Oklahoma’s abortion law means that college softball needs a new home

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
It would be the NCAA leaving Omaha for political reasons. I could see that happening in any conservative state like Nebraska.
Omaha itself isn't really that conservative but the state as a whole certainly is. Not sure if that would make any difference in your scenario, probably not.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
In this world we have now, I don’t want these people, that don’t want their offspring, to have them either.

We are already under a plague of unloved children.

We shouldn’t be hindering them
While I understand the practical argument you make, I also see the justice that needs to be in place for a child at some point in the pregnancy , unwanted or not. Many people who were nearly aborted have become huge advocates for life like Tim Tebow...yet, yes, some like Cher have not. The right of deleting a child after a certain point in birth cycle is the issue here. Not if you or I think they would be unloved...just because a guy on the streets of America is unloved doesn't mean we have the right to go and kill him....seriously this is what this is to many...nearly exactly. That's why it's been such a big deal for so long. I'm just rooting for cool heads to prevail as we do what we all want in our attempts to reduce and limit abortions to only those who really really really need them. We are talking about ending a life, it cannot be a simple decision only made by a mother who thinks it might be inconvenient to have the baby. Even the non religious believe that human beings have rights and that it's wrong to delete them.

Dec 9, 2013
Murder and rape = look the other way

Lesbian on campus = HELLNO

*Pretty sure Baylor has NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO line they won't cross. It's pretty damned evident.
If I’m not mistaken, Fake Baptist U knew about Griner’s orientation and looked the other way as long as there was no PDA or acknowledgement.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Well, I was drunk the day my Lesbian basketball player mom got out of the Texas Baptist university
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got detained by the Russians for illegal vaping paraphernalia
Darling… that song will never work.

OranGE-KK

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2011
Well, I was drunk the day my Lesbian basketball player mom got out of the Texas Baptist university
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got detained by the Russians for illegal vaping paraphernalia
Need a steeple and/or tarp reference in there too!

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Now the New York Times wants in on the action.
Next stop, ESPN....Choo Choo!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/10/sports/oklahoma-abortion-softball.html

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
From the article:
"Kelli Braitsch starred on Oklahoma’s first national championship team in 2000. And last Saturday she sat in the first row behind the first-base dugout with her wife, cheering on the Sooners.

The government, she said, has no more business governing her body than it does restricting gay marriage or transgender rights. “For women, it’s everything we fight for,” she said."

Imagine writing those two paragraphs about Braitsch and her wife being concerned over unplanned pregnancies, apparently without any sense of irony.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Don't know about the history of WCWS in OKC except that coincidentally, the tournament was originally held in Omaha, NE...but the CWS (baseball) has a deep history in Omaha and should/would never be moved...Mayor Rosenblatt was instrumental in building a new stadium for minor league baseball, but soon became home to the CWS in 1950 (because nobody else wanted to host something that very few gave a $&!t about)...they actually lost money the first 10 years or so of hosting...now, of course, it's a term (Omaha) painted in locker rooms and shouted by teams year in and year out...
speaking of OKC and taking the WCWS away cuz of abortion laws...here's an idea, just have heavy doses of protests outside of stadium next summer...you're welcome...

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
From the article:
"Kelli Braitsch starred on Oklahoma’s first national championship team in 2000. And last Saturday she sat in the first row behind the first-base dugout with her wife, cheering on the Sooners.

The government, she said, has no more business governing her body than it does restricting gay marriage or transgender rights. “For women, it’s everything we fight for,” she said."

Imagine writing those two paragraphs about Braitsch and her wife being concerned over unplanned pregnancies, apparently without any sense of irony.
I mean she couldn't be at all concerned with the fact that the reasoning apparently advanced for overturning RvW could transferred wholesale right into a decision overturning Obergfell, could she?

I don't see much irony in thinking....they do it to them, and we're next.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I mean she couldn't be at all concerned with the fact that the reasoning apparently advanced for overturning RvW could transferred wholesale right into a decision overturning Obergfell, could she?

I don't see much irony in thinking....they do it to them, and we're next.
How would such a case come about?

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
How would such a case come about?
Take your silly Socratic method attempts somewhere else.

Similar to the way the RvW cases have come about. You really think it’s beyond the pale for certain southern states fresh off of killing RvW to pass test laws to challenge gay marriage? Birth control for unmarried persons? I don’t.

For you to suggest a gay married couple have no real interest or game in protecting reproductive rights is pretty simple minded..

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Take you silly Socratic method attempts somewhere else.

Similar to the way the RvW cases have come about. You really think it’s beyond the pale for certain southern states fresh off of killing RvW to pass test laws to challenge gay marriage? Birth control for unmarried persons? I don’t.

For you to suggest a gay married couple have no real interest or game in protecting reproductive rights is pretty simple minded..
Life itself is not being protected in a decision that changes gay marriage. This is a major flaw in your argument. Painting all people who are gay as pro choice is also incorrect. It’s like saying all blacks are democrats or all women are pro choice. In fact most of the women I know are not pro choice, except for in certain exception cases. Pigeonhole politics are really dishonest as are slippery slope arguments.

Last edited: