OK state senator Dahm is Dumb and an embarrassment.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
State senator makes sex joke about VP Harris; party leader calls comment 'misogynistic'

“I am disappointed in Nathan Dahm’s comments about the vice president of the United States. His comments were misogynistic, disrespectful, immature, and undermine the good work of the staff and other members of the Oklahoma Senate. As the leader of the Senate, I hold senators to a high standard of conduct and decorum, and Senator Dahm completely failed to live up to that standard.” Senate President Pro Tempore Greg Treat

"I’ve been assured my jokes are hilarious"...nathan dahm

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Wow. What a douchebag.

Also, not to get off course but IMO paper straws are fine. I didn't think I would be a fan and have never purchased them for personal experience but the times I've had one at a restaurant they hold up fine.

If this guy is going to make a joke of his position and use it to "troll the libs" his district needs to vote him out. Assuming it's a safe red district I'm sure there are plenty of Republican leaders in the area who can not be an embarrassment to their constituents.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
State senator makes sex joke about VP Harris; party leader calls comment 'misogynistic'

“I am disappointed in Nathan Dahm’s comments about the vice president of the United States. His comments were misogynistic, disrespectful, immature, and undermine the good work of the staff and other members of the Oklahoma Senate. As the leader of the Senate, I hold senators to a high standard of conduct and decorum, and Senator Dahm completely failed to live up to that standard.” Senate President Pro Tempore Greg Treat

People did the same thing to Trump. Get over it. She isnt a protected class from the **** slinging going on. She is a prime target due to her past much in the same way Trump was.

Mar 11, 2006
Dumb comments by Dahm. He seems to enjoy making controversial comments and stirring the pot.

But he did help co-author HB 1674 — which is good legislation that Stitt just signed ...so his Broken Arrow constituents will vote him in again. Although he is term limited in 2024.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
People did the same thing to Trump. Get over it. She isnt a protected class from the **** slinging going on. She is a prime target due to her past much in the same way Trump was.
You mean Vice President Harris had to agree to indulge in sexual intercourse, in order to get where she got to in California?
No idea but the rumors have been there for her since she won her senate seat. It's not any different than the stormy Daniel's nonsense people ran with trump. It's fair game.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
No idea but the rumors have been there for her since she won her senate seat. It's not any different than the stormy Daniel's nonsense people ran with trump. It's fair game.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
So Stormy Daniel could have been very well lying back when she indicated to Jimmy Kimmel that Trump's penis size was only like a very short mushroom? Trump might have rejected her, and so she got back at him as a scorned woman.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
well, now that you put it that way, I totally see where dumb, err, dahm has every right to say those things about her...you will be happy to know I am over it now...your wise ignorance is astounding...

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

I made a joke in another thread in the sport forum about arriving at the stadium in a dispensary pedicab with flashing marijuana leafs on it. Not one comment about it. I’m assuming my jokes are not hilarious or there really is that much pot traffic going on.

I didn’t click on it because hey, politics, and this guy has a recipe for making money. That all said, I like his response.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I made a joke in another thread in the sport forum about arriving at the stadium in a dispensary pedicab with flashing marijuana leafs on it. Not one comment about it. I’m assuming my jokes are not hilarious or there really is that much pot traffic going on.

I didn’t click on it because hey, politics, and this guy has a recipe for making money. That all said, I like his response.
There were 3 other comments
https://mobile.twitter.com/NathanDahm/status/1385689667178156033?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1385689667178156033%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fokcfox.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Foklahoma-lawmaker-makes-sex-joke-about-vp-harris

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Wow. What a douchebag.

Also, not to get off course but IMO paper straws are fine. I didn't think I would be a fan and have never purchased them for personal experience but the times I've had one at a restaurant they hold up fine.

If this guy is going to make a joke of his position and use it to "troll the libs" his district needs to vote him out. Assuming it's a safe red district I'm sure there are plenty of Republican leaders in the area who can not be an embarrassment to their constituents.
Oh we are getting off course, obviously you have not had a Miami vice or an Aria mojito in the pool on July 31st. Straw quits working 10 minutes in.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Oh we are getting off course, obviously you have not had a Miami vice or an Aria mojito in the pool on July 31st. Straw quits working 10 minutes in.
No. My experiences with them tend to be with water at breakfast so if alcohol shreds them I'll concede that.

But yeah, my first encounter I kinda had a Ron Swanson moment in my brain figured I'd be scooping cardboard out shortly. But it was alright. Every other one an hour in and it's fine.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
My experiences with them tend to be with water at breakfast so if alcohol shreds them I'll concede that.
It does not. In fairly recent times I have hit up so many resorts along the Florida gulf coast and had just about every variation of silly “boat drink” that you can think of. Almost all came with a paper straw. Never a single issue.

I still don’t care for the slightly paper taste when you first start using them. That is really the only problem I have with them.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
It does not. In fairly recent times I have hit up so many resorts along the Florida gulf coast and had just about every variation of silly “boat drink” that you can think of. Almost all came with a paper straw. Never a single issue.

I still don’t care for the slightly paper taste when you first start using them. That is really the only problem I have with them.
I think I see the difference. You are an alcoholic. Going through them too fast you see.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Some of you guys have never had a share a paper straw with your 5yo kid and it shows... The OKC zoo uses paper straws and that's half the reason we buy the big reusable one instead. Walk around with that Dr Pepper for 5-10 minutes and that straw starts to get soggy, especially if you've got a kid slobbering all over it.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
I think I see the difference. You are an alcoholic. Going through them too fast you see.
Actually quite the opposite. If I’m going to pay $20 for a drink that includes about $2 worth of alcohol, I’m going to take my time and enjoy it.

I’m thinking you might have above average hoovering skills. Like golf balls through a water hose good. Or whatever it was dipshit Dahm said about VP Harris. Great skill to have in the right situation, but I guess not while using paper straws.