Officer and 9 others killed in Boulder CO

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
not sure i believe the twitters.
Yeah, this guy is just trying to stir up crap and has a ton of tweets like this quoting Unnamed WH sources

This is 100% false. The guy was born in Syria and moved to the US in 2002 at the age of 3 with his parents. 11K people have liked this tweet and it is 100% BS...FoxNews follows this guy on Twitter too

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Yeah, this guy is just trying to stir up crap and has a ton of tweets like this quoting Unnamed WH sources

This is 100% false. The guy was born in Syria and moved to the US in 2002 at the age of 3 with his parents. 11K people have liked this tweet and it is 100% BS
nothing good comes from social media.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It works both ways..
Yep. The Mental Health crisis is the true thing no one wants to talk about.

In the 50's there were 559,000 in patient beds for Mental Health patients. 340 beds for every 100,000 people
Today there are only 35,000 in patient beds for Mental Health patients. 11 beds for every 100,000 people.

Many people living in society today, truly need to spend some time institutionalized seeking and getting treatment for mental health issues.

This is what is wrong with the country now. Has nothing to do with guns or religion. People who suffer from mental health issues have always (and I mean since the beginning of time) used the various weapons of their day and in the name of their Religion and Gods have slain innocents for millennia

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Yep. The Mental Health crisis is the true thing no one wants to talk about.

In the 50's there were 559,000 in patient beds for Mental Health patients. 340 beds for every 100,000 people
Today there are only 35,000 in patient beds for Mental Health patients. 11 beds for every 100,000 people.

Many people living in society today, truly need to spend some time institutionalized seeking and getting treatment for mental health issues.

This is what is wrong with the country now. Has nothing to do with guns or religion. People who suffer from mental health issues have always (and I mean since the beginning of time) used the various weapons of their day and in the name of their Religion and Gods have slain innocents for millennia
Many decades ago families were dropping off children with the littlest of disabilities because they did not want to take care of them, which would shunned these days. There were many large mental hospitals which are abandoned these days. Sadly the patients were mistreated and abused with horrific surgical experiments performed on them with no repercussions. I assume that over the years the mistreatment was discovered thus leading to their shutdown which explains the much lower number of beds. Just speculating.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Many decades ago families were dropping off children with the littlest of disabilities because they did not want to take care of them, which would shunned these days. There were many large mental hospitals which are abandoned these days. Sadly the patients were mistreated and abused with horrific surgical experiments performed on them with no repercussions. I assume that over the years the mistreatment was discovered thus leading to their shutdown which explains the much lower number of beds. Just speculating.
The horror stories of what they did to people in those places is crazy. Experimentation etc. The Govt run them all, but in light of all the horrific things coming out of them, the Govt backed out, pulled funding. Shut down all their stuff and turned control of the Mental Health facilities into the hands of each State. I think this happened in the 60's. This is when the huge declines in the # of beds available started happening as States wouldn't/couldn't fund these places and didn't want to touch the situation around trying to regulate them based on what had recently been revealed about the stuff patients were subjected too in those places and had zero infrastructure in place to regulate and support this type of medical need in their own states.

I don't think it is unreasonable the Govt couldn't start funding these types of facilities again, with modern regulations, requirements to be committed, and the fact we have come a long way since the 60's in the terms of treating mental health illness. I think this is the ONLY way the "gun problem" in America gets solved.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Some of that mistreatment is what led to a crusade against all of these institutions and made it easier for the government to just get out of the business. But it went way to far toward the other end as shown by the numbers Binman posted. Instead of trying to fix the problems they just stopped doing anything. This has also led to the explosion of homelessness we are currently seeing. Instead of them being in institutions where most of the time they are getting help, they are now just kicked out to the street. Its not like those same families are now taking care of them.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I don't think it is unreasonable the Govt couldn't start funding these types of facilities again, with modern regulations, requirements to be committed, and the fact we have come a long way since the 60's in the terms of treating mental health illness. I think this is the ONLY way the "gun problem" in America gets solved.
I 100% agree that we need to make mental health a priority again but more pills isn't the answer.

