Official Game Thread: Texas vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 14, 2010
Sanders turnovers are much worse than all those qb's....both of those quarterbacks were better decision makers. Sanders is what he is...turnover machine
He was 27/39 for 400 yards
He had 4 TOUCHDOWNS and just 1 interception.
He also led is to OT on the last drive of regulation

As far as the turnovers
The 1st turnover was Chubas fault on a mesh point issue
The 2nd turnover was a timing route to a receiver that didnt turn around. Thats not his fault.
The 3rd turnover was a blind side hit because, instead of getting into field goal range, we threw it deep on 2nd down, and so Sanders needed to keep the play alive to get into field goal range.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Yeah, we need a new offensive scheme. Any scheme designed to turn the ball over 4 times, give up a kick off return for a TD and a roughing the kicker penalty needs to be thrown in the trash.

Sometimes intelligent people just sound like morons. It happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes we do
Rudolph-lots of turnovers
Cornelius-lots of turnovers
Sanders-lots of turnovers

This isnt a coincidence

This is Gundy's conservativity actually casting a net over his players that is causing this.
What a complete, steaming, massive pile of Pooh!

I have it on good authority (that’s not a wannabe former coach) Gundy, despite frequent turnover at OC, always has one of the best offenses in the country.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I’m actually pretty upbeat, sure it was a bad loss but I thought we would lose straight up due to the lack of offense but the offense was good today sans the turnovers. We dominated the game. IF we play clean I don’t see us losing another game.
You’re definitely right about that, but Sanders has struggled so much with turnovers. The issue to me is these aren’t necessarily bad luck turnovers, they are poor decisions.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I was all for Sanders over Cornelius and was wrong admittedly. I can't believe Gundy is so set in not playing a Freshman that he didn't put Illingworth in for a series to do some coaching with Sanders. Sanders turns the ball over so much its crazy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

As far as the turnovers
The 2nd turnover was a timing route to a receiver that didnt turn around. Thats not his fault.
The 3rd turnover was a blind side hit because, instead of getting into field goal range, we threw it deep on 2nd down, and so Sanders needed to keep the play alive to get into field goal range.
He also threw one right into the defenses hands and they didn't catch it. He didn't make good decisions, he tried to force the ball and threw behind receivers. He's a GREAT runner and athlete...but he's not yet up to par to be a QB to lead us to a title. UNLESS he can shore that up. Our best position is our wide receivers, we need to get the ball to them and not the other team.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Sanders turnovers are much worse than all those qb's....both of those quarterbacks were better decision makers. Sanders is what he is...turnover machine

As far as the turnovers
No, no, no, no.

Those turnovers were because our offensive scheme results in turnovers. It’s not the players fault.

C’mon man.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma

As far as the turnovers
1st turnover could be both
2nd was Sanders...staring his receiver down from the snap....he looked straight to Anderson, and the CB read his eyes
3rd...Blind side hit...still have to hold onto the ball....Sam Ellinger was talking the same shots, but somehow didn't lose the ball....imagine that!!

If it walks like a duck...it quacks like a duck...Sanders is a turnover machine. I blame Gundy for a lot of things....but sanders turnovers isn't one of them. At some point, you need to stop enabling sanders....kid needs to own who he is right now...hopefully he corrects it down the road, but truth is he's turnover prone, doesn't make great decisions with the football.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well, what will everyone say when the porous o line lets Illingsworth get sacked 12 times per game? I agree that Sanders has much room for improvement, but with the line that is out there now, he gives OSU the best chance to win.
We don't actually know that yet. I think Shane was playing great ball and led us to three wins...who knows if he gives up tons of sacks or not.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta

As far as the turnovers
Gotta protect the ball better when traffic is around stop carrying around all nimble.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Illingworth didn't get sacked 12 times vs WVU and the have probably the best d line in the league. You don't have to hold on to the ball waiting for someone to get open. You throw it away and play another down or punt.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk