Official Game Thread: Missouri State vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
One thing I am curious about, why did we go away from the screen pass to the RB? We ran it back-to-back plays and got good yardage. First time was called back for holding IIRC. It seemed like one of the few plays where our RBs broke through.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Hopefully the reports that Sanders is way ahead of Illingworth are accurate. Because Illingworth was less than impressive.
I think that’s a bit harsh given the circumstances. First, with most of our o-line he needs to be more mobile and he’s just not wired that way. Second, he’s the backup for a reason, and we didn’t really ask or expect him to take over the starting job last night. Just keep us in the game and don’t lose it, and based on his stats, even with one pick, I’d say he was at least a bit above average. Translation: our problems last night were not the result of Illingworth.

Jul 31, 2008
Lots of head scratching by those refs (who should be considered doing auditions for P4):

1. our punt team touches the ball at the 2, MOST knocks the ball into end zone (maybe, looked to stay out), tackled in end zone or 1 yard line, should be MOST ball at the 2. They gave them the 20 as a touch back
2. Called false start and delay of game on same play. Impossible. Either false start kills the play or the false start happens after the clock runs out. You can't have both on the same play.
3. At end of game w less than 2 min, MOST player is injured. So there should be a 20 sec run off or MOST needs to use a time out. Nothing. Just let them stop the clock w/o doing a darn thing. Happened twice.
4. Then same drive, they play clock never started. Was at 25 sec while they were in the huddle, broke, and snapped the play. Never moved. Now was correct that they game clock didn't start, but they had all day to look at our defense , call plays and get the play off.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I think that’s a bit harsh given the circumstances. First, with most of our o-line he needs to be more mobile and he’s just not wired that way. Second, he’s the backup for a reason, and we didn’t really ask or expect him to take over the starting job last night. Just keep us in the game and don’t lose it, and based on his stats, even with one pick, I’d say he was at least a bit above average. Translation: our problems last night were not the result of Illingworth.
We get upset with Illingworth throwing one interception but seem happy when Sanders only has three or four.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Lots of head scratching by those refs (who should be considered doing auditions for P4):

1. our punt team touches the ball at the 2, MOST knocks the ball into end zone (maybe, looked to stay out), tackled in end zone or 1 yard line, should be MOST ball at the 2. They gave them the 20 as a touch back
2. Called false start and delay of game on same play. Impossible. Either false start kills the play or the false start happens after the clock runs out. You can't have both on the same play.
3. At end of game w less than 2 min, MOST player is injured. So there should be a 20 sec run off or MOST needs to use a time out. Nothing. Just let them stop the clock w/o doing a darn thing. Happened twice.
4. Then same drive, they play clock never started. Was at 25 sec while they were in the huddle, broke, and snapped the play. Never moved. Now was correct that they game clock didn't start, but they had all day to look at our defense , call plays and get the play off.
and the running into vs roughing punter ? If you hit the plant leg it is roughing . the MOST player hit both. The way Hutton kind of goes into the fetal position in mid-air after he kicks, you almost have to hit both.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
He got sacked once, maybe 1 hurry. Exactly how mobile did he have to be?

Oct 30, 2007

We definitely didn't have an A-team officiating crew. They were pretty bad. Anyone with basic football knowledge knows that you can't have a false start and delay of game at the same time.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
We run a Jr. high offense...how many actual plays do we have 12-15 maybe?? How many passes are thrown between the numbers, how many to a TE, how many misdirection runs, how many sweeps? Our offense is pretty easy to defene, especially the run game we have hand off right and hand off left...no imagination.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
We run a Jr. high offense...how many actual plays do we have 12-15 maybe?? How many passes are thrown between the numbers, how many to a TE, how many misdirection runs, how many sweeps? Our offense is pretty easy to defene, especially the run game we have hand off right and hand off left...no imagination.
Is this post from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, or 2020? Hard to tell since the exact problems have persisted since then, and our fans are too stupid/delusional to understand that we won't have anything better until Gundy changes or leaves. He isn't going to change. He's proven that. Bottom line is that he and our more loyal fans are perfectly fine with mediocrity, and that's not a system I can support, particularly when the guy running the system makes millions of dollars.

There are far better uses of time than to support our clown of a HC. And I'd encourage anyone who's on the fence to give it a try. It's weird at first, but it's nice knowing you've invested your time into something more productive.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
Is this post from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, or 2020? Hard to tell since the exact problems have persisted since then, and our fans are too stupid/delusional to understand that we won't have anything better until Gundy changes or leaves. He isn't going to change. He's proven that. Bottom line is that he and our more loyal fans are perfectly fine with mediocrity, and that's not a system I can support, particularly when the guy running the system makes millions of dollars.

There are far better uses of time than to support our clown of a HC. And I'd encourage anyone who's on the fence to give it a try. It's weird at first, but it's nice knowing you've invested your time into something more productive.
Yeah I used to be one who complained about the OC's, but the last 4 have looked EXACTLY the same, same play calls, same plays...so there is only one person who can restrict them. You can't tell me any major college OC's don't want to throw slants, seams or crossing patterns, or throw to a TE 3-4 times a game??? It's getting ridiculous.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Which is why he went to the offense that gave us so much success. Now he’s abandoned it. Makes no sense.
This is Gundy offense to begin with.
Gundy / Fedora Offense is Robinson / Bobby Reid / Alex Cate / JW Walsh /SS type.

When Alex Cate was 0 of fore-ever ....and Brandon Weeden came and did his Offense rpior to Dana Holgerson.

Gundy was forced to hire Dana to suit Weeden Offense, and Weeden coached the next OC after Dana left.

That Weeden-Dana Offense were inherited by Chelf, Mason Rudolph and Cornellius.
there was a discontinuity between Corndog and S. Illingwoth as Corndog left before SI hit the campus and we were changing OC upon OC during that period.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Fly left
Fly right
Swing left
Swing right
Sideline left
Sideline right
Handoff left
Handoff right