Official Game Thread: Baylor vs. Oklahoma State [Big XII Championship Game]

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
Bottom line is the old adage “games are won and lost in the trenches”. Good offensive lines can make decent RB and QB look great. It doesn’t matter who the OC would be, they will not succeed with the level of offensive line play we have seen.
I agree with you, but with the game on the line we pieced together a 90+ yard drive and mixed in some runs. Our oline didn't change and yet we made calls that allowed us to move the ball in spite of it. Same thing would be appropriate in many 3rd quarters this season. There were things there we just didn't find them until late in the game because Dunn doesn't adjust quickly.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Gundy has to take a realistic look at direction of the offense. It hasn't been good for quite a while now.

If we had even the Clint Chelf offense, we'd be undefeated.

Injuries have played a part, no doubt.
This is also a problem.

We've entered the last two years completely banged up, and finished in the same shape. You can say it's bad luck, but it seems to be more of a trend.

I hate that this season will be seen as one of the biggest opportunities missed, and it came down to very poor play from something that just needed to be average.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
27 scored early in the fourth on the pass play and they didn’t even review it. That would have made it to where all we had to do was kick a fg to win the game at the end…alas it was not meant to be…but that was a touchdown on the second to last drive on the pass play where they said his elbow was down…yep it was but the ball was on the goal line simaltanously. Odd they didn’t even review that one. I was jumping out of my skin yelling for that to be reviewed. I actually think we scored twice on that drive and we had to settle for a fg.

Apr 1, 2008
Carrollton,Tx
We’ll get them next year! I said that a ton as an OSU fan
I think that should just be our motto, I believe we say that every year and so do the other teams to us…you’ll get Em next year…pretty tired of next year! This one was in our hands to take, they had no fire in their veins for it tonight. If they would have like bedlam we would have danced into the playoffs. It just isn’t the destiny for OSU.mediocrity is how we roll…

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I will have to say the offense sure sucked today. 240 total yards? 36 in the second half? Absolute embarrassment. How did the OC ever get this job? He needs to go, yesterday. He truly does suck as another thread states.

Oh wait. I was looking at the wrong team. And isn’t that OC up for Assistant Coach of the Year along with Knowles?

Our fans are just ridiculous. Same nonsense every season, if not every game. Fire the OC.

I will say though, it is THE one thing in this world I can count on - stupid football fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
27 scored early in the fourth on the pass play and they didn’t even review it. That would have made it to where all we had to do was kick a fg to win the game at the end…alas it was not meant to be…but that was a touchdown on the second to last drive on the pass play where they said his elbow was down…yep it was but the ball was on the goal line simaltanously. Odd they didn’t even review that one. I was jumping out of my skin yelling for that to be reviewed. I actually think we scored twice on that drive and we had to settle for a fg.
They were all very close, but the ball was short in all cases except for the run play where it was not clear. I agree that the plays should have all been reviewed more closely. Maybe they were in the booth, and it was just really fast?

Apr 7, 2006
I will have to say the offense sure sucked today. 240 total yards? 36 in the second half? The OC
needs to go. He does suck as another thread states.

Oh wait. I was looking at the wrong team. And isn’t that OC up for Assistant Coach of the Year along with Knowles?

Our fans are just ridiculous. Same nonsense every season, if not every game. Fire the OC.

I will say though, it is THE one thing in this world I can count on - stupid football fans.

You're right. That is often true, but in this case you understand that this is the national conversation on this game.

We got to the Baylor 6 or better 4 times and came away with 9 points. You arent going to be able to be assistant to the regional moderator when it comes to people being frustrated about the OC.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I will have to say the offense sure sucked today. 240 total yards? 36 in the second half? The OC

I take it from this and your countless other similar posts that you thought our offense was fine yesterday?

Nov 18, 2011

Ok, yeah, and some fans just look at the box score and stats and proclaim all is well. You realize they ran like 30 fewer plays, and were often handed a shorter field. You realize they were playing against the #3 defense in the country with a freshman QB only making his second start. You realize they were successful in the red zone, only missing a FG, while we were like 1 for 20 inside the 10. Two extremely different situations. Context matters.

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
On a positive note, winning probably wouldn’t have gotten us into the CFP.
I’m not sure that’s a positive note but I agree. Last week I didn’t think there was any way all games would go the opposite of what we needed. They did.

OSU win? Nope.
Georgia win? Nope.
Cincy loss/squeaker win? Nope.
Michigan loss? Nope.

Would have still loved to win the Big 12 Championship but feel that if Dez had hit the pylon for the win we’d still be the #5 seed today waiting for bowl scraps.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Losing yesterday cost OSU and the coaching staff money. I haven’t seen anyone drop the figures here, but losing yesterday was a significant hit to our 2022 finances.

Based on the comments from Gundy in the previous weeks, I think this administration finally understands the importance of that. Perhaps the OU to SEC thing woke them up to that fact or at least emphasized it.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I’m not sure that’s a positive note but I agree. Last week I didn’t think there was any way all games would go the opposite of what we needed. They did.

OSU win? Nope.
Georgia win? Nope.
Cincy loss/squeaker win? Nope.
Michigan loss? Nope.

Would have still loved to win the Big 12 Championship but feel that if Dez had hit the pylon for the win we’d still be the #5 seed today waiting for bowl scraps.
But I'd get to bitch and moan so much and that is getting to be one of my true spiritual gifts when it comes to OSU athletics.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Yesterday realizing the fate of the game was in the Offense's hands at the end had a lot different feel to it than had the victory been riding on our D.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Amen. All I wanted was a Big 12 title. That is all our team could control. If we got in the playoffs I would have been thrilled, but it was beyond their control.
at the end of the day, control what you can control. Winning the big XII championship was something you could control. Win the league and let the chips fall where they may…now we have fan’s downplaying the game like it didn’t matter…that’s the epitome of a losers mentality!!!