Official Game Thread: Baylor vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
So, are we the real deal?

Sorry if you already answered this. I'm just now reading the game thread. Figured I'd read this and then watch the Big Dave replay.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I think it’s still hard to tell. Texas will be the benchmark for the season imho.
It's funny I heard people say last week that Baylor would be the benchmark. And I was responding to ninja poke actually who said this would be the real deal if we won the Baylor game.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Teams are always really good until we beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Teams are always really good until we beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I seem to remember people saying Baylor was lucky to beat Iowa St. and Iowa St. was overrated. Baylor just isn’t very good. I’m hopeful we’ll see an inspired offense and an inspired offensive coaching staff for the Texas game.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Stop the hyperbole. I don't hate Gundy. I hate some very specific things about the way he manages our games, his lazy approach to staffing, and his defeatist mindset in recruiting.
I feel like you hate yourself, and you use this message board as some kind of therapy for that.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I never thought Baylor would be the benchmark. They are horrible. We should have won by more than we did, but the game plan right now doesn’t allow for that.
Saturday September 25th
Horrible Baylor - 31
#14 Iowa State - 29

Saturday October 2nd
#21 "Horrible Baylor - 14
#18 Oklahoma State - 24 (with three INT's we still won by 10 over a top 25 team...is what it is)

I'm not saying they are world beaters, but neither is anyone in this conference. We have an opportunity to win or lose every remaining game sans KU. I expect us to win KU, TCU, Tech, ISU, WVU and maybe Texas...If we do that Katy bar the door for Bedlam in Stillwater in, maybe, the last football meeting between the two schools for a while. However that's getting way ahead of ourselves...let's just enjoy the off week and hope for green pastures in Austin in two weeks.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2006
Spencer's going to Spencer. He didn't get motivated against Tulsa until they started chanting for Shane. The bad part is that with the way our offense is set up I'm not sure baby mullet isn't the defecto 2nd string qb, putting Illingworth in might be 20 something abuse.
We really need for Spencer to figure it out and take that next step. He has the tools to be elite but just can't quite get there. He's probably going to be around for another season so it would be monumental for our program if he can become a top tier guy.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
One again, does anyone know Logan Carters status? Hoping we get him back soon...we need a big TE type to go to the next level offensively...we are missing transfer Woods on that side of the ball.

Jan 14, 2006
We really need for Spencer to figure it out and take that next step. He has the tools to be elite but just can't quite get there. He's probably going to be around for another season so it would be monumental for our program if he can become a top tier guy.
I hope it is something Coach Rattay and Spencer can address and fix over the bye week.

I'm optimistic since just the week before the kid was throwing dimes all across the field and making every read.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
He's been in the program for four years. I think he's progressed about as far as he's going to.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
One again, does anyone know Logan Carters status? Hoping we get him back soon...we need a big TE type to go to the next level offensively...we are missing transfer Woods on that side of the ball.
Supposedly they're putting Silas Barr in to play CW. I don't recall seeing him in the Baylor game. All we really need is a big body that can move and block.

marvin7

Greenhorn
Dec 12, 2020
OKC
He's been in the program for four years. I think he's progressed about as far as he's going to.
Don't tell that to every NFL team who's ever drafted a 21 year old QB with 2.25 years of starting experience and 1 year on the bench. They'll be quite irritated to know there was never any room for growth, after all.

On a side note, am I the last one to notice SSanders has almost identical passing stats for 2019 and 2020? It's one of the darndest things I've ever seen, stat related at least. ...exactly 155 for 247 both years. 2065 vs. 2007 total yards, and 145.4 vs. 143.2 rating for 2019 and 2020, respectively. Furthermore, at this season's current yards-per-attempt pace, and in the unlikely scenario that he finishes with exactly 247 passes again, he'll post just over 2000 yards passing, just like the previous two years.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Saturday September 25th
Horrible Baylor - 31
#14 Iowa State - 29

Saturday October 2nd
#21 "Horrible Baylor - 14
#18 Oklahoma State - 24 (with three INT's we still won by 10 over a top 25 team...is what it is)

I'm not saying they are world beaters, but neither is anyone in this conference. We have an opportunity to win or lose every remaining game sans KU. I expect us to win KU, TCU, Tech, ISU, WVU and maybe Texas...If we do that Katy bar the door for Bedlam in Stillwater in, maybe, the last football meeting between the two schools for a while. However that's getting way ahead of ourselves...let's just enjoy the off week and hope for green pastures in Austin in two weeks.
All I was saying was I think Texass will be the benchmark ‍♂️

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
Spencer can’t be fixed, at least not to the point that he’ll reach his potential. His mechanics are horrible and he hasn’t shown the ability to go thru progressions. Fans just need to sit back and cheer for the occasional success. The reality is he’s the best we have on campus.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Spencer can’t be fixed, at least not to the point that he’ll reach his potential. His mechanics are horrible and he hasn’t shown the ability to go thru progressions. Fans just need to sit back and cheer for the occasional success. The reality is he’s the best we have on campus.
Is he really the BEST we have though?

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
Yes, he’s the best the Pokes have. SI doesn’t appear to be the answer. The OU game that he was put into last year may have damaged his psyche. I thought SI looked much better in his early appearances last year, but he looked poor earlier this year and arm strength was suspect.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
A
Yes, he’s the best the Pokes have. SI doesn’t appear to be the answer. The OU game that he was put into last year may have damaged his psyche. I thought SI looked much better in his early appearances last year, but he looked poor earlier this year and arm strength was suspect.
Agree to disagree. I hope the SS can learn to lead an offense soon.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Supposedly they're putting Silas Barr in to play CW. I don't recall seeing him in the Baylor game. All we really need is a big body that can move and block.
I remember spotting him a couple of times, was useful against Kstate too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
I hope it is something Coach Rattay and Spencer can address and fix over the bye week.

I'm optimistic since just the week before the kid was throwing dimes all across the field and making every read.
this is what is scary. pretty simple mechanics were horrible. his arm motion is simply bad, very slow release. then, he throws off his back foot. Rattay has to tweak without doing the whole new golf swing thing. picks were all high throws. you cannot adjust the plan for that as it eliminates the middle of the field and then you will not score.

no idea if Shane is better, that is the coaches job. so, if he is not better then that is still on the coaches for bad recruiting.

in the end, SS should be on very short leash. one bad high throw over the middle, pick or not, and he has to be out of the texas game. at that time, you have to give the other guy a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk