Official Game Thread: Missouri State vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
It actually seems like the budget is the issue. We pay top tier money to the idiot dragging us down, but barely even Top 50 salaries for coordinators. We risk losing Knowles and won't ever get a good OC until we pay them at least $1 million.

But no... Gundy needs most of the payroll for himself. He's so great we're lucky to have him.

Apr 7, 2006
You mean the survey of OSU fans on this message board? How is that not an echo chamber, and representative of only the more diehard fans?

Most OSU grads I know in real life are pretty tired of Gundy's schtick, and have stopped renewing tickets, watching games, buying gear, etc....because there's no longer an ROI worthy of their $$$ and weekends. That includes some that used to camp out / paint up for games, members of the marching band, and many casual fans that all attended (and love) OSU. I'm amazed that you don't see that as a problem.
So a survey of 1700 fans is an echo chamber, but "most fans I know" isn't. Gotcha. Good day sir.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
So a survey of 1700 fans is an echo chamber, but "most fans I know" isn't. Gotcha. Good day sir.
I never claimed that my friends represented anything in particular. I would guess that they represent a relatively wide spectrum; certainly wider than what you would expect when polling the fans interested enough to know that Orange Power exists, take the time to make an account, and are active enough to have participated in a poll related to OSU.

Many within that group used to plan their weekends around OSU football, and now they don't. Regardless of how you want to categorize that, I see that as a major issue. And I think it's just a symptom of the problem. The problem is that we play an uninspiring, hopeless, lifeless, juvenile game against weak opponents, and have less than zero chance of national relevance or even winning our own conference. To many of us, that's not something we can give up our precious time and resources to support. It's disrespectful to the fans to keep trotting this garbage out there and expecting people to keep ponying up to support it. We deserve better.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
It actually seems like the budget is the issue. We pay top tier money to the idiot dragging us down, but barely even Top 50 salaries for coordinators. We risk losing Knowles and won't ever get a good OC until we pay them at least $1 million.

But no... Gundy needs most of the payroll for himself. He's so great we're lucky to have him.
So...every thread huh?

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Stop with the budget constraint argument. It's meaningless. You don't need a larger budget to throw a slant or avoid running up the middle into stacked boxes when your o-line is a weak link on your team, as has been the case since Wikline left, apparently.
And this is the crux of the asinine argument you dig out of your mom’s basement every year and dust off so you can prove you know football better than Gundy. Just join another fan base or be an NFL fan during football season. Watching OSU football has made you a miserable and intolerable grouch. I won’t sign up for that no matter how much you try to whitewash it, Tom Sawyer.

Compare budgets to results then come back and tell me it’s meaningless.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

I’ve already addressed this. Gundy is paid below our average ranking. He isn’t a top 20 salary. Gary Patterson makes more than Gundy.

Apr 7, 2006
Gundy is, by definition, a victim of his (and the program in general's) own success. Any coach at OSU before Gundy coming off 8-3 and beating Miami would be a hero. We've come a long ways.

Apr 7, 2006
8 wins a hero? With a CheezIt Bowl win. What planet do you live on?

Have you ever heard of Brandon Weeden or Mason Rudolph?
Weeden and Rudolph both played for Gundy.

I'm going to give you a second chance to read...

"Any coach at OSU before Gundy coming off 8-3 and beating Miami would be a hero."

You obviously don't remember (or weren't around) prior to Gundy. I recall the tremendous excitement in '97 when we played in the Alamo Bowl. Thankfully we've moved on to the point of being bored with the bowl streak.

Last edited:

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Please feel free to have a reasonable and passionate discussion as adults with out personal attacks.
we are past the meltdown phase and posting privileges can be modified.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
8 wins a hero? With a CheezIt Bowl win. What planet do you live on?

Have you ever heard of Brandon Weeden or Mason Rudolph?
Weeden and Rudolph both played for Gundy.

I'm going to give you a second chance to read...

"Any coach at OSU before Gundy coming off 8-3 and beating Miami would be a hero."

You obviously don't remember (or weren't around) prior to Gundy. I recall the tremendous excitement in '97 when we played in the Alamo Bowl. Thankfully we've moved on to the point of being bored with the bowl streak.
He doesn't care about that miniscule detail. It's fire Gundy, and all else be darned.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
"third down and six upcoming for the visitors".... Yes those of you in the stands heard that last Saturday. Larry Reese is on the radio right now and he is explaining that it's been a decade since he said that. A couple of letters from Nebraska fans and a letter from a Colorado fan and then a few other letters here and there made coach Holder decide that he didn't want it done. Larry fought for it, and he lost that battle. He says that Weiberg and Shrum are both 100% for it and that's why we've got it back.

Feb 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
"third down and six upcoming for the visitors".... Yes those of you in the stands heard that last Saturday. Larry Reese is on the radio right now and he is explaining that it's been a decade since he said that. A couple of letters from Nebraska fans and a letter from a Colorado fan and then a few other letters here and there made coach Holder decide that he didn't want it done. Larry fought for it, and he lost that battle. He says that Weiberg and Shrum are both 100% for it and that's why we've got it back.

Yes!! I heard this happened and was hoping it was real and going to stick around for a while!

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok

On November 27th can Larry say "third down upcoming for the land thieves"?

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
So, the Cheez it bowl is bad, maybe we can make the Playstation Bowl. Bedowngrading a bowl game because some one paid big money to attach their name to it is the epitome of stupidity.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

On November 27th can Larry say "third down upcoming for the land thieves"?
I would like that but you might have to bring it up to Shrum and Weiberg.