Official Game Thread: Tulsa vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
The Turnpike Classic is here again. Hope you all have enough quarters, or you renewed your PikePass.

While hardly coming off an easy win, or an impressive one, to open the season is less than ideal, Tulsa would probably trade places with OSU right now. For all the criticism that can be levelled at the coaches and players for the lackadaisical shift put in against Missouri State, the Cowboys are 1-0. Tulsa is not, but Tulsa will not have forgotten their last trip down 412, and how close they came. But this time, they have to reckon with the presence of an actual live crowd. It's time to prove that the season opener was an aberration, and show Tulsa that they should have just turned around at the Hallet-Jennings exit and saved themselves the fare.

Tulsa hasn't won in Stillwater since Harry S Truman was the President. Let's keep it that way.

Go Pokes! Beat the Golden Hurricane!

University of Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 11 AM CDT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK

2021Records
TU 0-1 (0-0), OSU 1-0 (0-0)
OSU leads the series, 43-27-5
TV: FS1
Suddenlink: 37
DirecTV: 219

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 113, XM 199, SXM App 953
: http://okla.st/osutunein

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

Tulsa Roster

Tulsa Game Notes

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
100 Degrees is the high tomorrow, yikes. Will be really hot out there by the second half. Excited for my first game in BPS in 3 years! Confirmed Eskimo Joe's opens @9. Does anyone think there will be a line early or can I show up at 9?

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
100 Degrees is the high tomorrow, yikes. Will be really hot out there by the second half. Excited for my first game in BPS in 3 years! Confirmed Eskimo Joe's opens @9. Does anyone think there will be a line early or can I show up at 9?
My seats are in the shade by 8pm, so I have that going for me. :unsure:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Show up as soon as you can…yep there will be others in line. I’m hoping forecast is wrong…seems a bit “cooler” here in Tulsa town today and they have dropped the forecasted high a few degrees for tomorrow already

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Although it is not supposed to be very humid, similar to today, so it won't be as uncomfortable as some of the days a few weeks ago.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
This should be a good measuring stick game. If we refuse to run more than three plays and only use 20% of the field on O, we will likely lose. If we turn the assistants loose to run actual plays with shocking things like misdirection, we could blow them out. We could even be completely insane and throw a slant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Thanks! Man, that is a TON of players! Did hear on the radio we have already started the musical chairs offensive line.

Mar 21, 2005
Dallas
I'm a degenerate gambler and have been watching the line all week. It has actually went down to -13. Won't place the bet until about an hour before kickoff in hopes it'll move down some more.[/QUOTE
I'm a degenerate gambler and have been watching the line all week. It has actually went down to -13. Won't place the bet until about an hour before kickoff in hopes it'll move down some more.
-11.5 currently.

Jan 14, 2006
Guess we'll see how much Sanders has improved at spreading the ball around.

4 Freshmen in Bray, Pressley, Owens and Green are our likely starters at receiver.