Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
We must be tuned to different channels. If anything, SS holds the ball too long and passes up many opportunities to just tuck and run.

Oh, and if you want to talk soft , consider what sits on your shoulders and leave SS out of the conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you misread what Hackleman was saying. He said that when SS does decide to tuck and run he tends to try to run to the side rather than taking off up the middle, which is true. It was more about that than timing. I think the inclination to go outside when escaping the pocket goes back to his RPO roots. He could do that in HS and outrun most defensive players, but not so much in D1 college - too much defensive speed. I'd like to see him run for about 5 - 8 yards up the middle and slide vs trying to take it outside every time.
Was responding to Birry.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I think you misread what Hackleman was saying. He said that when SS does decide to tuck and run he tends to try to run to the side rather than taking off up the middle, which is true. It was more about that than timing. I think the inclination to go outside when escaping the pocket goes back to his RPO roots. He could do that in HS and outrun most defensive players, but not so much in D1 college - too much defensive speed. I'd like to see him run for about 5 - 8 yards up the middle and slide vs trying to take it outside every time.
He’s not responding to Hackleman. He’s responding to @Birry ’s comment, which was flat out wrong.

Here it is, but if you’re like me, you’ll have to show ignored content.
SS panics and bails on plays way too quickly. Best I can tell from even his designed runs is that he's pretty soft, and doesn't like taking hits. The least amount of pressure or a tackle attempt, and he bails or falls down.
Birry wrong? Are you kidding me?

I jest. Being wrong is a full-time job for him.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I coulda sworn there was a double dip year where the schedule rotation changed and they came to Stillwater twice in a row or vice versa. If there was, it was over 10 years ago.
It was the 2nd round of big 12 shuffling, during the addition of WVU and TCU

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
My comment was seeing it in real time after watching the reply you could tell there was a difference in the two tackles, if they wouldn’t have called the one on Texas no one would have said anything about the hit by Malcolm. The Texas one was marginal, could have gone either way, FU Texas deserved it, Malcolms was legal I thought.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You can't run when they don't respect the pass! What a STUPID play call!
You have to realize, this is so weird. I half listened to the game while on a troop campout, then watched the Big Dave replay Tuesday(yesterday), and am now reading the game thread Wednesday.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
First down!!!!!

We're going to have scoreboard on Texas forever, if they go to the SEC next year.

This is such a great, great, great win, for so many reasons. I may rewatch this game immediately.

6-0!!!
Anyone know how to put a DVR'd game onto a disc??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Just download the YouTube from Big Dave.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
UT guy grabbed SS, took a few steps, lifted into the air, took another few steps, then spun, then body slammed.

Malcom did a direct drive through shoulder/chest/to-the-ground all in one motion. Big difference.
Best part was Malcom's nod to the Ref after the play like "that's how you pile drive a clean hit and don't get a flag". Ref agreed.

Sarkisian's other complaint about DB PI ? I don't know. I only recall one PI called against uT and none vs us. A few times Martin was manhandled pretty good w/o a call. A few times our DBs had some jersey or wrapped an arm w/o a call. Didn't really see a discrepancy there if there were, you'd think one side would have lots of PIs and the other team not.

Nov 6, 2010
UT guy grabbed SS, took a few steps, lifted into the air, took another few steps, then spun, then body slammed.

Malcom did a direct drive through shoulder/chest/to-the-ground all in one motion. Big difference.
Best part was Malcom's nod to the Ref after the play like "that's how you pile drive a clean hit and don't get a flag". Ref agreed.

Sarkisian's other complaint about DB PI ? I don't know. I only recall one PI called against uT and none vs us. A few times Martin was manhandled pretty good w/o a call. A few times our DBs had some jersey or wrapped an arm w/o a call. Didn't really see a discrepancy there if there were, you'd think one side would have lots of PIs and the other team not.
They called PI on JBC once and they called one on Texas against T. Martin. Both looked like the correct call to me. I guess you could say they have a little bit of a gripe on the Rodriguez hit because he put his full weight into the QB and drove him into the ground, but the timing as you say was completely different. And Cassidy got a lame personal foul for playing after the whistle where he didn't even hit anyone, just pushing with his hands. Sure, it was late, but it was not even a hit, and that one killed any chance of us getting a first down on that drive because it was post whistle and the down counted, so put us in something like 2nd and 25.