Official Game Thread: Arkansas Pine Bluff vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
Time for the last live scrimmage of the year.

The Cowboys have done some good work so far this year. They’ve settled some old business and dealt with a Power 5 opponent.

Can the Cowboys defense contain an offense that just dropped 76 points on [checks notes] THE North American University? I suppose we’ll find out.

It’s not necessarily entertaining when this kind of game rolls around on the schedule. But it’s as good a chance as any at some consequence-free depth flexing as we’re going to get.

Let’s get to work. In two weeks, the real test is coming. Until then…

Go Pokes! Beat the Golden Lions!

University of Arkansas Pine Bluff Golden Lions vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 6:00 PM CDT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
2022 Records
UAPB 2-0 (0-0), OSU 2-0 (0-0)
First meeting
TV: ESPN+ (streaming, subscription required)
Suddenlink: N/A
DirecTV: N/A

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
http://okla.st/osutunein
The Varsity Network

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

UAPB Roster

UAPB Game Notes

Mar 8, 2010
I disagree about the entertainment value of a game like this. On the contrary, I look forward to a stress free game and the opportunity to see the number two and three quarterbacks along with some key reserves that we might have to rely on sometime as the season progresses.

NinjaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
It’s the 3rd week of College Football and we’re ranked #7. Is this the highest we’ve been ranked before Big XII play? The ‘17-‘18 Rudolph, Washington, and Atemen era comes to mind, but even then I don’t think we were ranked this high.

Mar 27, 2008
I disagree about the entertainment value of a game like this. On the contrary, I look forward to a stress free game and the opportunity to see the number two and three quarterbacks along with some key reserves that we might have to rely on sometime as the season progresses.
They already had that game back on April 23rd.

Jul 9, 2004
It’s the 3rd week of College Football and we’re ranked #7. Is this the highest we’ve been ranked before Big XII play? The ‘17-‘18 Rudolph, Washington, and Atemen era comes to mind, but even then I don’t think we were ranked this high.
3rd week of the season ranking:
2011 #8 @Tulsa
2013 #12 vs Lamar
2017 #9 @Pitt

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Dec 30, 2008
Canyon Texas
For what it's worth, we (WTAMU) played North American two years ago and won 56-0. It is entirely possible that they have become a better team since then, but based on this single experience, it does not look like UAPB has played anyone particularly good. That said, as a lifelong OSU fan, I'd be worried if we were playing a six-man team from Happy, Texas.

May 26, 2012
Cincinnati and UCF programs going downhill right before coming into the league. Houston hasn’t looked worth a crap this season as well.

May 26, 2012
I was looking forward to seeing Gunnar play the whole second half against central Michigan and we all saw what happened there

Oct 30, 2012
Quick strike! I like it. Use this game to fix little things and build on things you need. Then get your rotators/backups a ton of reps!! Need this going into bye week and then big conference opener against Baylor!

PistolPete'sMustache

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Ugh, I know it's not a great matchup, but this is the bottom of the barrel production. Nobody noticed the ball acted funny on that TD? I saw immediately it looked funky and wanted to see the replay. Took them forever to show it, didn't mention that it was under review, then finally on replay "oh wow I didn't see that initially." Terrible conversation too.