Official Game Thread: Arkansas Pine Bluff vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
M
Yea…I’m kinda a half glass empty type of guy but that post makes me look like I’m the orange kool-aid man pumping sunshine and rainbows…
That post was a "the glass could tip over and break, causing you to cut your hand, leading to an infection that makes you miss work, so you lose the house".

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Now that the Big 12 will become an utterly abysmal conference, it will devastate recruiting. This entire situation is depressing. I love OSU with a passion, so I'll support OSU regardless. But man.. there's no way to sugar coat it.. the Big 12 will become irrelevant and quickly so. It's not good. Not good at all ☹️
Why do you say that the B12 will become an utterly abysmal conference? I'd argue that top to bottom it's way better than the B1G right now. The B1G is basically tOSU, sorta Michigan and then a whole bunch of average to outright crappy programs. The B12 is pretty stout overall.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Why do you say that the B12 will become an utterly abysmal conference? I'd argue that top to bottom it's way better than the B1G right now. The B1G is basically tOSU, sorta Michigan and then a whole bunch of average to outright crappy programs. The B12 is pretty stout overall.
Because he’s a sooner troll that thinks OU is gods gift to the Big XII

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I don't like being pessimistic. If we are to be honest, QB recruiting has been a complete disaster ever since Mike (previous OC) left for Penn State...and the current QB recruit chose OSU over Kansas and Bowling Green. OSU, Kansas and Bowling Green were his only offers.

And does anyone know why the current recruiting class is ranked 64th? Super seniors or not, recruiting has taken a full-steam ahead nosedive. Gundy and his coaching staff have missed on nearly every single recruit they wanted and had to settle with 2nd, 3rd,.and even 4th option

Now that the Big 12 will become an utterly abysmal conference, it will devastate recruiting. This entire situation is depressing. I love OSU with a passion, so I'll support OSU regardless. But man.. there's no way to sugar coat it.. the Big 12 will become irrelevant and quickly so. It's not good. Not good at all ☹️
You are an obvious troll. Get lost.

Dec 9, 2013
Did not really see enough of Garrett. Gunnar will throw interceptions against actual competition. He never looked ANYWHERE but where he was going to throw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed this as well, but came across impressed w the kid. He wasn’t really forced to make reads as it seemed his first option was either predetermined or was open. It was his first true “live game” action in 3 yrs (yes he played last yr but was just the handoff guy and same w week 1 this yr). On the TD throw to Shetron he made the read pre snap and threw a great ball. He seemed really accurate and had way better wheels than I thought. Is he our QB1 of the future? I don’t know. He throws a more catchable ball than Sanders did his 1st season. He seems to run North/south more than sanders did his 1st season.

I thought he was very Taylor Corndogesque. If he turns out like Corn over the next 2 seasons I think we will be very happy because he will have more games to play, but it would be interesting to see how he plays against P5 defenses that can disguise presnap and bring pressure.

Oct 1, 2006
USA
Does anyone know why Deondre Jackson, the A&M transfer is not able to play? Last I heard it was because of NCAA issues. Sorry if I missed this discussion elsewhere...just curious about his status.
It was an NCAA eligibility issue. He was suited up this past weekend for the first time so I believe he is good to go. Not sure why he didn't play.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
I noticed this as well, but came across impressed w the kid. He wasn’t really forced to make reads as it seemed his first option was either predetermined or was open. It was his first true “live game” action in 3 yrs (yes he played last yr but was just the handoff guy and same w week 1 this yr). On the TD throw to Shetron he made the read pre snap and threw a great ball. He seemed really accurate and had way better wheels than I thought. Is he our QB1 of the future? I don’t know. He throws a more catchable ball than Sanders did his 1st season. He seems to run North/south more than sanders did his 1st season.

I thought he was very Taylor Corndogesque. If he turns out like Corn over the next 2 seasons I think we will be very happy because he will have more games to play, but it would be interesting to see how he plays against P5 defenses that can disguise presnap and bring pressure.
Give me a QB that can read a defense and knows exactly where to go before it's even snapped any day of the week. It was like watching the old TT offenses. Someone was wide open all the time and he knew who it was going to be before he took the snap.

That said, Let's keep SS healthy this year and worry about the next QB in 2023.:lol: