Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Christian

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Junction City, KS
Two games to go, and it's time to head down 35. A little further this time.

TCU has a little mini-streak going. Winners of three of their last four. But if you look at that one that they didn't win, it was against the only team they've played recently that boasts a defense. That might not bode well for the purple frogs.

Thing is, we found out last week that, if it comes down to it, we can hang points and yards. Otherwise, we can get into a grinder. Either way, we can win games. And we just so happen to need this game. We can only control what we can control, and if we can control this game, we still have a shot at the CCG. We'll need both sides of the ball to show out in Fort Worth. I'll take the special teams from last week too, while we're at it.

TCU is 4-4, so they're not a slouch. But it's time to handle our business.

Go Pokes! Beat the Horned Frogs!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. Texas Christian University Horned Frogs
Kickoff: Saturday December 5, 2020, 11 AM CT
at Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX

2020 Records
OSU 6-2 (5-2), TCU 4-4 (4-4)
OSU leads the series, 16-12-2
TV: ESPN2
Suddenlink: 36
DirecTV: 209

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 81, XM 81, Internet 81
Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

TCU Roster

TCU Game Notes

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Since joining the Big 12 OSU is 5-3 against TCU. Though were usually jockeying for positioning in the conference standings, the final score of the games haven't been that close, twice there has been a 7 point differential but usually its a 2 score game or more.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Since joining the Big 12 OSU is 5-3 against TCU. Though were usually jockeying for positioning in the conference standings, the final score of the games haven't been that close, twice there has been a 7 point differential but usually its a 2 score game or more.
I would never forget one of OSU worse games I’ve ever witnessed...that came from the hands of TCU in 2014. That was the Tre’von Boykin year where they got snubbed from the playoffs. QB1 was Dax Garmen.

If y’all think our offense is bad now...look no further than that game. We didn’t even score a TD. Just 3 field goals and a bunch of 3 and outs.

I’n glad we returned the favor in 2015 and since then...they haven’t been much of problem.

Let’s keep it that way tomorrow morning.

Aug 27, 2012
Stillwater OK
2017 was heartbreaking. Thought we were gonna win all week. Then Larry Williams breaks his leg in practice. When I heard the news my heart sank. Had a bad feeling going into the stadium.

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
Load the box on D and make Duggan beat us with his arm. He is the frogs leading rusher and hasn't put up much with his arm.

Hopefully our run game has the same type of success it had against the raiders.

Dec 17, 2011
I would never forget one of OSU worse games I’ve ever witnessed...that came from the hands of TCU in 2014. That was the Tre’von Boykin year where they got snubbed from the playoffs. QB1 was Dax Garmen.

If y’all think our offense is bad now...look no further than that game. We didn’t even score a TD. Just 3 field goals and a bunch of 3 and outs.

I’n glad we returned the favor in 2015 and since then...they haven’t been much of problem.

Let’s keep it that way tomorrow morning.
Lol I went to that game we were like ranked 15th. My friends and I started just doing the tcu chants because they got a first down every down. Ramon richards really had to grow up after that game.

Oct 30, 2007
This one comes down to coaching. If our coaches put in the effort this week, then we can win it. If they said, we are going to do what we want and we do not need to adjust then we will get beat.

We will not be able to be neon broadcast predictable against Patterson. So, I think it is a benchmark game for the coaching staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
This one comes down to coaching. If our coaches put in the effort this week, then we can win it. If they said, we are going to do what we want and we do not need to adjust then we will get beat.

We will not be able to be neon broadcast predictable against Patterson. So, I think it is a benchmark game for the coaching staff.

Hopefully they learned something about game prep after some the eggs laid this year.

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Today is beans, cornbread, and homebrew day. A joyous occasion of gas, Cowboy football and a little later, a basketball game in historic GIA. The current girlfriend has already shot me the stare of disgust, and I don't really care. She is not under arrest, but free to leave. The dogs understand, and that's what matters. My inner prognosticator is saying an epic day is at hand, where Cowboys beat the horny frogs, and grizzlies go back to the woods to defecate. (Oakland is the grizzlies, right?) No matter! It's 7:30 and the coffee and Irish cream is kicking in just fine.

Go Pokes!

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Today is beans, cornbread, and homebrew day. A joyous occasion of gas, Cowboy football and a little later, a basketball game in historic GIA. The current girlfriend has already shot me the stare of disgust, and I don't really care. She is not under arrest, but free to leave. The dogs understand, and that's what matters. My inner prognosticator is saying an epic day is at hand, where Cowboys beat the horny frogs, and grizzlies go back to the woods to defecate. (Oakland is the grizzlies, right?) No matter! It's 7:30 and the coffee and Irish cream is kicking in just fine.

Go Pokes!
Make sure you have some fried potatoes with the beans and cornbread.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

I beg to differ.

Like most every game, it comes down to execution on the field. People that believe it’s up to the coaches to win games are somewhat delusional.

“It’s not about the playcall, it’s about executing the pay that is called.” - Nick Saban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk