Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
The ou people in my office are still talking about the supposed pass interference on that last drive. I have been pointing out to them the blatantly obvious hold by the ou receiver on Williams long run two plays before that. I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread plenty already but thought I'd throw it out there just in case. If the refs call the hold, the alleged PI doesn't happen.
Also, if you really watch the play the OU receiver grabs the arm of the defender and flops to get a flag. Doesn't even try to catch the ball. Great catch by the official not to throw the flag.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Also, if you really watch the play the OU receiver grabs the arm of the defender and flops to get a flag. Doesn't even try to catch the ball. Great catch by the official not to throw the flag.
True but you're never going to find an ou fan who will agree to that so the next best thing is to confront them with a call that is obvious.

Dec 3, 2012
At the beginning of the 4th, Tay Martin had a 43 yard touchdown ruled incomplete that could easily have been ruled complete. That call went against him. You know he did? He picked up the first down on the very next play and then Spencer finished it off with a TD. The team made the call obsolete by finishing the drive.

OU fans, your team had two more shots to win the game. Good teams don't sit around complaining about the refs - they go win it themselves.

pokefan05

Country Boys Country Toys
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
At the beginning of the 4th, Tay Martin had a 43 yard touchdown ruled incomplete that could easily have been ruled complete. That call went against him. You know he did? He picked up the first down on the very next play and then Spencer finished it off with a TD. The team made the call obsolete by finishing the drive.

OU fans, your team had two more shots to win the game. Good teams don't sit around complaining about the refs - they go win it themselves.
Seriously, we muffed a punt, fumbled for a safety, threw 2 interceptions, overcame a td pass ruled incomplete, and we STILL WON. They can suck it forever and get over it, they have no idea how much it sucks to lose this game 8 out of every 10 years.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There’s video of it somewhere in here. He even face masks our guy first. Then pulls him in faking interference.
I was fooled by that as well as the two plays look very similar...I do think we caught a slight break with the PI no call...just as they did with the offsides defense no calls that resulted in basically the 9 point swing and gave them the lead in the third. Crazy crazy game...bad no calls both ways and what I felt was a clear touchdown by Tay Martin not given (we scored later so it didn't matter)...but that's football these days sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't (see ISU spot vs ISU reversed TD). If you are the better team you survive and advance...Saturday the better team, despite our attempts to give the game away, did.

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I was fooled by that as well as the two plays look very similar...I do think we caught a slight break with the PI no call...just as they did with the offsides defense no calls that resulted in basically the 9 point swing and gave them the lead going into the fourth. Crazy crazy game...bad no calls both ways and what I felt was a clear touchdown by Tay Martin not given (we scored later so it didn't matter)...but that's football these days sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't (see ISU spot vs ISU reversed TD). If you are the better team you survive and advance...Saturday the better team, despite our attempts to give the game away, did.
What’s really cool now is that when you’re just a run of the mill football team, you HAVE to account for the refs giving the benefit of doubt to the blue-blood. I used to get so mad at Les and Mike ( gambling days) because they didn’t account for refs in their game plans. You gotta score 10 just for them alone and the screw jobs that come with them. It’s cool now, because other teams that counted on ref benefits aren’t getting them anymore when they play us. I’d go even further in saying we are finally at the adult table and getting mostly fair treatment from the refs.

Dec 9, 2013
Seriously, we muffed a punt, fumbled for a safety, threw 2 interceptions, overcame a td pass ruled incomplete, and we STILL WON. They can suck it forever and get over it, they have no idea how much it sucks to lose this game 8 out of every 10 years.
UO was up 9 and had 3 possessions. Our D won the game on those 3 possessions.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
True but you're never going to find an ou fan who will agree to that so the next best thing is to confront them with a call that is obvious.
Just to make sure there is no confusion as to what play I'm talking about, it starts about the 4:35 mark in these highlights, look at the ou receiver and OSU db locked up at the 50, can't tell who it is but if that isn't holding then I don't know the rules. It's more apparent in the replay from behind the play that they show on the full game video. If they call that, the play in the endzone that may or may not have been PI anyway doesn't even happen. IMO

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Just to make sure there is no confusion as to what play I'm talking about, it starts about the 4:35 mark in these highlights, look at the ou receiver and OSU db locked up at the 50, can't tell who it is but if that isn't holding then I don't know the rules. It's more apparent in the replay from behind the play that they show on the full game video. If they call that, the play in the endzone that may or may not have been PI anyway doesn't even happen. IMO

Watching Williams running loose in the 4th qtr still made me nervous even though it’s already known.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Does our Athletic dept not make desktop wallpapers anymore?? I was really hoping to get that "The best in Okahoma." graphic as a desktop for my work computer... :D

Mar 15, 2005
The only thing better than beating ou is beating ou and them having something to whine about - and they can always find something to whine about. My theory is that if the referee gods ever decide to even up the calls for and against ou from the first year of football - it'll be centuries before ou ever gets a call to go their way again.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Where was that OU all year? Just proves my theory that OU’s desire to not get beat by OSU is greater than OSU’s desire to win Bedlam. IOW, OU says Texas is their biggest rival, but the team they cannot stand to get beat by is OSU.
They always root for texas against us

pokefan05

Country Boys Country Toys
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
They always root for texas against us
100%. Ou belittles us by pretending we aren't rivals, when in reality there is no greater shame for them than losing to us. Like the previous poster said, that's why we've looked flat footed half the time and they come out with their hair on fire. Fear of failure is an incredibly powerful motivator, probably even more than the promise of success.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX

I agree. I saw this and commented on it earlier. Huge hold with both hands. The OSU receiver waves both arms after he gets loose, but no flag.