Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Christian

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
Who the heck would come here? Gundy has shown to be a micromanager
If we are unable to get someone to come then we need to fire Gundy. A coach on the cheap would be just as effective.
He’s recruiting coaches the same way he recruits players. Diamonds in rough, 2-star coaches we hope to turn into 4-star type talent. We count on Glass to build up players....but Gundy is no Glass when it comes to developing coaches.

Gundy’s not a good CEO. He’s not a good offensive play caller. He’s not a good special teams coach. He’s not a good defensive coach. He’s not a good recruiter. WTF is Gundy really good at? He couldn’t even get along with freaking T Boone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
The offense in the second half without Tylan, is what fans are in store for next year. Run up the middle, QB draw, long pass but hope for PI or predictable bubble screen. I’m willing to give Dunn a “pass” this year only because of the offensive line injuries.

Oct 30, 2007
Here's a stat for you, Spencer Sanders was 16 for 34 for a completion percentage of 47%. But 7 of his completions were on screen passes. So he was 9-27 for a completion percentage of 33% beyond the line of scrimmage. That won't get things done at this level.

Nov 23, 2010
Vermont
He’s recruiting coaches the same way he recruits players. Diamonds in rough, 2-star coaches we hope to turn into 4-star type talent. We count on Glass to build up players....but Gundy is no Glass when it comes to developing coaches.

Gundy’s not a good CEO. He’s not a good offensive play caller. He’s not a good special teams coach. He’s not a good defensive coach. He’s not a good recruiter. WTF is Gundy really good at? He couldn’t even get along with freaking T Boone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He’s good at making a ton of cash without breaking a sweat.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Cursed program. Always will be.
This is confirmation bias. If you continue to think that it’ll be true. This is why Gundy shits himself when he sees OU across the field.

Given the offensive talent on the roster, this may be the worst offense in OSU history. Things must change with the offensive staff. Gundy must be forced again to take on a CEO role and hire a big time OC.
Just get rid of Gundy and move on. We have an appealing setup. Too many people here are afraid to cut bait for fear of going to 3-9. Well freaking look at LSU. They have 3 wins this year but guess what, they went undefeated the year before because they got rid of the “9 wins a year guy” in Miles. If we continue to be wimps at the administrative level, we will not improve. I went to OSU from ‘10 to ‘13. Those teams are the bar and I will not accept anything less than that regardless of who the coach is.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Here's a stat for you, Spencer Sanders was 16 for 34 for a completion percentage of 47%. But 7 of his completions were on screen passes. So he was 9-27 for a completion percentage of 33% beyond the line of scrimmage. That won't get things done at this level.
I agree with the point you are trying to make, but he also had some incompletions behind the line of scrimmage too. So not all of the 9-27 was beyond the line of scrimmage.

Oct 30, 2007
I agree with the point you are trying to make, but he also had some incompletions behind the line of scrimmage too. So not all of the 9-27 was beyond the line of scrimmage.
Good point. That makes it even worse. I know he struggled against OU because he was pressured on almost every play, but I really wonder how Illingworth would look behind our improving offensive line. Regardless of who's under center, we have to find a way to get better quarterback play.

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
After the horrendous on-field results this year, and the built-in excuse of COVID, Holder must cancel the renewing portion of Gundy's contract. If Holder doesn't, then whatever happens thereafter to the FB program is on Holder. THIS is the year to begin the HCMG exit plan.

Sep 30, 2013
plus.google.com
Losing is not going to cost Gundy his job. Covid gives him a free pass - guaranteed.

So we might as well beat Baylor, and give their fans a bad day.
Since no amount of Gundy Ball ineptitude will get him fired, is it wrong to hope that he contracts some hyper mutant yet asymptomatic strain of FOREVER-COVID that precludes him from EVER coaching football again?

But seriously, is there ANYTHING that could get Gundy fired?

Dec 6, 2013
and negative rushing yards...

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
From Twitter:

From 2013-2017, OSU was 28-2 as a ranked opponent against an unranked opponent.
In the last 13 tries, OSU is 7-6 in those games.
Gundy is the losingest coach as a ranked team against an unranked team in College Football...the whole thing. He has a 2-13 record against our rival and he still has a job. It’s insanity the logic in our board.

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Losing is not going to cost Gundy his job. Covid gives him a free pass - guaranteed.

So we might as well beat Baylor, and give their fans a bad day.
Nvm whether we should beat Baylor or not. Can we?????

Can this offense score against Dave Aranda's defense? Last year that Baylor QB left us in his dust.

We are in for a pillow fight against Baylor. More unwatchable football before the mediocre bowl..