Ok ok ok. They finally got me.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Yup, I’m talking about Forge of Empires. Anyone play? Finally got me a world where I AM IN CONTROL and I’ll admit it. It’s fun.
Is that one of those "Before we start, I'd just like to thank our sponsor for this video, [insert random cell phone game/Raycon earbuds/VPN service/Skill share]" games?...

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Is that one of those "Before we start, I'd just like to thank our sponsor for this video, [insert random cell phone game/Raycon earbuds/VPN service/Skill share]" games?...
It’s the commercial you see the caveman bartering his wife’s necklace for a fur jacket. They’re living in a hut. By the end of the commercial they’re living in a futuristic high rise bartering holographs. It’s a sims game. Carve out some land and start building. Growing. Renovating. Building armies. Homes. Business. Industry. Etc.

I’m not really a fan of doing it in the cyber realm but with the lockdowns and new world we are living in, it’s been a fun distraction. It helps to use some money but you don’t have to. You can play free. As long as you listen to your advisors, you’ll learn it quickly. If you make friends along the way (point of the game) then you can get all you need in trades. You can spend a minute a day or the whole day playing. Up to you. I invested a $100. That was far more than enough to get me pass the start. I didn’t want to waste my time just doing a “task” once a day. So I did like 50 tasks in two days. So most of the features are unlocked for me. I do like having some control over a world.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
It’s the commercial you see the caveman bartering his wife’s necklace for a fur jacket. They’re living in a hut. By the end of the commercial they’re living in a futuristic high rise bartering holographs. It’s a sims game. Carve out some land and start building. Growing. Renovating. Building armies. Homes. Business. Industry. Etc.

I’m not really a fan of doing it in the cyber realm but with the lockdowns and new world we are living in, it’s been a fun distraction. It helps to use some money but you don’t have to. You can play free. As long as you listen to your advisors, you’ll learn it quickly. If you make friends along the way (point of the game) then you can get all you need in trades. You can spend a minute a day or the whole day playing. Up to you. I invested a $100. That was far more than enough to get me pass the start. I didn’t want to waste my time just doing a “task” once a day. So I did like 50 tasks in two days. So most of the features are unlocked for me. I do like having some control over a world.
I just use Egg, inc. to kill time. It's easy to play while paying little to zero attention. lol

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I wouldnt touch mobile gaming with a 10 ft pole. It's predatory tactics to the millionth degree. Makes ea look like chumps. If you want something a thousand times better than a mobile game try out stellaris. The greatest rts ever made.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If you fall for slot machine tactics then it’s definitely predatory. But I’m a sucker for pinching a penny, so I like the games where time equals money.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I played a game similar to this years ago. Thought I was doing pretty good until I got floor stomped by my neighbor and I realized that you can't compete in those games unless you are willing to pay. Nothing wrong with that for people who choose to spend their money, just not for me.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I played a game similar to this years ago. Thought I was doing pretty good until I got floor stomped by my neighbor and I realized that you can't compete in those games unless you are willing to pay. Nothing wrong with that for people who choose to spend their money, just not for me.
That’s what I liked about it. As I said, time is money. It’s slow but free. I did cheat and spent about $40 of the $100 I put down so far. Really don’t think I’ll need any more. I can not afford to spend an hour on gaming every day. I can not afford 30 minutes a day. But I can afford my bathroom time every morning. After $40 and almost a month, I’m already in the early Middle Ages building a gold smelter. If you want to “fight” others, you’ll have to get out of the Bronze Age. Also, you don’t have to fight. You don’t have to do anything. If you want to grow, fine. Fight, fine. Grow. Fine. Meet others. Fine. Multiple ways too. There’s a tavern. There’s a ship. There a store. There are active guilds working together. Or you can go solo. After almost 7 years, they’ve worked out quite a few different ways of playing.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
So some little girls somewhere in the world are raiding my kingdom and it took me this long the free way to finally stop them. Damn kids.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I wouldnt touch mobile gaming with a 10 ft pole. It's predatory tactics to the millionth degree. Makes ea look like chumps. If you want something a thousand times better than a mobile game try out stellaris. The greatest rts ever made.

Is that stellaris galaxy command? Were you on a flight to Houston last week? Dude next to me never stopped playing.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

Is that stellaris galaxy command? Were you on a flight to Houston last week? Dude next to me never stopped playing.
No it's not a mobile game. It's a steam game. I don't play mobile games due to their predatory pay to win mechanics.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
No it's not a mobile game. It's a steam game. I don't play mobile games due to their predatory pay to win mechanics.

If you’re from that era, RISK is on mobile for free. And since it’s AI, a hard game might last 10 minutes instead of 2 days. No money paid ever in the past 10 years. I’m not even sure they ever asked for any.

FOE definitely is predatory. But you’re educated. No one can make you pay anything unless you want to. I’ve found that game is predatory in that if you DON’T read the instructions and try to play by just feeling it out, you’ll get bored quickly and leave or pay. It’s one of those multiple different games going at the same time games. You need all sorts of stuff to do anything. Gold, diamonds, forge points and the list goes on. The diamonds cost $. They don’t tell you, but you don’t need the diamonds. Everything else needed, you can generate.

I’m still in lockdown. This silly game was a life saver. Particularly when everything was freezing to death, the game was good distraction.