Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If anyone hasn't seen this, this is pretty cool. It's like the highlights of the game, but from Dave and John's perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu2vk33xrtc

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I love how you didn't even need to play the negative Nancy this week. Everyone else did for you. You just had to stay the course and keep noting time left in the game
Almost started it. Felt like I didn't need to. This team finds a way.
Lost the 3rd quarter 9-0. So what? No reason we can't win the 4th quarter 28-0.

LET'S GO POKES!!!
This was the point I was starting to feel better about things. We didn't get the 28-0 4th quarter I hoped for, but we did 13-0. Which turned out to be enough.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
One thing I noticed on rewatch. We won last night without our #1 and #2 Cowboy backs.

We manned the position with a converted olineman, a converted receiver and a 3rd or 4th string sophomore. May have affected our ability to run a little bit but really impressive job by those guys stepping up.
Honestly our offense looks much better with Blaine Green at Cowboy back. They need to be at least a bit of a threat to have a pass thrown their way or they are just extra linemen clogging up our spacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
Honestly our offense looks much better with Blaine Green at Cowboy back. They need to be at least a bit of a threat to have a pass thrown their way or they are just extra linemen clogging up our spacing.

I absolutely agree in the passing game but having Cassidy or Carter when we need road graters is certainly a plus. Both of them are superior blockers in the run game.

If you even seen me post, I'm a huge proponent of 10 personnel. I think Sanders operates best when we spread it out. That said these coaches know way more than me and if they choose to put 2 cowboy backs on the field, there must be a reason. And when then choose to do that, it's nice to have our best options available. We didn't have that option this week and still got the job done. Impressive.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
According to RA, Gundy gave a lengthy speech at practice last night. Said the job is not finished and that they won't be talking about the OU game or OU in general. Focus is on Baylor and Baylor only.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Interesting stat line from the game. Maybe already posted but I’m not going through 90 pages.

Caleb Williams Rushing:
He had 19 caries for 36 yards with the longest being 56 yards.

So with the exception of the run that made all of our buttholes pucker… he was -20 over 18 “carries.”

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
I just watch OU's final offensive play again, a few times. That was a 3 on 6 pass rush. Knowles only rushed Martin, Jernigan and Oliver.

Oliver was double teamed by the left guard and left tackle.
Jernigan was picked up by the center.
The right tackle tried to hold off Martin's bull rush.
The right guard and running back did nothing but watch Rodriguez who was playing back to "spy" Williams.

So, the 3 on 6 failed miserably and the 1 man to be double teamed got the sack after Martin collapsed the pocket. Oliver is sure going to be fun to watch for a few years!

View attachment 93469
Another illegal hands to the face in that picture too. But calls were only made for us from what I’m being told.

Dec 9, 2013
Earlier in the thread it was discussed a replay w Dave and John. There isn’t a full game but all the highlights and some low ones on YouTube at 2021 Bedlam in the Booth. It’s well worth the time.Big thanks to Tyler.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
If anyone hasn't seen this, this is pretty cool. It's like the highlights of the game, but from Dave and John's perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu2vk33xrtc
Thanks for posting. Love the reactions from Dave. Mocks hitting a home run on Presley’s return TD, slaps his legs pretty hard when they called roughing the punter (I did the exact same thing only to the floor). He graduated from Mizzou but completely bleeds orange now!

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The ou people in my office are still talking about the supposed pass interference on that last drive. I have been pointing out to them the blatantly obvious hold by the ou receiver on Williams long run two plays before that. I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread plenty already but thought I'd throw it out there just in case. If the refs call the hold, the alleged PI doesn't happen.