Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Exactly what I was thinking. Our offense performed at an equivalent of at least 24 points, which is the same points the ISU offense put up, but our offense isn't nearly as good as Iowa State's, so the ISU defense had a much easier 'level of difficulty'. Allowing us 24 points puts the ISU D on par with Baylor, and worse than Tulsa. ...better than Kstate and Texas, though.
OSU had three 4th down stops. That is huge in field position and pressure on the defense. If ISU pins the pokes back on all of the 4th downs that were missed, the 24 pts most likely becomes 14 or less.

Dec 12, 2020
OKC
OSU had three 4th down stops. That is huge in field position and pressure on the defense. If ISU pins the pokes back on all of the 4th downs that were missed, the 24 pts most likely becomes 14 or less.
I get that you're saying the ISU offensive failures against OSU's defense made ISU's D look bad. But you have to give credit to the OSU D, then, for having an effect on offense (which I wasn't even considering before). FYI, OSU had 2, not 3 fourth down stops. And both stops were fairly well into OSU's side of the field.

Also, I take back what I said earlier. OSU scored a defensive TD against Texas, so Texas' D only allowed 25 points. KSU's D only allowed 24 due to a defensive TD. Tulsa allowed a kickoff return TD, so their D actually allowed 21 points. And I didn't even mention Boise State, whose D allowed 21 points.

So in summary, ISU's D allowed the same amount of (effective) points as Baylor, Texas, Kansas State, and Missouri State, almost down to the point...and allowed more points than Boise St. and Tulsa. One can hold out hope that the upcoming Kansas D will put on a worse showing than ISU did, though.

Giving up that last TD drive was the worst moment of the season for the OSU defense, though. And, yes, it did surprise me.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
I get that you're saying the ISU offensive failures against OSU's defense made ISU's D look bad. But you have to give credit to the OSU D, then, for having an effect on offense (which I wasn't even considering before). FYI, OSU had 2, not 3 fourth down stops. And both stops were fairly well into OSU's side of the field.

Also, I take back what I said earlier. OSU scored a defensive TD against Texas, so Texas' D only allowed 25 points. KSU's D only allowed 24 due to a defensive TD. Tulsa allowed a kickoff return TD, so their D actually allowed 21 points. And I didn't even mention Boise State, whose D allowed 21 points.

So in summary, ISU's D allowed the same amount of (effective) points as Baylor, Texas, Kansas State, and Missouri State, almost down to the point...and allowed more points than Boise St. and Tulsa. One can hold out hope that the upcoming Kansas D will put on a worse showing than ISU did, though.

Giving up that last TD drive was the worst moment of the season for the OSU defense, though. And, yes, it did surprise me.
I am not taking anything away from OSU. I believe the Pokes are a very good team. IMO, OSU/ISU have the best balance in the league. I am hopeful that ISU keeps winning, and both teams are Dallas bound

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Just another Idiot Out Wandering Around.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Easy there sport…I am in Texas and have probably been here longer than you have been alive. Big Daddy may not want to admit it but he knows I am right about the lineman pulling Presley. Should have been a penalty but they chose to mark him down just in front of where he started to get pulled forward.
Let's not pull the age thing. You have no idea how old I am. And if you're going to be an Iowa State fan and come on here and spew this crap, then you better be willing to be called out on it.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Well, considering they had a TD taken off the board due to a very controversial celebration penalty, I don't blame them. They're great fans who support their team, even when they're not doing that well.
i have to agree this time. A highly hyped prime time game, their Homecoming, a hard fought game and an enthusiastic fan base was the perfect mix. After all, we celebrate wins too.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Let's not pull the age thing. You have no idea how old I am. And if you're going to be an Iowa State fan and come on here and spew this crap, then you better be willing to be called out on it.

The age comment was drawing attention to your maturity level. Your Iowa acronym use was childish so you were called out.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

The age comment was drawing attention to your maturity level. Your Iowa acronym use was childish so you were called out.
See, there's the difference in your maturity level and those of other Iowa people I know, and I know quite a few. They would have just laughed it off and moved on.