Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
We have bowl eligibility, folks!

Been there, done that. Sixteen straight years, as a matter of fact. This team can reach much loftier goals.

It started on the road as a top 12 team getting no respect against a fringe top 25 opponent that was coming in fueled by name recognition and 40 minutes of good offense against OU.

It continues as a top 10 team getting no respect against an unranked team that the experts (so-called) told you would be where we sit as this game comes around on the calendar: the drivers' seat for a CCG slot. Laying a touchdown to a two-loss opponent seems like a massive dig. Disrespectful, even. All it really does is make us the underdogs.

Fortunately, that's just how these Cowboys like it.

Ten years ago, we lost. Now we have a chance to make things as close to right as they'll ever be by doing what didn't happen that night, by taking care of business in Ames, and coming back to Stillwater for America's Greatest Homecoming.

It's time to ride once again.

Go Pokes! Beat the Cyclones!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. Iowa State University Cyclones
Kickoff: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 2:30 PM CDT
at Jack Trice Stadium, Ames, IA
2021 Records
OSU 6-0 (3-0), ISU 4-2 (2-1)
OSU leads the series, 33-19-3
TV: FOX
Suddenlink: 12
DirecTV: 12

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 83, XM 83, SXM App 83
: http://okla.st/osutunein
The Varsity Network

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

ISU Roster

ISU Game Notes

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
Fun fact from the ISU game notes: coming into Saturday's game, Iowa State will have not lost a conference game at home in almost exactly two years. Their last loss in Jack Trice Stadium to a Big 12 foe was on 26 October 2019.

The opponent? Oklahoma State.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Fun fact from the ISU game notes: coming into Saturday's game, Iowa State will have not lost a conference game at home in almost exactly two years. Their last loss in Jack Trice Stadium to a Big 12 foe was on 26 October 2019.

In "Brocktober" they've only lost twice. Both times that team was: Oklahoma State!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

In "Brocktober" they've only lost twice. Both times that team was: Oklahoma State!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
More on Brocktober

The stat you see ISU tout is 15-2 in Brocktober. They are actually 10-2 with Purdy.
The combined FBS records of their 10 wins: 34-59
Only 2 of those 10 wins came against teams with winning records: WVU in 2018, and OU in 2020
So, for the record, Brock Purdy is 2-2 in the month of October against teams with winning records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2013
28-12 pokes. We absolutely pummel them into the ground. This will be similar to bedlam 2011, where our team unleashes all their frustration from the disrespect on the opponent.

Nov 18, 2010
I've been half-watching a lot of the games this year, with the expectation that'd we'd have a couple of losses by now.

But now that we're 6-0 with a huge game on the road -- I know I'm going to be glued to the stream for every play, filled with anxiety, and probably nursing a stress headache.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
Pokes win 5-0...we force a safety in the first quarter then In the fourth quarter Sanders reveals a previously unknown talent set when, after a failed 3rd down attempt on the cyclone 40 yard line (following the Fourth turnover forced by the cowboy defense), he successful pulls a ‘Doug Flutie’ and converts a surprise drop kick

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
My feelings is this could turn into a defensive battle and be low scoring game with a 13-0, 10-6, or 17-6 OSU win. I think we will need Dez Jackson to spell Jaylen to keep him fresh as we may need Jaylen in the fourth quarter. Maybe have two RB schemes. I would like to see Sanders run more. If we can run and stop the run effectively we should win. Control the line of scrimmage and only pass when clearly open.

This game means more to ISU due to already losing twice so they will have more pressure resulting in mental errors and OSU will be loose with swag and moxie being confident due to 6-0 and having two away wins under our belt.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
I don't care what ISU did 2, 3 or 5 years ago. This year is what counts, and Iowa State has 3 wins over some not very good teams and losses to the two decent teams they have played, Baylor and Iowa. I look at how much we have improved, especially on offense, season to date, and that we have two good wins on the road (Boise St and Texas). We can do it on the road. We don't need the stinkin' spread points - we win outright 34-21.

Also pretty tired of the idea our offense is all Jaylon Warren. He has done a GREAT job, but we have shown we can throw the ball lately as receivers have come back from injury. Versus UT we had the better passing stat line for the game. Had Jay not had the two uncharacteristic drops, one on the long pass the first play of the game and/or the touchdown pass in the endzone, we would have had dramatically better passing stats than UT.

Last edited: