Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 2, 2008
SC
Ok...our offense is pedestrian at best....it just is. (Kinda sucks when compared with out historical performance)....but DAMN...I don’t think I’ve seen a defense like this since Jimmy Johnson was head coach...I joke about Gundys hard on for 1 point wins, but I think we are there...screw it all...I’m in...I’m ok with 3 to 0 wins....JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!
I’m with ya. I’m going to accept that the offense is what it is and hope they get better along with the play calling. GO POKES!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I’ll never complain about getting a call against the horns. But I’m curious as to thoughts on what Malcolm did w no flag and what TX did a few series earlier to SS. It looked to me like Malcolm’s was a continuation of his momentum whereas what #48 did was to pick up SS and slam him. I’m sure the horns see it different and quite honestly I probably would have never noticed on SS if the flag hadn’t been thrown.
Rodriguez made a clean hit and a perfect form tackle. There was one step between the ball being released and the hit with no way for him to hold up. Thompson left his feet because of the force of the hit, not because MRod lifted him. Thompson simply wasn't the same after that.

The hit on SS was dirty.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Ok...our offense is pedestrian at best....it just is. (Kinda sucks when compared with out historical performance)....but DAMN...I don’t think I’ve seen a defense like this since Jimmy Johnson was head coach...I joke about Gundys hard on for 1 point wins, but I think we are there...screw it all...I’m in...I’m ok with 3 to 0 wins....JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!
If you think our offense is pedestrian then you've been playing too much playstation. That offensive game plan was perfect. They wore down the Texas d-line, and they controlled the ball.

Time of Possession
Texas 26.17
OSU 33:43

Except for the interception we pretty much won the field position battle. We didn't put our defense in tight spots. And we made better halftime adjustments than Texas on both sides of the ball. It was bee-yootiful!

Dec 2, 2008
SC
So Texass will fall out of the rankings. Baylor up on BYU right now, if they pull it off they will probably break the top 25 which is good for us. Iowa down by 10 right now, assuming they lose where do end up in the rankings just off of those games?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
How in the Heck are we undefeated?
Our defense is MAGNIFICENT! I was thinking, back when we had Leslie O'Neal and Gary Green we had good defenses, but I can't remember us ever having a defense as good as this one at getting the other team off the field, of stopping and stuffing whatever momentum they may have, of controlling the game. MAGNIFICENT!

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
So Texass will fall out of the rankings. Baylor up on BYU right now, if they pull it off they will probably break the top 25 which is good for us. Iowa down by 10 right now, assuming they lose where do end up in the rankings just off of those games?
I would say top 10 for sure, maybe even top 8.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Think about this, how many times this year have you seen a linebacker or d-back out of position for a tackle and then reach back to try to make the tackle only to have the ball carrier run through the arm tackle? I swear, it just hasn't happened. It seems like these guys are in the right place at the right time nearly every play. I love it, I freaking love it.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
None of the rankers that be or talking heads will want us in the top 8. Will probably be lucky to move to 10. Funny how the eye test 10 years ago was all about defense and now it’s about the lack of offense for OSU.
Polls are garbage. They change to whatever agenda they want to promote. Who cares. Beat Iowa State that’s all that matters this week. Beat Iowa State.