Official Game Thread: Kansas State vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Man I don't know. The conference looks weak all the way around this year. With TCU losing to SMU, Baylor beating Iowa State, and ou needing a last second field goal to score 16. I think KState is a solid team, we just caught them without Skylar Thompson. If we keep getting guys back throughout the year, I don't see any game where we are truly outclassed. Maybe we got the injuries out of the way early this year, and it will pay off down the stretch. I really think we need to figure out a way to get Etienne playing at RT though.
I'm not saying we would be "outclassed", rather, we have plenty of games remaining where some of this shell game/play not to lose offense just won't cut it; including Baylor, at Texas, at West Virginia, and Oklahoma.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
https://twitter.com/cowboyfb/status/1441965854090936332?s=21

That right there is just one of the many reasons I love coach Gundy and love being an OSU Cowboy alum. While this is going on in our locker room, the entitled Sooner bandwagon fans are booing their talented quarterback off the field during a win. Even though the real problems with their team are not the quarterback.

I also loved the interview after the game with Spencer Sanders. Never forget this is about the kids on the field, not a bunch of fans who derive their self-worth from the outcome of a football game. Sanders will not be the greatest quarterback to play at our school when he leaves, but it was obvious after that interview that he would walk through burning coals and crawl through broken glass for this team and that’s enough for me to be his biggest fan going forward! You think you love OSU? Spencer Sanders LOVES Oklahoma State!

Last edited:

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
https://twitter.com/cowboyfb/status/1441965854090936332?s=21

That right there is just one of the many reasons I love coach Gundy and love being an OSU Cowboy alum. While this is going on in our locker room, the entitled Sooner bandwagon fans are booing their talented quarterback off the field during a win. Even though the real problems with their team are not the quarterback.

I also loved the interview after the game with Spencer Sanders. Never forget this is about the kids on the field, not a bunch of fans who derive there self worth from the outcome of a football game. Sanders will not be the greatest quarterback to play at our school when he leaves, but it was obvious after that interview that he would walk through burning coals and crawl through broken glass for this team and that’s enough for me to be his biggest fan going forward! You think you love OSU? Spencer Sanders LOVES Oklahoma State!
I don't have Twitter so I have no idea what was in the tweets. But I did hear Coach talking about what a good attitude Spencer has. He mentioned that no matter what hand he's dealt he never complains and doesn't blame anyone else for his problems. He's not the most talented QB We have had but I'm rooting for him just as hard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
Our identity being wrapped up in Bedlam is a misinterpretation. We’re wrapped up in winning the Big XII and the only way that’s going to happen is to have some Bedlam success. Having said that I hope we never play them again except in a playoff game.
Six hours of one, half a dozen of the other. People can’t let a win just be a win. The OU comparisons are just the most infuriating of a bad bunch.

The road to the title always goes through the holders, and that’s almost always OU. This isn’t up for debate, but what grinds my gears is when a good, impressive win gets pissed all over the night of because “if we play like that against OU/Texas/flavor of the week dark horse, we will surely lose”.

Well, that’s why we play the games one at a time, I guess.

Oct 30, 2007
Our identity being wrapped up in Bedlam is a misinterpretation. We’re wrapped up in winning the Big XII and the only way that’s going to happen is to have some Bedlam success. Having said that I hope we never play them again except in a playoff game.
Six hours of one, half a dozen of the other. People can’t let a win just be a win. The OU comparisons are just the most infuriating of a bad bunch.

The road to the title always goes through the holders, and that’s almost always OU. This isn’t up for debate, but what grinds my gears is when a good, impressive win gets pissed all over the night of because “if we play like that against OU/Texas/flavor of the week dark horse, we will surely lose”.

Well, that’s why we play the games one at a time, I guess.
if we play that first half for two halves, we can beat OU and I wish we would have the chance every year in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
I'm not saying we would be "outclassed", rather, we have plenty of games remaining where some of this shell game/play not to lose offense just won't cut it; including Baylor, at Texas, at West Virginia, and Oklahoma.
Yea, I probably read too much into your comment, but I don't think we went conservative in the second half. We had several explosive plays, we just didn't execute well enough to score. Got to clean that up, but as we get guys back and the line starts to gel, I think we can. But it's clear the D is the half of the team we're going to ride this year, and with that being the case, we've gotta get the field goal kicking right. If we're going to win close games with defense, we better be able to hit a couple long field goals.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Let move forward on a win over K State, top 20 ranking and beating Baylor!
We're looking at playing ranked teams for the next 3 games, take Baylor at home, then a bye weak to heal up, then at UT and at ISU. Even if we come out of those with 1 loss, we'll still be competing for a ccg appearance. I'm pretty excited about it, not gonna let the Billy Butthurts ruin my pleasure. GO POKES!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We're looking at playing ranked teams for the next 3 games, take Baylor at home, then a bye weak to heal up, then at UT and at ISU. Even if we come out of those with 1 loss, we'll still be competing for a ccg appearance. I'm pretty excited about it, not gonna let the Billy Butthurts ruin my pleasure. GO POKES!
We are getting a little better every week and I expect more of the same with Baylor coming in. This is a HUGE game next week with our first top 25 match up of the year...well our second if you include KSU....but you get my drift! Time to pack the house and bring the noise! Going to be a fun night in BPS next week. Go Pokes!!!

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
We are getting a little better every week and I expect more of the same with Baylor coming in. This is a HUGE game next week with our first top 25 match up of the year...well our second if you include KSU....but you get my drift! Time to pack the house and bring the noise! Going to be a fun night in BPS next week. Go Pokes!!!
We're about to play 4 ranked conference teams in a row, only one of which is ou or UTerus, we are in the top 20, but our conference is weak. SMH

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Yea, I probably read too much into your comment, but I don't think we went conservative in the second half. We had several explosive plays, we just didn't execute well enough to score. Got to clean that up, but as we get guys back and the line starts to gel, I think we can. But it's clear the D is the half of the team we're going to ride this year, and with that being the case, we've gotta get the field goal kicking right. If we're going to win close games with defense, we better be able to hit a couple long field goals.
We didn’t go totally conservative in the second half, but we most certainly came closer to it than we were in the first half. Increasingly we just seemed to revert back to the basic running plays and sideline passes, two of which the corner easily jumped and nearly took it for six. Not too much, but I was beginning to get a little uncomfortable with it. Otherwise I like your comments, particularly about the FGs. And at this point, they don’t really have to be long for me to worry. I’ll be sweating if we need him to kick even a 30 yarder for the game.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
It's all about execution next week. Defense will do fine. If the offense does like it did in the first half we will be fine. If we see the dropped passes and (occasionally bs) penalties and missed kicks then Baylor is going to be a dogfight. I've not thought much about baylor so far because literally their best win until yesterday was Kansas but although Iowa State was overrated they aren't awful and rape state was the better team. I think it's a game that if we are firing on all cylinders should be just as easy as this week but the offense has exactly one good half plus about 4 awesome minutes against BSU of football. It's a game we shouldn't worry about but could still be in trouble if we aren't up to task.

After that we get a bye which should help us get healthy and then we play Texas. We go in there undefeated with a top 15ish rank and that might be a night game. They have the best running back in the country but their defense sucks. We may have the best run defense in the country and our offense sometimes sucks. That one is something casual fans will be into.

Dec 17, 2011
These transfers coming in will help us in the future. They are putting on a show and we have had some good transfers in the past but nothing like this so far where they are our offense

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
Spencer Sanders had a great game Saturday. I’m hoping his struggles through the first couple games were due lack of practice because of Covid protocols and the lack of 1st string WRs on the field. Saturday he can prove he’s turned a corner. Baylor will be a tough game.

This may sound crazy, but these early injuries may be making us a better football team. We needed to focus running the ball better and the players deep in the depth chart got some meaningful game experience.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
We're about to play 4 ranked conference teams in a row, only one of which is ou or UTerus, we are in the top 20, but our conference is weak. SMH
Wow if even Kansas is going to be a ranked opponent, then man that's not a weak conference I would say. /Sarcasm.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk