Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
I wonder what would happen if the emotional charged up Sanders was turned loose. I think we get what you posted. But w this D and Warren I don’t know if that gets us more wins.
I can't argue with that. What this team and these coaches have done despite losing 2 of our best players on D and multiple weapons on O is really impressive.

Dec 12, 2020
OKC
I can't argue with that. What this team and these coaches have done despite losing 2 of our best players on D and multiple weapons on O is really impressive.
Sanders only turnover was due to a failure of skill, not the mental lapse we all worry about. And we've won every time he's gone the whole game minimizing the "what was he thinking?" moments. Seems like mixed messages to have spent the last few weeks just begging him to take care of the ball and let the D win it...but going forward say "ah, never mind. Just cut loose and let's see if we can push your game to the next level."

Dec 12, 2020
OKC
So if Texas had won, would they have spent 15 minutes with Reggie Bush and the other talking heads drooling all over Texas and Bijan??? Can’t believe there was no post game discussion.
To be fair, Bijan did look like the best player on the field in the first half. The TV announcer said that out loud to start the 3rd quarter, but I was thinking it as early as the 1st quarter after watching Tay drop a deep streak and a fade TD...both right in his hands. Hopefully he'll use that as motivation and take it out on Iowa State next week.

Jan 14, 2006
Sanders only turnover was due to a failure of skill, not the mental lapse we all worry about. And we've won every time he's gone the whole game minimizing the "what was he thinking?" moments. Seems like mixed messages to have spent the last few weeks just begging him to take care of the ball and let the D win it...but going forward say "ah, never mind. Just cut loose and let's see if we can push your game to the next level."
That's why I said I can't argue with Hack about which one would win us more games. 6-0 with this much adversity is extremely impressive.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
It wasn’t even that, Rashad broke out toward the sideline at the end of the pattern when he was supposed to break in. Go back and look at the reaction of both players. Sanders threw it to where he thought Owens would be!

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Brock Martin just said something to the effect of “I can’t wait to see them extend coach Knowles contract”. RA replies with something to the effect of, “I guess this is the day and age where players can say anything”. :confused:

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Brock Martin just said something to the effect of “I can’t wait to see them extend coach Knowles contract”. RA replies with something to the effect of, “I guess this is the day and age where players can say anything”. :confused:
Yes that was a strange reply by RA.
Brock said he hopes he gets an extension "in the 1. range" implying millions.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Should crack the Top 10 next week. If Georgia takes care of business and beats Kentucky. #9 Oregon and #10 Michigan State both had close wins over bad teams, so should jump one or both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 12, 2020
OKC
Well, this has been the most fun I've had watching OSU football in a very long time. No idea what happens the rest of the way, but these first six games have all been extremely exciting with highly satisfying endings. ...
I remember some forum user a week or two back posting that watching this team was so boring and unsatisfying, he had basically decided to hang up his fandom for the season because he couldn't stomach it any more. I didn't respond, but I was thinking my view of the season had been the exact opposite. Sure, I'd prefer early 3 TD leads that turn into comfortable wins every week (for the obvious reason), but without a doubt, dramatic wins are more entertaining!

Apr 7, 2006
For all the talk about how bad Gundy is at recruiting it's worth taking note of the fact that in the 4th quarter we were controlling both lines of scrimmage- that never happened previously. We used to come out fast but their depth eventually caught up.

The other thing I'd mention is we have some dudes on defense.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
It’s Sanders. 1st half he throws an unbelievable ball to Martin on the fade who drops it. 2nd half he throws maybe the worst fade in the history of football. Then comes back and throws a dart for the TD to Pressly. I think it makes the coaches just scared shitless which QB they get. Then they have to somehow call plays for that.
It is schizophrenic. Runs the gamut from absolutely awful to flashes of brilliance when you least expect it. Supposed to be a dual threat but doesn’t tuck it and run when he could. I don’t get it so I’ll just enjoy the win.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Should crack the Top 10 next week. If Georgia takes care of business and beats Kentucky. #9 Oregon and #10 Michigan State both had close wins over bad teams, so should jump one or both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many times will we have to crack the top ten to satisfy some of the sad sacks in the first half on this board? The world may never know..one, two, three…crack

Dec 12, 2020
OKC
That's why I said I can't argue with Hack about which one would win us more games. 6-0 with this much adversity is extremely impressive.
Really, I wasn't responding to you, but rather HacklemanPoke's curiosity about what would happen if we turned SS loose. But even HacklemanPoke admitted he didn't think it would translate to more wins. And I was just adding my own perspective.