Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Rematch in Dallas would be appropriate. Both of these teams are banged up after Sat. That was the hardest hitting game so far in conference
I don't think we have any injuries...that's how we play every game. As far as a rematach I would like that as I don't want ou or texas anywhere near that game...that being said I do think ISU has a harder road to get there.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Just like in the uT game, after the play there were several Horns left on the field or struggling to the side line, but no Pokes. Same thing happened in Ames, Pokes took it to them.

Jan 14, 2006
Assuming we somehow make it to the CCG, the order of teams I'd like to play a second time are:

1. Iowa St.
2. Texas
3. Baylor
4. OU

I think we'd handle Iowa St pretty easily on a neutral field. But serious congrats to them. They played a great game Saturday and I'm happy that their fans got to rush the field and celebrate a victory against a superior program. Just wish it was against someone other than us.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Who else has? I don't recall it, maybe Texas will once they finally beat us down in Austin again? BTW, I hope we NEVER rush the field after beating ISU...I think that's reserved for a team and program you don't like, just my opinion.
Thinking Arizona did in 2012 after losing 2 in a row to us. Baylor in 2016. There was some strange streak of bad luck but it seems like Baylor was happy to have any win. TCU in 2018. Beating us was unexpected and made them bowl eligible. Texas in 2019. Breaking the losing streak to us in Austin. I’m old so this could be a complete fabrication or partial. It all blends in like one long game after awhile.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
“Check the rule!”

one post later

“I can’t find it”

Classic.

If you think LSU and USC won’t have a serious pull you’re crazier than those back to back posts.
You don’t know squat about the man so you make ignorant assumptions. If he didn’t take the Browns job, he certainly isn’t taking the LSU or USC jobs

btw, I relied on someone else’s statement about a ball carrier on an offensive player. I decided to look when another poster questioned it.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Assuming we somehow make it to the CCG, the order of teams I'd like to play a second time are:

1. Iowa St.
2. Texas
3. Baylor
4. OU

I think we'd handle Iowa St pretty easily on a neutral field. But serious congrats to them. They played a great game Saturday and I'm happy that their fans got to rush the field and celebrate a victory against a superior program. Just wish it was against someone other than us.
Actually, I would take that bet in a minute. I thought the clones would win by 2 scores, so OSU performed better than expected.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
I don't think we have any injuries...that's how we play every game. As far as a rematach I would like that as I don't want ou or texas anywhere near that game...that being said I do think ISU has a harder road to get there.
We don’t have any injuries either it appears, but there are banged up players. I think your folks were surprised that the defense on the other side of the field was better than the Pokes’ D.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
You don’t know squat about the man so you make ignorant assumptions.
Please bestow your knowledge of Matt Campbell for people on a OSU message board. Are you his agent? Brother? Wife? Sister?

btw, I relied on someone else’s statement about a ball carrier on an offensive player. I decided to look when another poster questioned it.
Are you relying on another posters info for this as well, or was it just a media outlets spin?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Please bestow your knowledge of Matt Campbell for people on a OSU message board. Are you his agent? Brother? Wife? Sister?
Matt Campbell doesn’t use an agent so that should be sufficient for your purposes

Are you relying on another posters info for this as well, or was it just a media outlets spin?
I never said it was another poster’s info. You can go back and read it again.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We don’t have any injuries either it appears, but there are banged up players. I think your folks were surprised that the defense on the other side of the field was better than the Pokes’ D.
a hairs breath is hard to measure. I think the defenses were fairly equal. The stats were almost equal with the difference being that we were marked short on that final drive...I firmly believe that had we not been marked short we would have scored and won. Of course we will never know but that is what I believe would happen, and if we both are fortunate enough to play in the championship I think the Pokes will win...and I'm 100% certain that "State" will win. ;)

You have a great day...It's all good. I'm just glad we are involved in big time college football games again.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
So we missed 2 FGs and lost 24-21 and your takeaway is that the Iowa State defense was better than the OSU defense? Does that mean you think that the OSU offense is better than the Iowa State offense? :confused:

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I have zero interest in potentially playing ISU in the Big 12 Championship game. Nobody outside of the Big 12 would watch or would be impressed. I think we both have a challenging road to get to Dallas, but I would much rather play a big program.

Dec 12, 2020
OKC
So we missed 2 FGs and lost 24-21 and your takeaway is that the Iowa State defense was better than the OSU defense? Does that mean you think that the OSU offense is better than the Iowa State offense? :confused:
Exactly what I was thinking. Our offense performed at an equivalent of at least 24 points, which is the same points the ISU offense put up, but our offense isn't nearly as good as Iowa State's, so the ISU defense had a much easier 'level of difficulty'. Allowing us 24 points puts the ISU D on par with Baylor, and worse than Tulsa. ...better than Kstate and Texas, though.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I have zero interest in potentially playing ISU in the Big 12 Championship game. Nobody outside of the Big 12 would watch or would be impressed. I think we both have a challenging road to get to Dallas, but I would much rather play a big program.
I think our game last week drew 2.5 million viewers. More than the USC/ND prime time game. I think we’ll be fine.

Jan 14, 2006
Just finished a rewatch. Painful. Just on that last drive we had two little mistakes that cost us huge.

Procedure penalty, not letting Tay get set cost us an 8 yard gain. Then, whatever Bray did, running the wrong route and dropping what would have been a big gain.

Execute either of those and the 4th down play never happens.

Overall, really good game. Iowa St played great. Purdy had the game of his life.
Congrats to them but I want that rematch even more. This team is still getting better.