Oklahoma’s abortion law means that college softball needs a new home

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
A song by the artist known as "Wokie" formerly "Rack"

I think it's time to cancel Ok-la-homa...
They made a law to save a Babies life...
nothin to gain from making it attractive...
to more and more fat preachers wives...

We have to boycott Ok-la-homa...
Cause I is woke and don't agree...
I guess I'll move my as* to California...
where one can kill with impunity...
;-)

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Both make sense geographically though. Hard to get much more centrally located than Omaha. OKC is a little far south I guess, but still pretty equidistant from both coasts.
Except neither are hubs for commercial flights. Denver, Chicago, Dallas and even KC make more sense as relatively central locations for travel. Omaha and OKC only make sense for road trips (I80 and I40) and private flights.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Except neither are hubs for commercial flights. Denver, Chicago, Dallas and even KC make more sense as relatively central locations for travel. Omaha and OKC only make sense for road trips (I80 and I40) and private flights.
Do any of those places have a neutral site softball stadium equivalent to HoF stadium?

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I think it's time to cancel Ok-la-homa...
They made a law to save a Babies life...
nothin to gain from making it attractive...
to more and more fat preachers wives...

We have to boycott Ok-la-homa...
Cause I is woke and don't agree...
I guess I'll move my as* to California...
where one can kill with impunity...
;-)
I'm surprised at you.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
With the Chiefs in the metro area and the numerous competitive little league baseball tournaments KC metro hosts, it would be quite something if they could also get the men's and women's WS.

Mar 11, 2006
Yes, though not for the same reason.

I'm not sure how you don't think it's weird about Brittney Griner at Baylor, a Baptist college in Texas, as a very masculine lesbian woman.
Ok -- wasn't thinking of it that way. I thought you were saying it was weird that a top basketball talent would pick Baylor.
As much as it pains to admit, Baylor girls basketball was one of the best well before Griner's arrival. Add the fact Griner is from Texas, it makes sense that she would select Baylor.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Ok -- wasn't thinking of it that way. I thought you were saying it was weird that a top basketball talent would pick Baylor.
As much as it pains to admit, Baylor girls basketball was one of the best well before Griner's arrival. Add the fact Griner is from Texas, it makes sense that she would select Baylor.
Вот 'такие медведи (Sic 'em Bears)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm surprised at you.
Surprised? in what way? I'm just making fun of a situation...I don't think the Oklahoma law is perfect in its current form but I do think the cancel culture is out of control...rarely helps the cause it's attempting to change, and nearly always hurts innocent people in the communities it effects. I love both Oklahoma and California equally...even with their diverse laws.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
So one persons opinion is that it should move, based on one softball playing young woman who aborted her kid for selfish reasons. Granted give it a time period and make exceptions for rape and incest....but not based on what someone thinks is best for their own personal future without thoughts toward the life they helped create...even if by accident. That doesn't take into account what's best for the baby in the womb at all. IMHO, these are precisely the types of abortions (selfish reasons) we should want to limit, OR at least require to be very very early if at all allowed.
In this world we have now, I don’t want these people, that don’t want their offspring, to have them either.

We are already under a plague of unloved children.

We shouldn’t be hindering them