Ohio State Raiding Gundy’s Staff

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 2, 2008
SC
Yeah, not a fan of Days since I’m convinced he lied to Yurcich about his role with the tOSU offense. Regardless, there’s still a right way and wrong way to go about your business as a HC. And IMO you can achieve your desired goal by doing things the right way. ie not raiding other staffs before the end of the season, courtesy calls, respecting your former employer, etc…

I just believe the first step in gaining respect is showing respect. And the first step in losing respect is showing lack of respect. Especially when you’re in a highly scrutinized and very public people business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heard this line in an episode of a show I was recently watching. The game has changed. Good guys, bad guys, they are the same, it's the ones who recognize this that move on, those who stick to their old ways will be left.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I never said "always" I said we have done it and gave examples...I remember the summer of 2010 when everyone was so freaking upset that we lost Holgy...and replaced him with a guy who had never coached that offense. I think 2022 is the closest thing we have to a 2010/11 situation. Answer me this, smart guy, how did losing that OC turn out?
Good lord, how many examples do you need where it doesn't work out that way? You actually tried to make a point that the players know the system and the coaches really aren't that important. You said that.

Oct 30, 2007
Mike also has said we need more money to pay coaches and this is showing that. These guys are making lateral moves as far as titles go but will probably be doubling their salaries based on what tOSU normally pays those positions.
I understand his point, but he can't realistically expect Oklahoma State to compete with Ohio State in football budget, and neither can our fans at this point. They're like a Top 5 spending program. We're usually in the 30's.
Well Gundy could directly do something about that if he wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Mike also has said we need more money to pay coaches and this is showing that. These guys are making lateral moves as far as titles go but will probably be doubling their salaries based on what tOSU normally pays those positions.
No offense but moving from OSU to Ohio State is an upward career move regardless of the same title.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Just dawned on me that Ohio St is the new Southern Miss.

Remember when they poached coaches from us over and over?
Throw Penn St in their as well, they have a few of our guys.

Really a great compliment to Gundy's hires. We went to filling slots at mid-majors to filling slots at Blue Bloods.