Official Game Thread: Baylor vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
The crazy thing about Texas vs Arkansas was how much Arkansas overpowered Texas. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to do that exactly, but the interior of this oline are true bullies. The defense is obviously phenomenal, we’ve going more 4 light down defensive linemen recently. I wonder what if we go back to more 3 DL but have Lacy playing more on the edge so we can bring another heavy in to slow down Bijan. Having said that Jernigan and Brock have both been really good when in.

The other thing that’s going to work in our favor here is the timing. We’re coming off a bye and they’ll be coming off RR. OU found something this week in there run game so I’m wondering if that’s going to be a crazy physical one. We’ll be fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
5-0 and 2 wins in a row against ranked opponents. Take it up with the AP voters.
Our record stands for itself. I'm not complaining about the W's.

I just find our style of play boring to watch and very limiting to our potential. At this point, its worse than watching Big 10 football. Back when we had our up-tempo spread offense, everyone was bashing Big 10 and SEC for being these plodding, boring games. Now all of a sudden that style is fun to watch? Not for me. It wasn't fun back then, and it isn't fun now.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
However, I think we need to give a huge shoutout to Coach Dickey. Warren is getting a ton of credit, and a lot of that is deserved, but there are some absolutely massive holes being paved by our Oline. The 3 interior guys are absolutely throwing people around.

The blocking schemes have vastly improved. First three games we just stood and blocked, now there are specific blocks to make holes or creases in the line.

It seemed that Hunter got pushed back into the backfield a lot last night. What did others see?

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Y
The blocking schemes have vastly improved. First three games we just stood and blocked, now there are specific blocks to make holes or creases in the line.

It seemed that Hunter got pushed back into the backfield a lot last night. What did others see?

Yeah, the O-line seems very good at creating holes for the runner. But leaves much to be desired when it comes to pass protection.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
However, I think we need to give a huge shoutout to Coach Dickey. Warren is getting a ton of credit, and a lot of that is deserved, but there are some absolutely massive holes being paved by our Oline. The 3 interior guys are absolutely throwing people around.
I'm about to leave the house, or I'd do it myself, but someone should look at his YPC by quarter to see where he did the most damage. Would be interesting to see if we got most of those yards before they started loading the box or after, and if the continual pounding of the rock wore Baylor down or our own team down.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
The kid won't last like that, not only the number of carries, but every one of his are like head on car wrecks. I was surprised Richardson didn't get more of those carries, he was running well also.
At the rate we’re running him, he’ll be gassed in November. Happened to Chuba in 2019. With LD out having surgery on his meniscus, and who knows when Dez will be back, we need to use Richardson. He should’ve had at least 15 carries yesterday IMO.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
5-0 and 2 wins in a row against ranked opponents. Take it up with the AP voters.
Agree 100%, but just as a supplement to your comment some of the things I saw last night just won’t cut it as we progress through the schedule. Particularly, can’t have 3 picks and can’t go into a shell again and just hope your defense keeps you in it. Definitely not pissed off or think it’s all gloom and doom, rather, just hoping they polish that stuff up.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

I just find our style of play boring to watch and very limiting to our potential. At this point, its worse than watching Big 10 football. Back when we had our up-tempo spread offense, everyone was bashing Big 10 and SEC for being these plodding, boring games. Now all of a sudden that style is fun to watch? Not for me. It wasn't fun back then, and it isn't fun now.
When Sanders threw those interceptions that was not fun to watch, but it wasn't uninspired boring offense either. When Baylor took over on OUR 31 and 36 on those two drives, then we got some exciting football. Twice they started a drive in, or very close to, field goal range. Twice we held them to negative yards on each drive that ended in punts. No points in any of that football, but still a lot of fun to watch.

Exciting football doesn't always come in the form of high flying offense.

Sep 16, 2015
stillwater
The complaint is the inability to extend the defense... We trade arm for legs with Sanders(ball safety has ALWAYS been an issue also),,, this means we have to run our backs ,& worse our QB through a condensed WALL of tacklers... BBBBBUUUUTTTT!!! 5-0 just keep winning...

Hats off to the Defense...

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX

The offense was already boring and predictable, but I think we’re to the point now that the coaches are scared to let Sanders throw much. He’s a TO machine. So what you saw last night is what you’ll be seeing for the rest of the season.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
The offense was already boring and predictable, but I think we’re to the point now that the coaches are scared to let Sanders throw much. He’s a TO machine. So what you saw last night is what you’ll be seeing for the rest of the season.
If you’re right, Texas beats us convincingly.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
For some reason, we have struggled against Baylor. Last 6 meetings, we only won twice (2017 and 2020). Not sure what it is about them. Since 2015 they have had 4 different coaches (Briles, intern guy, Matt Rhule, Arnada) and yet we only manage to win twice since then.

I believe this is our biggest test to date. Much bigger than Kansas state. If we win this game, I believe this cowboy team might be the real deal. Just hope we have some of the injured guys back in healthy tomorrow night. Either way, I believe the good guys will get it done tomorrow

GO POKES
So, are we the real deal?

Sorry if you already answered this. I'm just now reading the game thread. Figured I'd read this and then watch the Big Dave replay.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2008
SC

Sorry if you already answered this. I'm just now reading the game thread. Figured I'd read this and then watch the Big Dave replay.

I think it’s still hard to tell. Texas will be the benchmark for the season imho.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX

I think it’s still hard to tell. Texas will be the benchmark for the season imho.
It depends which Sanders shows up to play. During the broadcast RG shared a conversation with Dunn which was, to paraphrase, they don’t know which Sanders they’re getting from game to game. Are they getting the one to throw for 300+ and 3 TDs or the one that throws 3 picks. In the postgame Gundy said (again paraphrasing) which Sanders they get impacts play calling and the game plan wasn’t to have 56 rush attempts or for Jaylan to get 36 carries. When you’re QB is inconsistent and limits what you can call game to game, half to half or or drive to drive I don’t think you can be the real deal.

Last edited: