Official Game Thread: Baylor vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
Another week, another undefeated conference foe coming to Stillwater.

If this OSU team finds two good halves of football and puts them together in the same night, they can beat anyone in the conference, maybe even the country. But you play the team in front of you, and Baylor will be looking to improve upon their recent history in Stillwater. They're probably riding pretty high after taking down Iowa State. But that game was in the friendly confines of Not Floyd Casey Stadium. This one is at the Boone at night. And this defense will be ready to take an undefeated record into the bye week. Suffice it to say, this game is huge moving into the road trip stretch of the schedule coming up.

Hope everyone enjoys this game, because it'll be a true lay-off until America's Greatest Homecoming. Until then...

Go Pokes! Beat the Bears!

Baylor University Bears vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 6:00 PM CDT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
2021 Records
BU 4-0 (2-0), OSU 4-0 (1-0)
OSU leads the series, 21-18
TV: ESPN2
Suddenlink: 36
DirecTV: 209

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 99, XM 200, SXM App 954
: http://okla.st/osutunein

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

BU Roster

BU Game Notes

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
This is dangerous territory. When I start thinking we’re special is when something happens to prove otherwise.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
For some reason, we have struggled against Baylor. Last 6 meetings, we only won twice (2017 and 2020). Not sure what it is about them. Since 2015 they have had 4 different coaches (Briles, intern guy, Matt Rhule, Arnada) and yet we only manage to win twice since then.

I believe this is our biggest test to date. Much bigger than Kansas state. If we win this game, I believe this cowboy team might be the real deal. Just hope we have some of the injured guys back in healthy tomorrow night. Either way, I believe the good guys will get it done tomorrow

GO POKES

Oct 30, 2007
For some reason, we have struggled against Baylor. Last 6 meetings, we only won twice (2017 and 2020). Not sure what it is about them. Since 2015 they have had 4 different coaches (Briles, intern guy, Matt Rhule, Arnada) and yet we only manage to win twice since then.

I believe this is our biggest test to date. Much bigger than Kansas state. If we win this game, I believe this cowboy team might be the real deal. Just hope we have some of the injured guys back in healthy tomorrow night. Either way, I believe the good guys will get it done tomorrow

GO POKES
Please define real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Another week, another undefeated conference foe coming to Stillwater.
That would be an interesting bit of trivia, how many undefeated teams (conference game or not) have come to Stillwater and OSU record against them?

Nov 6, 2010

GO POKES
Disagree a little, Boise there is a big deal, even if we got a call. And as you pointed out, the odds are with us given the numbers. That's why I think we not only win this game, but in dominant fashion.

Apr 7, 2006
Don't let a bad call spoil the Boise State win. It was an all around bad set of officials that made bad calls in both directions and both teams had plenty of time to decide the outcome after the scoop/score that should've been. I would argue that the scoop/score that they called dead was much closer than the roughing the passer call they blew.