Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 12, 2020
OKC
If you think our offense is pedestrian then you've been playing too much playstation. That offensive game plan was perfect. They wore down the Texas d-line, and they controlled the ball.

Time of Possession
Texas 26.17
OSU 33:43

Except for the interception we pretty much won the field position battle. We didn't put our defense in tight spots. And we made better halftime adjustments than Texas on both sides of the ball. It was bee-yootiful!
Yes, but our O put up 25 points against an average at best Texas defense. And it took our O until 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter to score more than 6 points. And our O had the psychological benefit of an awesome D on their side the whole time. I'd go a tick higher than 'pedestrian', but not by much.

On the other hand, it's weird watching our D do things like give up a 9 yard run on first down (toward the end of the 4th quarter), which had me groaning because it means Texas had 3 more plays to get just 1 yard...and then our D follows it up by forcing Texas into a turnover on downs...by burying them three straight times. How is this our defense?? Texas put up 48 points last week on OU.

Nov 18, 2010
None of the rankers that be or talking heads will want us in the top 8. Will probably be lucky to move to 10. Funny how the eye test 10 years ago was all about defense and now it’s about the lack of offense for OSU.
I hope it stays this way.
Early season we really did not look like we'd be 6-0.
At this point, this being overlooked is working to our advantage.

Iowa got pumped up to #2 in the rankings this week. They are currently behind by 3 TD's in the 4th quarter. Rankings are rat poison, as a famous coach once said.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Yes, but our O put up 25 points against an average at best Texas defense. And it took our O until 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter to score more than 6 points. And our O had the psychological benefit of an awesome D on their side the whole time. I'd go a tick higher than 'pedestrian', but not by much.

On the other hand, it's weird watching our D do things like give up a 9 yard run on first down (toward the end of the 4th quarter), which had me groaning because it means Texas had 3 more plays to get just 1 yard...and then our D follows it up by forcing Texas into a turnover on downs...by burying them three straight times. How is this our defense?? Texas put up 48 points last week on OU.
uo defense is pedestrian at best.

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
If you think our offense is pedestrian then you've been playing too much playstation. That offensive game plan was perfect. They wore down the Texas d-line, and they controlled the ball.

Time of Possession
Texas 26.17
OSU 33:43

Except for the interception we pretty much won the field position battle. We didn't put our defense in tight spots. And we made better halftime adjustments than Texas on both sides of the ball. It was bee-yootiful!
Ummm...yea...I’m with you EXCEPT we needed the pick 6 to spur things along, keep us in the game , etc....that said, we did enough at the right time to win. By the way, did I say our defense is good??? If not, OUR DEFENSE IS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, FRICKIN’ GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’nnnn

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
So if Texas had won, would they have spent 15 minutes with Reggie Bush and the other talking heads drooling all over Texas and Bijan??? Can’t believe there was no post game discussion.
Hmm. Not after that 2nd half. Though, for them to win, he would have needed to do something amazing. So yeah, probably so. And rightfully so. Instead, he missed his Heisman moment. Not against our D, bitch.
Ricky Williams won the Heisman after losing to OSU and running for like 47 yards. I remember that game like it was yesterday

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk