Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Baylor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
Only having two true “revenge games” is a good problem to have, yet here we are already.

Time to go to Waco and remind Baylor we’re still here.

Last year, we were inches away from the kind of glory OSU hasn’t had.. well, ever. These guys won’t have forgotten that. But as much as anything, this game is about starting off the conference schedule on a high note. Given the non-conference schedule and the bye week, folks have forgotten about OSU.

Let’s remind them who we are.

Go Pokes! Beat the Bears!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. Baylor University Bears
Kickoff: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 2:30 PM CDT
at McLane Stadium, Waco, TX
2022 Records
OSU 3-0 (0-0), BU 3-1 (1-0)
OSU leads the series, 22-19
TV: Fox
Suddenlink: 12
DirecTV: 12

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
http://okla.st/osutunein
The Varsity Network

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

BU Roster

BU Game Notes

Oct 30, 2012
I don't know if I've ever wanted success more for an individual player in a game than this one for Sanders. The picture of him with his head down after that Big 12 champ game talking to his family, he took that performance to heart. The young man NEVER puts the blame on anyone else but himself. He deserves this one. I'm hoping for a Sanders Heisman candidate type performance (no doubt I'll be happy with a W in any way shape or form), but man it would be so awesome for him to go off in this game and make a statement for himself and this team! Go Pokes!

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Some more tidbits.
Spread opened Baylor -1.5 now -2.5.
Meaning on a neutral field, we’re the favorite. Everyone gets a standard 3 points added to the spread formula for being at home. Good teams can get up to double. (Bama most likely gets 6 at home before they even know the opponent).

I’d like to think Baylor is worth more than 3 for its home field. Over under 56.

Talk that Bama and Ark is on at 2:30 as well and might detract interest from our game. That opened at 14 and now is 17.5. Could be boring by half.
S

Since that would behove us, it probably won’t happen.

Dec 30, 2008
Canyon Texas
By definition and a lifetime of painful experience, I am a pessimist. That said, I hope I am wrong. I loathe Baylor. Granted, it is not the "gold standard" of loathing, which is reserved for you know who. But it is at least silver.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
FYI: The OSU/Baylor game is available in 4K if your provider offers the special Fox 4K channel.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Last time out Shapen started 17-17 in Arlington. I’m hoping he regresses to the mean this time.
There were a couple of phenomenal catches in that game that never should’ve happened. Including at least one for a touchdown with really good defense all over the guy. Sometimes the other team makes a play. Is what it is.

Oct 30, 2012
There were a couple of phenomenal catches in that game that never should’ve happened. Including at least one for a touchdown with really good defense all over the guy. Sometimes the other team makes a play. Is what it is.
I rewatched the game this week (mistake lol) but man you’re right, the ball bounced there way so many times, I was shocked. Didn’t notice it live.