email said.
Ezell was charged July 17 in Oklahoma County District Court over the emails. She faces two felonies and a misdemeanor.
Terry was reprimanded on July 16 for violations of Health Department procedures.

"It was discovered that you have been engaging in an inappropriate relationship with a supervisor in violation of OSDH procedure," the Health Department's chief operating officer, Kim Bailey, wrote.