Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2010
I appreciate whoever BigDave is and his full game wo commercials. Wish someone could overlay Dave and John. I know that’s a big ask.
That would be fantastic. It would be quite a bit of work though, since he cuts out all the commercials. But maybe if he brought the raw video and audio in, they would edit at the same time?

Was just about to go look for big Dave's video and lamented having to listen to to the ESPN 'influencers' commentary.

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
Oklahoma State Athletics has it. After watching again the fact ABC/ESPN only showed 1 angle and only showed the replay 1x even during an immediate uo timeout tells you everything. They show Gundy and even say he just saw the replay as he goes off. Gundy rarely reacts like he did unless he knows it’s wrong.

On a side note the commentating was absolutely designed to influence the committee. Their rules expert always sided w the uo side. They continued to talk about our lack of day 1 draft picks. Even after the game Fowler commented that the losing side can talk about bad officiating. This was all intentional to say “Yeah OSU won but they don’t deserve to be in the CFP. They got the calls. They don’t have the players.”
My wife is a great fan, but not a raging fan like myself. She is a bit naive to all we have put up with over the years. With about 5 minutes left in the game she said turn the volume off. Silence is better than listening to these biased fools.

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Oklahoma State Athletics has it. After watching again the fact ABC/ESPN only showed 1 angle and only showed the replay 1x even during an immediate uo timeout tells you everything. They show Gundy and even say he just saw the replay as he goes off. Gundy rarely reacts like he did unless he knows it’s wrong.

On a side note the commentating was absolutely designed to influence the committee. Their rules expert always sided w the uo side. They continued to talk about our lack of day 1 draft picks. Even after the game Fowler commented that the losing side can talk about bad officiating. This was all intentional to say “Yeah OSU won but they don’t deserve to be in the CFP. They got the calls. They don’t have the players.”
I've watched it several times and there was contact to the plant foot. Richardson wasn't blocked and didn't get a piece of the ball. This is just a still frame but the video showed the slight contact. Of course, the punter "sold it" as would I expect Hutton to do the same.

1638117093067.png

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I've watched it several times and there was contact to the plant foot. Richardson wasn't blocked and didn't get a piece of the ball. This is just a still frame but the video showed the slight contact. Of course, the punter "sold it" as would I expect Hutton to do the same.

View attachment 93445
The decision to go for the block is Gundy's version of Stoop's kick it again. Even if he didn't make the call he allows it to go on. The difference is he keeps doing it.

Dec 9, 2013

View attachment 93445
I will hold out that I could be wrong and concede that at the end of the day we won so I should move on but this is the tv replay. In game replay at the stadium was from the other end and I will add this to Dez caught it, TX fumbled at the goal line, Justin Gilbert had the Int, Limbrick was not at fault and the FG in Ames was good.

Watch the replay where they show Gundy. He is seeing exactly what the stadium saw and he goes nuts. You can hear the whole stadium. Gundy doesn’t react like this unless he knows the call was wrong.

Aug 19, 2006
Give Brock Martin credit on that final play too. He bull-rushed his guy into Williams which forced him out the pocket. Collin got him down but Brock deserves a big assist!

I've been an OSU fan for almost 50 years now and that play will go down as one of my all-time favorites. Exorcised a lot of demons!!

Last edited:

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I wish I could have heard the conversation between the officials just before they picked up what would have been a personal foul on Harper for the shove.

The camera angle on the non-PI call in the endzone at the end was not enough to bitch about it like the broadcast crew was going on.

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
I wish I could have heard the conversation between the officials just before they picked up what would have been a personal foul on Harper for the shove.

The camera angle on the non-PI call in the endzone at the end was not enough to bitch about it like the broadcast crew was going on.
The voice of reason took over and said it is the second half and the pokes will just stop them again. Which one of you wants to tell Rodriguez or Harper? That is what I thought. Play on!

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005

I would assume one of them said they didn’t hear a whistle either because of the noise level