Official Game Thread: Kansas State vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I don't think KSU is top 25 talent, but what do I know. I do know that we are not even remotely close to being top 25 good. We barely squeaked by 3 teams we should've throttled. TU seems to be a decent team, but I believe that both OSU's sucks badly beyond belief. Regardless of the 5 and 4 stars that is Ohio State, they are terrible this year.

I do know that KSU is a much better than the three we've already played. By going off that, I cannot help but to think that we will not win the game. Our offense suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Easily the worst offense since Gundy's first year helming the HC position. Well, maybe 3rd worse.. ahem when Troy made us look like the worst FBS team of that 2007 season.

IMO, the jury is still out on how good our defense really is. We'll know tomorrow.

KSU: 35 - OSU: 7

Our offense doesn't come close to sniffing 200 yards. Let's hope it does. But, come on.. unless many miracles happen, we won't have more than 200. If the offense does, it won't be much more than 200.
To the persons who gave above post a zzzz reaction, you're a star. Take a bow, good sir(s). May y'all frolic throughout the livelong day. You're a champ in my book regardless of what people say to me about y'all.

I'll be sure to tag y'all after KSU curb stomps the hell out of OSU. Having said that, I sincerely hope I'll be able to eat a huge plate of crow after the game.
How’s this aging?

And the crow? Gonna eat it in front of us all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalki

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Good win. Offense was dominant in the first half and did what they had to do in the 2nd. Couple of dropped passes and missed field goals kept it from being a blowout but solid with where it was over midway through the 4th

Shoutout to the offensive for being perfect in the first half and despite the lack of scoring effective in the 2nd half. They had a lucky fluke play to make it a 2 score play but otherwise the defense was great.

This win feels like a win

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The only reason I could see a lot of points is because nobody, including myself, expects it. This almost feels like one of those things that has to go the way everyone knows it won't.

I'm going to be a rebel. OSU 37 - K State 17

Come at me bro.
If the Skipper hits his field goals or we bother to get that last TD I was almost money.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
2nd game in a row where SS did NOT turn the ball over. Is this a 1st ever?
Could be.

For the year he's 43-73 (59% needs to be higher) with 4TD and 1INT. Also 120 yards rushing with 2TD.

Tonight's offense seemed to really fit his skill set. Just the one wasted deep ball (almost picked off) and lots of intermediate throws in the windows of the zone that were very effective.

A step in the right direction for Spencer and the offense. Just have to avoid those lulls and keep executing.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
This is where we need to give credit where it is due. All of us that have told Gundy how to fix the offense were finally heard. I'm giving it up to all of us that have called for going over the middle, not running into the middle of the d-line, and utilizing the cowboy back. Gundy knew we are valid founts of football knowledge.

ArizonaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
Because we stopped playing aggressively for like 5 straight possessions. Guys get complacent and start going through the motions. Then they randomly have to start up again after being on the shelf for a bit. They got out of rhythm.
Didn’t watch the second half but several people mentioned the offense went into a shell. That is no surprise. That is what Gundy does when he has a lead. I maintain that is one reason we are so bad against OU. If we try and deviate from the Gundy shell strategy in a big game our players are being asked to do something different than what they have done all season. Now Gundy wins the majority of the games he goes into the shell, but it won’t work against OU and if he tries to be aggressive the team is in unfamiliar territory and struggle to execute under the pressure.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Because we stopped playing aggressively for like 5 straight possessions. Guys get complacent and start going through the motions. Then they randomly have to start up again after being on the shelf for a bit. They got out of rhythm.
Didn’t watch the second half but several people mentioned the offense went into a shell. That is no surprise. That is what Gundy does when he has a lead. I maintain that is one reason we are so bad against OU. If we try and deviate from the Gundy shell strategy in a big game our players are being asked to do something different than what they have done all season. Now Gundy wins the majority of the games he goes into the shell, but it won’t work against OU and if he tries to be aggressive the team is in unfamiliar territory and struggle to execute under the pressure.
Several people either lied or are blind. Poor execution and penalties killed us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
This is where we need to give credit where it is due. All of us that have told Gundy how to fix the offense were finally heard. I'm giving it up to all of us that have called for going over the middle, not running into the middle of the d-line, and utilizing the cowboy back. Gundy knew we are valid founts of football knowledge.
Behold, when an uneducated fantasy crosses paths with well managed opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
I can’t wait until we’re not in the same conference as OU, so that we can start to cultivate a generation of fans who can appreciate a solid win in conference without immediately wringing their hands about the style points of it and how it will translate to the OU game.