Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
Well, the Cowboys sure picked a good week to have a bye. Plenty of upheaval in the polls, and some major upsets later, and the Pokes are sitting just outside the top ten.

And now, it's time for a visit to newly minted SEC country.

All I've been reading from college football media is how much fun it's going to be to see Texas and OU go at it again in the conference title game, as though it's simply a formality and a matter of waiting until December. I don't think there's a single orange-colored poster on this site that would disagree with my sentiment on the matter: to hell with that mess. It's time to go to Austin and leave with some breathing room in the title game race.

It's time to get to double digits in the win column against these guys.

It's time for Mr. Warren to run wild.

It's time to show Texas what a defense from the state of Oklahoma can really do.

It's time to force our way into the national conversation with a win over one of their favorite brands.

It's time. Let's ride.

Go Pokes! Beat the Longhorns!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. University of Texas Longhorns
Kickoff: Saturday, October 16, 2021, 11:00 AM CDT
at DKR-Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX
2021 Records
OSU 5-0 (2-0), UT 4-2 (2-1)
Texas leads the series, 26-9
TV: FOX
Suddenlink: 12
DirecTV: 12

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 133, XM 199, SXM App 953
: http://okla.st/osutunein
The Varsity Network

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

UT Roster

UT Game Notes

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
I'm going to the game. Would be interested to know if there's any OSU fan meet ups prior to the game ta a bar or anything. Looks like there aren't bars close to the stadium though..

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Well, the Cowboys sure picked a good week to have a bye. Plenty of upheaval in the polls, and some major upsets later, and the Pokes are sitting just outside the top ten.

And now, it's time for a visit to newly minted SEC country.

All I've been reading from college football media is how much fun it's going to be to see Texas and OU go at it again in the conference title game, as though it's simply a formality and a matter of waiting until December. I don't think there's a single orange-colored poster on this site that would disagree with my sentiment on the matter: to hell with that mess. It's time to go to Austin and leave with some breathing room in the title game race.

It's time to get to double digits in the win column against these guys.

It's time for Mr. Warren to run wild.

It's time to show Texas what a defense from the state of Oklahoma can really do.

It's time to force our way into the national conversation with a win over one of their favorite brands.

It's time. Let's ride.

Go Pokes! Beat the Longhorns!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. University of Texas Longhorns
Kickoff: Saturday, October 16, 2021, 11:00 AM CDT
at DKR-Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX
2021 Records
OSU 5-0 (2-0), UT 4-2 (2-1)
Texas leads the series, 26-9
TV: FOX
Suddenlink: 12
DirecTV: 12

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 133, XM 199, SXM App 953
: http://okla.st/osutunein
The Varsity Network

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

UT Roster

UT Game Notes
You've texted that pregame speech to Gundy right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
I'm going to the game. Would be interested to know if there's any OSU fan meet ups prior to the game ta a bar or anything. Looks like there aren't bars close to the stadium though..
The Austin Alumni chapter is having a watch party at the Lavaca Street Bar on South Lamar. I bet there will be some alums there early.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
My wife is going to the game, I am hoping not to hear about the alumni meeting at the ta bar. On second thought that might be an interesting conversation.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Somebody knows something in Vegas. Big money flooding to the Pokes. Line down to 3.5.
Basically UT is only favored due to home field advantage. I think we will see low scoring and many field goals for a 24-20 OSU win. Going from 5.5 to 3.5 is probably correcting the spread where it should have initially started.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2006
Basically UT is being only favored due to home field advantage. I thing we will see low scoring and many field goals for a 24-20 OSU win. Going from 5.5 to 3.5 is probably correcting the spread where it should have initially started.
That makes sense. I don't follow betting odds much but I checked it out when I saw how much it dropped today. I thought it was also worth mentioning that almost 80% of the money is on the Pokes.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The 2018 UT will always be one of my favorite OSU football games of all time. The weather, the crowd engagement, the ruckus between the coaches at the end, all good stuff.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Somebody knows something in Vegas. Big money flooding to the Pokes. Line down to 3.5.
So here’s what I’ve noticed and noted here before. The masses are asses. When a spread jumps pass the mathematical statistics, then it’s all based on perception. And the 80-20 rule goes into effect. However, we noted last Monday that it opened at 5.5. So the masses aren’t to blame here. I didn’t spend the full 30 minutes it takes to set the spread for our matchup but and it’s a huge but, I actually saw a good argument that Texas should be favored by double digits.

Obviously, those who do this as their business see something glaring that I don’t. Either a game has been tossed out, an injury that we can’t see or there’s a moral problem at Texas. Weather isn’t in play either.

So In this case, it’s good news for us. Vegas is altering the line due to cash. Cash on us. (Usually an enormous red flag not bet the game)

Personally, I’m telling you, it’s the DEFENSE!