Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
He has a young family and they want to raise them in a good safe environment. Ames fits that bill to a T. He asked that his coordinators and coaches get the highest % of raises so the coordinators got bumped to $1M each. Other coaches were rewarded as well. Campbell is not $$$ driven. The college jobs that he would leave for are Ohio St & ND.
  • Defensive coordinator Jon Heacock: $925,000.
  • Offensive coordinator Tom Manning: $925,000
Campbell makes $3M/yr
Turned down 8 yrs $69M from Lions. So, ya, not $$ driven

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Doesn't matter. Everyone knows that was a BS call. Would you feel the same way if WE had a TD taken off the board for something that petty?
That taunting call was a terrible call and no place in college football for that. Could have completely changed the game
Yeah, it pissed them off immensely.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
you guys got cheated. That was absolutely a first down. It was crystal clear the rb was on top of the offensive lineman on the replay. I can forgive the guys on the field missing it, but the replay was 100 percent clear and the call on the field should have been reversed.

That doesnt mean Oklahoma State wouldve won, but chances for OT would look good with that 1st down.
If you knew the rules then you would know that the runner is down when the offensive player he is on is down. The second the OL’s knee or elbow or butt hits the turf, the ball carrier is down. Now we won’t even mention the penalty that wasn’t called on that play since it is illegal for another offensive player to pull or lift a ball carrier forward. They can push but can’t pull, and that was very clear for the world to see. Now had they called the penalty, OSU would have gotten another play, I believe but they chose to ignore and give a generous mark on the first scenario.
Huh??

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If you knew the rules then you would know that the runner is down when the offensive player he is on is down. The second the OL’s knee or elbow or butt hits the turf, the ball carrier is down. Now we won’t even mention the penalty that wasn’t called on that play since it is illegal for another offensive player to pull or lift a ball carrier forward. They can push but can’t pull, and that was very clear for the world to see. Now had they called the penalty, OSU would have gotten another play, I believe but they chose to ignore and give a generous mark on the first scenario.
Sounds like BS to me. How does a QB sneak ever work ? Often the OLman's on the ground or at least his knee is on the ground and the QB is on top of him. They let that go and don't call the QB down.
Fox rules expert didn't have a problem with being on the OLman. I'll trust him over you.
Go back to your cornfield.
Just another Idiot Out Wandering Around.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Campbell has been playing a lot of players. There is a deep rotation in place but folks seem to focus on the headliners.
I think that definitely helps, but until Purdy isn’t the one taking snaps you won’t know what you have. And Breece Hall is a special talent. I’m sure you’ll have lots of great players replacing them, but Clemson thought the same thing.

Oct 24, 2021
Texas
Just another Idiot Out Wandering Around.

Easy there sport…I am in Texas and have probably been here longer than you have been alive. Big Daddy may not want to admit it but he knows I am right about the lineman pulling Presley. Should have been a penalty but they chose to mark him down just in front of where he started to get pulled forward.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I'd be glad to see ISU beat OU and would be happy to have a chance to meet in Arlington. Unfortunately though, as an OSU fan I'm forced to stare reality in the face often and in this case it's clear that this is "the year" for Iowa State.
Why is it ISU’s year? They lost to Baylor and still have OU and Texas. They have a tougher road to hoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apr 7, 2006
Why is it ISU’s year? They lost to Baylor and still have OU and Texas. They have a tougher road to hoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My point was on paper this was the year circled for them to have a team to compete to win the league with veterans in most key positions.

Apr 7, 2006
Easy there sport…I am in Texas and have probably been here longer than you have been alive. Big Daddy may not want to admit it but he knows I am right about the lineman pulling Presley. Should have been a penalty but they chose to mark him down just in front of where he started to get pulled forward.
It was poor job of officiating by a poor crew. You know that and we know that. You can say it should've been a penalty but that is NEVER called and even so there isn't room for officials to adjust a spot in lieu of a penalty - so it's a poor call either way. The personal foul was obviously a bad call also. We can call it how it is and the outcome of the game won't change.

You won the game and neither call determined the game. Enjoy your win.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm pretty sure the poster you quoted is in his late 40's or early 50's so...you been in Texas that long? That crew made terrible calls all game long, the worst call being the called back touchdown by ISU but they scored a few plays later so it didn't affect the outcome...the bad spot, however, did.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
And they’re not the only ones to rush after beating us.
Who else has? I don't recall it, maybe Texas will once they finally beat us down in Austin again? BTW, I hope we NEVER rush the field after beating ISU...I think that's reserved for a team and program you don't like, just my opinion.

Last edited: