OK Legislature: 35% Raise

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
This could be all lies. Some punk makes themselves out to be anything they’re not. Let’s see you have some sort of highly lucrative business in the military support business, all of your children are wildly stable and successful in their endeavors, your grandkids are all geniuses,blah, blah,blah. You’re like Facebook pages all wonderful all the time. I call BS PR-CK. You have far too much hatred in your heart to convince me that you could be half as successful as you claim. You’re just an angry old man who believe he can glean the intimate details of a mans life he’s never met through this ridiculous forum. Good grief you’re pathetic. I’ll strive to pray for you as you seem to enjoy despite fully using me every single time I come in here. But it will be a real sacrifice to be honest. What’s your problem?
Wow. You need therapy. I don't do fb. Sorry you hate to hear some families don't have anything beyond normal, everyday issues to deal with. Maybe they were raised with a different value system than yours. You're a simple minded fool who suffers from serious class envy. That's the only detail gleaned from you. Your prayers are best spent on your own behalf. I've seldom seen anyone more in need.

This off the rails post of yours makes every point I've ever attempted about how public schools are full of idiosyncratic radicals not fit to teach a dog to fetch. In other words, you. :facepalm:

P.S. I'm enjoying the rent free space in your tiny little mind.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I'd just like to point out that if our legislature can't even get THIS together by now, I don't really see them deserving of that big of a raise... What in the world have they actually done to justify even their current pay?...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
I'd just like to point out that if our legislature can't even get THIS together by now, I don't really see them deserving of that big of a raise... What in the world have they actually done to justify even their current pay?...

You're so ungrateful. It's hard work keeping us near the bottom in nearly every category. Not just anyone can be that consistent.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
We'd be a helluva lot closer if we actually consolidated administrations across the state.

I said it when the teachers were striking & it's still true today: if we're not going to talk about the elephant in the room here, we're not having a real discussion about education funding. Just look up how many districts Oklahoma has with less than 350 kids K-12 & each have their own administration. It's asinine.
Just go east of Stillwater & explain why Morrison, Glencoe & Ripley all need their own administration, meanwhile Stillwater's admin is overseeing 1500 students.
That would save 1%. A better look at the balance forwards would be more effective.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Wow. You need therapy. I don't do fb. Sorry you hate to hear some families don't have anything beyond normal, everyday issues to deal with. Maybe they were raised with a different value system than yours. You're a simple minded fool who suffers from serious class envy. That's the only detail gleaned from you. Your prayers are best spent on your own behalf. I've seldom seen anyone more in need.

This off the rails post of yours makes every point I've ever attempted about how public schools are full of idiosyncratic radicals not fit to teach a dog to fetch. In other words, you. :facepalm:
P.S. I'm enjoying the rent free space in your tiny little mind.
Fellow I don’t know what I’ve done to you to deserve your wrath, your personal attacks, living rent free in your head. I pop in here when bored to stir the pot a bit in this echo chamber. Have fun regularly. Then you search me out and immediately attack. That’s why I’ve named you pr_ck. I don’t know you anymore than you know me. You seem to get your rocks off denigrating me to make you feel better. Knowing this I should never have fought back, because that only emboldens you, and feeds your cravings. You are not going to run me off with your insulting behavior. But if you’ll tell me what offense I’ve committed against you I’ll gladly apologize. But if this is about my politics vs. yours, then you are not only a pr-ck, but a petty one as well. So, what’s the offense, and how’s it going to be?

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Fellow I don’t know what I’ve done to you to deserve your wrath, your personal attacks, living rent free in your head. I pop in here when bored to stir the pot a bit in this echo chamber. Have fun regularly. Then you search me out and immediately attack. That’s why I’ve named you pr_ck. I don’t know you anymore than you know me. You seem to get your rocks off denigrating me to make you feel better. Knowing this I should never have fought back, because that only emboldens you, and feeds your cravings. You are not going to run me off with your insulting behavior. But if you’ll tell me what offense I’ve committed against you I’ll gladly apologize. But if this is about my politics vs. yours, then you are not only a pr-ck, but a petty one as well. So, what’s the offense, and how’s it going to be?
Never spent one moment being offended by you. You're not afforded that much significance. You're just an asterisk in my semi-daily routine. Another nameless, faceless, ideologue to pass time with. Difference is, you take things personally and I've lived long enough to know better. I'm the one who should apologize for taking advantage of someone so apparently helplessly sensitive. Your ascribing the word "hate" to me is entertaining and a foolish fantasy of yours. I was delivered of nearly all hate 48 years ago. Lost the ability. You however need to look at your own hole card, read your own words and see who the "hater" really is.

