Oklahoma’s abortion law means that college softball needs a new home

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Let's be honest though, having probably the biggest softball event in the country hosted exclusively in Oklahoma is a bit weird. Like Brittney Griner at Baylor kind of weird. It's surprising it's lasted this long.

Jul 9, 2004
Sould it be moved based on the abortion law? That's the question. It's not really about the size of the event.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
Let's be honest though, having probably the biggest softball event in the country hosted exclusively in Oklahoma is a bit weird. Like Brittney Griner at Baylor kind of weird. It's surprising it's lasted this long.
Is college baseball in Nebraska weird?

I admit, however, I don’t understand your Griner at Baylor reference of weird.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Sould it be moved based on the abortion law? That's the question. It's not really about the size of the event.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
It shouldn't and won't but the thought crossed my mind. Professional leagues have moved big sporting events because of political issues but they have the clout to do so. With the popularity of softball right now I'd bet there are dozens of cities in states where abortion laws won't change any time soon who would love to become the new home to the Women's World Series but that would require the NCAA to do something about it and they don't have the power to make a decision like that right now.

The NCAA is feckless right now and one opinion article aside there hasn't been much of a call for this so it won't happen.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Is college baseball in Nebraska weird?

I admit, however, I don’t understand your Griner at Baylor reference of weird.
Yes, though not for the same reason.

I'm not sure how you don't think it's weird about Brittney Griner at Baylor, a Baptist college in Texas, as a very masculine lesbian woman.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
No stranger than the college baseball championship being in Omaha

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
In that case, Oklahomans need to get on the ball and think about making petitions to vote on repealing the abortion ban laws. Instead, Oklahomans are currently more interested in circulating 3 petitions related to cannabis. However, it may be too early to make petition drives until Roe v. Wade is overturned.

Investment group warns that Oklahoma abortion laws could hurt business recruitment and economic development. However, Oklahoma lawmakers shrug off such concerns, saying that if there’s an economic price to pay for protecting unborn life, Oklahomans are willing to pay it. However, I don't think there is anything to gain by making Oklahoma more attractive to far-right Christian groups like the Phelps cult in Topeka.
Investment group warns that state abortion laws could hurt business growth | Oklahoma | enidnews.com

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
In that case, Oklahomans need to get on the ball and think about making petitions to vote on repealing the abortion ban laws. Instead, Oklahomans are currently more interested in circulating 3 petitions related to cannabis. However, it may be too early to make petition drives until Roe v. Wade is overturned.

Investment group warns that Oklahoma abortion laws could hurt business recruitment and economic development. However, Oklahoma lawmakers shrug off such concerns, saying that if there’s an economic price to pay for protecting unborn life, Oklahomans are willing to pay it. However, I don't think there is anything to gain by making Oklahoma more attractive to far-right Christian groups like the Phelps cult in Topeka.
Investment group warns that state abortion laws could hurt business growth | Oklahoma | enidnews.com
Are these petitions related to recreational use?

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
You got the beginnings of a country music song with those words.
Well, I was drunk the day my Lesbian basketball player mom got out of the Texas Baptist university
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got detained by the Russians for illegal vaping paraphernalia

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yes, though not for the same reason.

I'm not sure how you don't think it's weird about Brittney Griner at Baylor, a Baptist college in Texas, as a very masculine lesbian woman.
Is she still in prison in Russia? Man, they need to get her out!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So one persons opinion is that it should move, based on one softball playing young woman who aborted her kid for selfish reasons. Granted give it a time period and make exceptions for rape and incest....but not based on what someone thinks is best for their own personal future without thoughts toward the life they helped create...even if by accident. That doesn't take into account what's best for the baby in the womb at all. IMHO, these are precisely the types of abortions (selfish reasons) we should want to limit, OR at least require to be very very early if at all allowed.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Well, I was drunk the day my Lesbian basketball player mom got out of the Texas Baptist university
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got detained by the Russians for illegal vaping paraphernalia
Gawd I'd give my left leg to buy and drink a beer with you! You just made my Friday!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
So one persons opinion is that it should move, based on one softball playing young woman who aborted her kid for selfish reasons. Granted give it a time period and make exceptions for rape and incest....but not based on what someone thinks is best for their own personal future without thoughts toward the life they helped create...even if by accident. That doesn't take into account what's best for the baby in the womb at all. IMHO, these are precisely the types of abortions (selfish reasons) we should want to limit, OR at least require to be very very early if at all allowed.
It might be one person's opinion today, but that opinion is going to increase. Whether or not it will increase enough for the NCAA to do anything we'll have to wait and see. There simply isn't another neutral site softball facility like the HoF to have the event at, at least not that I'm aware of.