I believe that the mental health facilities can only hold you so long, so each patient has to voluntarily want to get better which could be a challenge similar to homelessness. Also, gun control will be hard to enforce to those with mental health issues because of doctor/patient confidentiality and HIPAA.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
At this point I would not be opposed to requiring a mental health evaluation conducted in the previous week by a Govt funded doctor for several things. Lets be honest, there are some people out there who just do not have the mental capacity or have lost the mental capacity for some things.

I mean several states start making you take eye exams and the written test over at a certain age to renew drivers license to ensure the mental and physical capacity is still there to drive a car. I think we should at the very least test the mental capacity of a person prior to them purchasing a firearm.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I 100% agree that we need to make mental health a priority again but more pills isn't the answer.
Lithium Carbonate is a medicine used to control Bi-Polar disorder. The WHO has called it an absolute necessary drug for the entire world and it is listed as a necessity for the basic health of all countries as it chemically suppresses Manic behavior

Without it we would have a Bi-Polar Manic epidemic worldwide on our hands.

as of 2015 there were an estimated over 6 MILLION people in the US who have bi-polar who need Lithium but only 51% of the estimated people with Bi-Polar disorder had sought out and received medical treatment for it.

And we need to train our Doctors better.

As of 2004. 69% of people diagnosed with Bi-Polar took an avg of FOUR different doctors visits before they were correctly diagnosed as bi-polar. I HIGHLY doubt that someone who was miss diagnosed by 1 doctor would be likely to go to 3 more doctors to get the right diagnosis.

More pills may not be the answer...but I think getting people diagnosed correctly as Bi-Polar early on, getting them on Lithium and helping them control it would be a GREAT first step toward getting back to a focus on mental health....and a positive outcome may even be less mass shootings by mentally disturbed individuals.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
It works both ways..
Yep.
Have there been any political leaders and MSM members claiming Islamic terrorism? At least anywhere near the level like happened after the ATL killings claiming it was a hate crime.

Andrew Yang, Dem Presidential candidate, said the ATL shootings were “clear as day a hate crime”
Senator Tammy Duckworth said the ATL shootings ”were racially motivated”.
Rep. Judy Chu said she “strongly believes“ Atlanta shooting were hate crimes because he was “a white male”.
GA Dem Senator Warnock said the crime constituted a hate crime because “we all know hate when we see it”
Atlanta Mayor Bottoms said “hate crime charges may be appropriate” and it “looks like a hate crime” and she “would be surprised” if hate crimes are not charged.

Although only related to a political figure, Kamala Harris’s niece tweeted “violent white men are the greatest threat to this country” yesterday when she followed a fake news story about the killer.

MSM: CNN, MSNBC, and the LA Times ran stories about how the crime could be charged under the GA hate crime laws. Even today, both cnn.com and msnbc.com have stories on their main page speculating about hate crime charges for the ATL shooter.

It should be amazing how the spin of the narrative is so dramatically different between these two horrific crimes. But it is not.

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
This should spark debate about mental health but that is not what the people who rule us want so it won't. You can't scare people into voting for you by making depression a boogie man. You can't disarm your subjects by claiming schizophrenia kills children. So the people in charge will further divide us by talking about guns.

Our rulers, let's face it, we the people are not in charge anymore, will try to use this for THEIR gain, nothing else. And their allies in the corporate media will push whatever story best supports that.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Background checks don't work if they aren't done or if they don't have access to pertinent information. If the politicians in DC want to talk about gun control maybe they should first be required to answer about their failure to enforce the laws already on the books.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Background checks don't work if they aren't done or if they don't have access to pertinent information. If the politicians in DC want to talk about gun control maybe they should first be required to answer about their failure to enforce the laws already on the books.
The legislative branch doesn’t enforce law, they write it.

Sep 3, 2010
The legislative branch doesn’t enforce law, they write it.
Newsflash....people who go on shooting rampages don't follow the law. Writing more gun control laws won't help. Never has. Colorado already has some of the most stringent gun laws in the country as does Chicago. Another newsflash....their not getting my guns and their not gonna get yours either unless you give them up. I have no idea how this guy bought a gun with all of the trouble he had been in and I'm even more confused as to where he got the ammo.