Official Game Thread: Missouri State vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
Welcome back, football. We missed you.

Last year didn't feel like a real season. Sure, there was 25% capacity and whatnot, but it still felt like a game being played in test mode. The whole season felt like a dream in a way: sort of fuzzy and hard to get a real read on. All the while, a pandemic raged around the country, and people lost friends, co-workers, neighbors and loved ones. Football didn't seem to matter as much.

Make no mistake about it: the pandemic is still a problem. Please get vaccinated if you can, and wear a mask when prudent. It not only might save your life, but it might save someone else's life. And somewhere down the list of priorities, we'd like to return to something resembling normal and have a full football season. Football isn't the same without the fans and the band, without the noise and the pulse of the stadium beating fully. When the campus stands empty and free of the smell of charcoal, or the sound of exclamations of fury or glee as a bean-bag clears a cornhole board, it's just not the same. The games aren't as fun to look forward to when there's no chance to walk across the beautiful grounds of the university and get offered a few plates and more than a few brews (not to mention a mixed drink or jello shot or four). And the day seems just a little less fulfilling when you can't watch a bunch of kids galavanting around in their brand new shirts, jerseys, and/hats from the Union, or Chris' University Spirit, or Eskimo Joe's, or made by hand at home, experiencing a game day in a way they never quite will again as they take in the sights and sounds from a kids' perspective and develop a lasting love for a game and a school that they might come back to and get a degree from someday.

Last season should have taught us one thing if it taught us nothing else: the balance that football, and game day atmospheres hang upon is a delicate one, and it can vanish in an instant. Let's do what we can to keep our game days great, not just for ourselves, but for our friends and neighbors.

Oh, and let's make it 9 straight against Missouri State.

Go Pokes! Beat the Bears!

Missouri State University Bears vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 6 PM CDT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK

2021Records
MSU 0-0 (0-0), OSU 0-0 (0-0)
OSU leads the series, 8-0
TV: ESPN+ (streaming only)
Suddenlink: N/A
DirecTV: N/A

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
: http://okla.st/osutunein

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

MSU Roster

MSU Game Notes

Oct 30, 2007
Avoided car fire on I 80 and the Nebraska fans going to watch a heated contest with Fordham. On track again for the promise land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Forecast to be a bit cooler at game time than originally thought and a chance of rain. Better than sitting in a very very hot stadium. Should be fun! Go Pokes!

From what I understand MSU coach doesn't care about rules and has 15 D1 power 5 transfers including his QB who has wins over Oregon and Colorado already on his resume...also I hear TO's son plays for them. This is NOT a push over...we need to bring it as fans.

They played in the spring and won their last four in a row including wins over South Dakota. They were bounced out of the playoff by North Dakota. This isn't a slouch...we should win by a few touchdowns but they are better than KU and maybe a few others on our schedule....Can't sleep on the bears.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Holy crap what kind of dog and pony channel is ESPN+? Just learned my Visio TV (1 year old) is not compatible. All while one of the ESPN channels I have is playing US Open Tennis the entire first Saturday of college football.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Traber just mentioned SS being out. I knew that was rumor but has it been confirmed?
I've heard it several times. Every time in connection with the SA. Googled yesterday and found nothing.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
OU down 7-0 to Tulane early. Rattler threw a pick and Tulane QB picked OUs defense apart. I know it’s not going to last but it’s hilarious to watch. Go Tulane!