OK Legislature: 35% Raise

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
That's a fairly recent thing, the Dems didn't exactly do a bang up job during the decades they ruled Oklahoma either.
Was gonna say... we are only 1.5 terms removed from a Democrat state Governor.

But the Democrats in Oklahoma have no power here. :derp:

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Is he wrong???

I'd say anyone looking at it with even a speck of objectivity (you'll need to focus & try hard here, but you can do it!) would acknowledge that both wonderful parties have had a hand in where Oklahoma is as a state.
No doubt, but you focus here, you can do it if you try hard enough. The legislature dominated by Republicans gave themselves a raise, and raised the retirement age for teachers and stand around dumbfounded as to why teachers are leaving Oklahoma.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Do you know what it means when someone quotes you, puts a part in bold, & responds to the part they bolded?????????? Geezus man, too much wood glue over the years.
Well considering I’ve never bolded anything, maybe you just think you’re more cleaver than you actually are.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Past tense/the tool to use when whataboutism just doesn’t fit! Lol
Hey I very plainly said we should vote them all out....Republicans included. YOU'RE the one who argued the Dems should get some kind of pass. I responded to your point and told you why I disagreed with it.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Hey I very plainly said we should vote them all out....Republicans included. YOU'RE the one who argued the Dems should get some kind of pass. I responded to your point and told you why I disagreed with it.
Well I disagree with you too. Such is life. Replace Republicans with Democrats and I’ll be happy. They are only equally culpable if you’re not paying attention. Lol

Mar 9, 2004
Edmond, OK
While the current crop of legislators without a doubt don't deserve this raise, raising the salary will attract better candidates who have to sacrifice income from their main job to take on the duties of state legislator. Basically it's the old adage: you get what you pay for.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
The average teacher salary in 1999 was $30,294. The average salary in 2019 after the teacher pay raises is expected to be $52,400. So teacher salaries are up 73% over the past 20 years.
Adjusted for inflation 30k equals about 45k in current purchasing power so the net to net is well below 73%. Not much to raise a family on plus having to spend one's own $ on kids school supplies, attend school functions after hours, grade papers, pay loans, and the list goes on for miles.

You can look at @Pokey and see how little that much money buys in a teacher. :lol:

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Adjusted for inflation 30k equals about 45k in current purchasing power so the net to net is well below 73%. Not much to raise a family on plus having to spend one's own $ on kids school supplies, attend school functions after hours, grade papers, pay loans, and the list goes on for miles.

You can look at @Pokey and see how little that much money buys in a teacher. :lol:
As I recall you couldn’t cut it in the classroom. How long must I endure the self- contempt of your failures? Feeling like Rodney Dangerfield here PR-CK.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Taught biological science for 20yrs. Last 5 as an adjunct at TU. All by choice. Didn't whine about $, not a crybaby bitch. Knew what the $ were before I started. Taught for simple reasons. Made my living elsewhere.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
While the current crop of legislators without a doubt don't deserve this raise, raising the salary will attract better candidates who have to sacrifice income from their main job to take on the duties of state legislator. Basically it's the old adage: you get what you pay for.
There is some logic to that. But this raise puts Oklahoma at #20 in the country for legislature salaries. If it brings us top 20 law makers, fine, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Taught biological science for 20yrs. Last 5 as an adjunct at TU. All by choice. Didn't whine about $, not a crybaby bitch. Knew what the $ were before I started. Taught for simple reasons. Made my living elsewhere.
This could be all lies. Some punk makes themselves out to be anything they’re not. Let’s see you have some sort of highly lucrative business in the military support business, all of your children are wildly stable and successful in their endeavors, your grandkids are all geniuses,blah, blah,blah. You’re like Facebook pages all wonderful all the time. I call BS PR-CK. You have far too much hatred in your heart to convince me that you could be half as successful as you claim. You’re just an angry old man who believe he can glean the intimate details of a mans life he’s never met through this ridiculous forum. Good grief you’re pathetic. I’ll strive to pray for you as you seem to enjoy despite fully using me every single time I come in here. But it will be a real sacrifice to be honest. What’s your problem?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This could be all lies. Some punk makes themselves out to be anything they’re not. Let’s see you have some sort of highly lucrative business in the military support business, all of your children are wildly stable and successful in their endeavors, your grandkids are all geniuses,blah, blah,blah. You’re like Facebook pages all wonderful all the time. I call BS PR-CK. You have far too much hatred in your heart to convince me that you could be half as successful as you claim. You’re just an angry old man who believe he can glean the intimate details of a mans life he’s never met through this ridiculous forum. Good grief you’re pathetic. I’ll strive to pray for you as you seem to enjoy despite fully using me every single time I come in here. But it will be a real sacrifice to be honest. What’s your problem?
Aaaaaannnnnddddd, we've achieved full meltdown.

The ALDS is postponed tonight, due to rain, so for god's sakes, get some sleep Pokey, or eat a Snickers first, then take a nap.