But you won't.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

Maybe legislators are deserving enough for the raise by not gutting SQ788.

REAL ID driver's licenses and ID cards will be available to all Oklahomans statewide by August 31, 2020.

Legislators might as well feel generous enough now to let citizens vote on raising Oklahoma's minimum wage, so the citizens won't have to bother with doing a petition for it.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
We'd be a helluva lot closer if we actually consolidated administrations across the state.

I said it when the teachers were striking & it's still true today: if we're not going to talk about the elephant in the room here, we're not having a real discussion about education funding. Just look up how many districts Oklahoma has with less than 350 kids K-12 & each have their own administration. It's asinine.
Just go east of Stillwater & explain why Morrison, Glencoe & Ripley all need their own administration, meanwhile Stillwater's admin is overseeing 1500 students.
What do you mean 1500 students? The Stillwater school system has nearly 6100 students, which makes your point much bigger.

I don't see why small groups of school districts of around the same size should be against consolodating their administrations.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
REAL ID driver's licenses and ID cards will be available to all Oklahomans statewide by August 31, 2020.
IT'S BEEN 12 YEARS SINCE IT WAS PASSED AND 6 YEARS SINCE THEY STARTED ENFORCING IT. This should have been taken care of over a half decade ago! New Jersey is currently under review leaving Oklahoma and Oregon as the ONLY two states that haven't gotten their sh*t together and complied with this decade old act...

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
That would save 1%. A better look at the balance forwards would be more effective.
Regardless of what it saves, it's worth looking into it. If we can eliminate 15 to 20 superintendent positions and most of their staffs, how much would that free up to go directly to teachers or supplies? A million? two? I don't know but I am sure it's not nothing. Our problems may be more than a few million dollars can fix but why not take advantage of that existing money since it's already there.

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Legislators shouldn't be paid anything. This idea of a professional politician should be quashed all together. State and Federal. If you want to know about Oklahoma politics go to the last day of session. They pull a Pelosi all the time. Pass bills without reading, nor understanding them. They also pass stuff knowing its unconstitutional and leaving it to the Supreme Court to douse it. Costing millions. I wish this particular bill would pass, but it won't.
https://www.fox23.com/news/proposed...on-deemed-unconstitutional-in-court/906654112

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
IT'S BEEN 12 YEARS SINCE IT WAS PASSED AND 6 YEARS SINCE THEY STARTED ENFORCING IT. This should have been taken care of over a half decade ago! New Jersey is currently under review leaving Oklahoma and Oregon as the ONLY two states that haven't gotten their sh*t together and complied with this decade old act...
And Oregon residents aren't even smart enough to pump their own gas.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Believe me I get the disrespect all the time in here. I have been retired for over seven years and more that a few in here think I should continue to try to walk on water. I played that game for 34 years, now I don’t even try. Cell phones are a huge problem too. There are a couple of completely innocent things that happened if filmed out of context would have been on the news and I would have probably been fired. Teachers are the most under appreciated professionals in our country.
I’ll go with nurses first then teachers. Although nurses only deal with one asshole at a time.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
This could be all lies. Some punk makes themselves out to be anything they’re not. Let’s see you have some sort of highly lucrative business in the military support business, all of your children are wildly stable and successful in their endeavors, your grandkids are all geniuses,blah, blah,blah. You’re like Facebook pages all wonderful all the time. I call BS PR-CK. You have far too much hatred in your heart to convince me that you could be half as successful as you claim. You’re just an angry old man who believe he can glean the intimate details of a mans life he’s never met through this ridiculous forum. Good grief you’re pathetic. I’ll strive to pray for you as you seem to enjoy despite fully using me every single time I come in here. But it will be a real sacrifice to be honest. What’s your problem?
They let you actually go into a classroom with kind of meltdown? I taught for 30 years, farm and ha
Regardless of what it saves, it's worth looking into it. If we can eliminate 15 to 20 superintendent positions and most of their staffs, how much would that free up to go directly to teachers or supplies? A million? two? I don't know but I am sure it's not nothing. Our problems may be more than a few million dollars can fix but why not take advantage of that existing money since it's already there.
If you really wanted to save start consolidating suburban districts

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Lewisville ISD in Texas has over 53K students and encompasses 127 square miles. Arlington ISD has 63K students. Surely we could make some strides in consolidating somewhere.