Official Game Thread: Kansas State vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
Ugly wins are still wins, but this one might top them all if the Cowboys prevail.

These two teams fancy themselves defense-first teams so far this year, that prefer to run. OSU found some legs up in Boise, and now it's time to put them to a much bigger test to open up conference play. These games with K-State are always grinders, so I hope everyone is ready to fire up the streaming service and hold on tight. This has all the makings of a good old fashioned slobberknocker. First team to bring its passing game (Sanders' limited involvement so far, KSU on their back-up QB) probably comes out ahead at the end, and with a leg up in the conference title game race.

Go Pokes! Beat the Wildcats!

Kansas State University Wildcats vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday, September 25, 2021, 6:00 PM CDT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
2021 Records
KSU 3-0 (0-0), OSU 3-0 (0-0)
OSU leads the series, 41-26
TV: ESPN+ (streaming only, subscription required)
Suddenlink: N/A
DirecTV: N/A

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 119, XM 200, SXM App 954
: http://okla.st/osutunein

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

KSU Roster

KSU Game Notes

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Orange Friday. Having a good feeling about tomorrow. Was impressed about last weeks win. In the second half, we were able to sustain drives which allowed our defense to rest a little. We are starting to see a resemblance of a run game in Jalen Warren. Just need our WRs back and we might have a decent offense to compliment our excellent defense.

GO POKES

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
The over/under is set at 46.5. This may be the lowest O/U of the Gundy era. If our WR's aren't healthy, I would be inclined to take the under. We're going to have to minimize the mistakes tomorrow, because this game could end up being really tight.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The over/under is set at 46.5. This may be the lowest O/U of the Gundy era. If our WR's aren't healthy, I would be inclined to take the under. We're going to have to minimize the mistakes tomorrow, because this game could end up being really tight.
The only reason I could see a lot of points is because nobody, including myself, expects it. This almost feels like one of those things that has to go the way everyone knows it won't.

I'm going to be a rebel. OSU 37 - K State 17

Come at me bro.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
The only reason I could see a lot of points is because nobody, including myself, expects it. This almost feels like one of those things that has to go the way everyone knows it won't.

I'm going to be a rebel. OSU 37 - K State 17

Come at me bro.
Sooo 2 defensive scores and a kick return for a touchdown (again)? :huh: I LIKE!:love:

Oct 29, 2016
US
I don't think KSU is top 25 talent, but what do I know. I do know that we are not even remotely close to being top 25 good. We barely squeaked by 3 teams we should've throttled. TU seems to be a decent team, but I believe that both OSU's sucks badly beyond belief. Regardless of the 5 and 4 stars that is Ohio State, they are terrible this year.

I do know that KSU is a much better than the three we've already played. By going off that, I cannot help but to think that we will not win the game. Our offense suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Easily the worst offense since Gundy's first year helming the HC position. Well, maybe 3rd worse.. ahem when Troy made us look like the worst FBS team of that 2007 season.

IMO, the jury is still out on how good our defense really is. We'll know tomorrow.

KSU: 35 - OSU: 7

Our offense doesn't come close to sniffing 200 yards. Let's hope it does. But, come on.. unless many miracles happen, we won't have more than 200. If the offense does, it won't be much more than 200.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I don't think KSU is top 25 talent, but what do I know. I do know that we are not even remotely close to being top 25 good. We barely squeaked by 3 teams we should've throttled. TU seems to be a decent team, but I believe that both OSU's sucks badly beyond belief. Regardless of the 5 and 4 stars that is Ohio State, they are terrible this year.

I do know that KSU is a much better than the three we've already played. By going off that, I cannot help but to think that we will not win the game. Our offense suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Easily the worst offense since Gundy's first year helming the HC position. Well, maybe 3rd worse.. ahem when Troy made us look like the worst FBS team of that 2007 season.

IMO, the jury is still out on how good our defense really is. We'll know tomorrow.

Our offense doesn't come close to sniffing 200 yards. Let's hope it does. But, come on.. unless many miracles happen, we won't have more than 200. If the offense does, it won't be much more than 200.
Guess you don’t expect anyone to come back from injury… which is contrary to reports. I think we’ll have a lot more options offensively and be multidimensional with the return of several receivers. The offensive line looks MUCH better last week. I don’t think KSU will be able to do enough with their backup against our defense.

OSU 33 - KSU 24

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Ugly wins are still wins, but this one might top them all if the Cowboys prevail.

These two teams fancy themselves defense-first teams so far this year, that prefer to run. OSU found some legs up in Boise, and now it's time to put them to a much bigger test to open up conference play. These games with K-State are always grinders, so I hope everyone is ready to fire up the streaming service and hold on tight. This has all the makings of a good old fashioned slobberknocker. First team to bring its passing game (Sanders' limited involvement so far, KSU on their back-up QB) probably comes out ahead at the end, and with a leg up in the conference title game race.

Go Pokes! Beat the Wildcats!

Kansas State University Wildcats vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday, September 25, 2021, 6:00 PM CDT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
2021 Records
KSU 3-0 (0-0), OSU 3-0 (0-0)
OSU leads the series, 41-26
TV: ESPN+ (streaming only, subscription required)
Suddenlink: N/A
DirecTV: N/A

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 119, XM 200, SXM App 954
: http://okla.st/osutunein

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

KSU Roster

KSU Game Notes
TuneIn is a premium service for sports now. I honestly can't figure out how to pay for it either.
Use the Varsity Network app.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I am probably going to change my pick a couple of times before kick-off It would be nice to know who will be playing WR tomorrow. Is Tay Martin back?
you aren't going to get a factual answer until tomorrow evening.
I'm predicting Tay and Bray are both back. Maybe even 1 or 2 others.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Guess you don’t expect anyone to come back from injury… which is contrary to reports. I think we’ll have a lot more options offensively and be multidimensional with the return of several receivers. The offensive line looks MUCH better last week. I don’t think KSU will be able to do enough with their backup against our defense.

OSU 33 - KSU 24
A key to the rest of our season is keeping the OL healthy. Seems like we have played with a patchwork line forever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Orange Friday. Having a good feeling about tomorrow. Was impressed about last weeks win. In the second half, we were able to sustain drives which allowed our defense to rest a little. We are starting to see a resemblance of a run game in Jalen Warren. Just need our WRs back and we might have a decent offense to compliment our excellent defense.

GO POKES
You realize that all points came in the first half and we were shut out in the 2nd half by a Mountain West defense. I'm all for optimism but there was nothing impressive about that 2nd half. As a matter of fact from an offensive perspective that may have been the ugliest half of football in the Gundy era. May not need to score a lot against K-State but I don't feel good riding a defense that has lost it's 2 best players for the season. Sustaining drives without scoring points is not going to cut it against the better teams. C'mon 'O' step it up tomorrow!